• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping up this thread.

Currently with Bingle paying $1k anually
    Agreed Value: $24200
    Car: DC5S 06

Hey guys so I've recently been browsing around for a different insurance company because I started modding my car around mid last year and Bingle does not cover any type of modifications. I've read through this whole thread and have called up all over the place for quotes.

Shannons under my name: $3000 Agreed value $25000 ($950 excess)
    just car insurance under my name: $1450 Agreed Value $20,000 ($1750 maximum Excess)
    GIO: Does not cover under 25
    AAMI: under Dad's name $1200 $25,000 Agreed Value (High Excess $1650) OR $750 for $20,000 agreed value.

Now I'm deciding between AAMI or Just Cars. AAMI have a additional $1400 "AGE Excess" ontop of the standard excess if I get into a accident. I have called AAMI up and asked if they cover mods such as headers, exhaust, intake and they said yes they do. I also asked if I can insure under my dads name, they told me "If I dont list my name down and get into a accident, I am not covered because I'm under 25" But I asked them that on their website it states Non listed Under 25 drivers pay extra $1400 if I do get into a accident, he then told me "thats only if you drive the car once in a year". So how would they be able to tell if I'm an occassional driver or not? Or should I not risk it and just go with Just cars insurance? What do you guys think

Comment

Car: 2001 Honda S2000
      Agreed Value: $15,000
      Insurer: AAMI
      Premium: $729 p.a.

notes:

max excess
      no mods
      insured under Julie and I, aged 26.

I always run policies with max exces,s and I dont believe in high agreed values also. hidden costs that you will never realise unless u write off a car. my Type S DC5 has never had a apyout, so i kinda got screwed paying all that premium. Not this time for the S2k.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        Car: 2001 Honda S2000
        Agreed Value: $15,000
        Insurer: AAMI
        Premium: $729 p.a.

notes:

max excess
        no mods
        insured under Julie and I, aged 26.

I always run policies with max exces,s and I dont believe in high agreed values also. hidden costs that you will never realise unless u write off a car. my Type S DC5 has never had a apyout, so i kinda got screwed paying all that premium. Not this time for the S2k.
        Could you elaborate on these hidden costs?
        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

What I mean is IMHO:

Putting in high agreed values is a hidden cost in the premium which you never get any benefit from unless you write off your car, and get a payout....

I thought it was cool initially to put a higher agreed value, but 5 years that elasped, I never had a payout... so I lost money in paying a higher premium for no reason....
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            What I mean is IMHO:

Putting in high agreed values is a hidden cost in the premium which you never get any benefit from unless you write off your car, and get a payout....

I thought it was cool initially to put a higher agreed value, but 5 years that elasped, I never had a payout... so I lost money in paying a higher premium for no reason....
            In the same logic, without making a claim in the last 5 years, you also paid insurance for no reason ...
            It's just for piece of mind. Insurance has always been a gamble. It works out differently for every individual based on their luck.

Comment

See your point Jase.

Yes insurance for piece of mind, but at the same time over insuring is a waste of money.

Its like getting life/personal insurance.

Yeah you can get cover to get paid out $2-3M. Obviously premiums are higher. But if your debt exposure and budget to survive etc is say only $1M you are over insured....
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Working...
              X