Insurance Policies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teee94 View Post
    Man you guys with the DC5S and Luxury can get an agreed value so high ! Makes me jealous.
    i thought agreed value is what you tell them?

didn't you do the application yourself online?
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 05-06-13, 11:54 AM.
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      i thought agreed value is what you tell them?

didn't you do the application yourself online?
      Nopee, they consider 2001 DC5R as just some ordinary car as the they don't have the "Type R Tax."
      I guess another reason why they are so cheap.
      I could only get 14,075 agreed maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by teee94 View Post
        I could only get 14,075 agreed maximum.
        ah right, yes, that makes sense, i though you hadnt selected the amount - but you had...
        ... retired/

Comment

My agreed value dropped on my 2001 dc5R this year to around 12k mark, very sad, called up and they said, either your insurance goes up and your agreed value stays the same, or bit cheaper insurance and we decrease agreed value, went something like that, forgot =[ can barely ever win, sons of bitches
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

So... I just called up Shannons (I am turning 21 this year) and just got insured with them under my name at $1800 p/a. Agreed valued of $20000 and all mods. I think this was pretty solid!! A lot better than Just car fk yeah.
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Everyone, I work in insurance. Coles is backed by Wesfarmer's & Wesfarmer's buys their insurance from an international insurer in the UK which is why their's is so cheap. Keep in mind that all these new insurers are only cheap because they're buying their insurance from an international source & selling it in Australia. Right now, the AUD isn't as bad so they're making their profit. But when you lodge a claim, it will be really annoying because it'll be a long process having to contact the insurer in the UK. As opposed to insuring with an Aussie insurer such as NRMA, AAMI, GIO, RAC/RACQ/RACV.. You're claim will be processed much quicker because the insurer is based in Australia.

About the mods, Coles will ONLY cover it if it's road legal & if your car is road legal with the modification installed. For instance, a cai kit that isn't boxed in or covered is a defect which makes your car not road legal hence, the insurer can possibly knock back the claim. This rule also applies for NRMA, AAMI, GIO & other insurers (as far as I'm aware, don't quiet me please). Although, insurers such as progressive insurance & budget don't cover mods at all (please check on this, last time I checked at work they didn't cover).

As for the agreed value on integra's, civic's, s2000's & preludes.. An agreed value can only be taken up by a max of 30% of it's market value if it's a general insurer insuring the car such as NRMA, AAMI, GIO, RACV/RACQ/RAC. Such as the DC5R/S & DC2R; the market value on a DC5R is between $10k-$13k as of yesterday's figures. Why? Well they're about a 10-11 year old vehicle with a high demand in the car scene. Higher demand results in more dc5r owners which results in more incidents happening which also results in more claims being lodged AND the value of the car going down. Hence why integra's market value isn't as high as it is on the actual streets. Same thing with the EP3R, FN2R & other honda's.

If you're after a high agreed value to cover all your mods, best insurer to go for is Just Car Insurance or Shannon's. They specialize in insuring modified vehicles & they can insure your mods no doubt! AND Just Car is owned by AAMI (Aussie insurer= better claims experience), Shannon's is owned by an Aussie company as well (not 100% sure who!).

So here's my spill on car insurance, I can write up way more but I'm more than happy to answer questions so go ahead!

P.S. Sorry for the essay, I hope you guys don't mind!

Comment

^ Great little informative read!!
                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                  So... I just called up Shannons (I am turning 21 this year) and just got insured with them under my name at $1800 p/a. Agreed valued of $20000 and all mods. I think this was pretty solid!! A lot better than Just car fk yeah.
                  What did you say to have them agree to insure you being 20yo?

Is the 1800pa with standard excess? Pretty good!

Comment

Yeah I got my quote rejected from shannons because im under 25
                    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by PENUT View Post

Shannons is a fixed $550 excess. Cannot change it.

Comment

Originally posted by PENUT View Post

I just said I was a club enthusiast looking to track and belong to clubitr and the guy on the phone i spoke to knew about the forum and was really cool about it. I may of got lucky, actually spoke to the guy a bit about dc5's since he was looking to buy one himself! Maybe luck or not but glad I'm with shannons now.

The excess is $550 standard +$400 being under 25.
                        Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                        Yeah I got my quote rejected from shannons because im under 25
                        Sucky!! Try again!! I rkn i got a killer deal being 20 and only 1800 premium.
                        Originally posted by Kin View Post
                        Shannons is a fixed $550 excess. Cannot change it.
                        In my case it was +$400 being under 25 though!

Comment

oh yeah.. but i meant you couldnt adjust excess to drop premium with shannons

Comment

That's a good deal for an under 25 with a premium of $1800!

Comment

back when I still own my DC5R

Car: DC5R
                              Insurer: NRMA
                              Price: $1600 p/a
                              Insurance Type: Comprehensive mods included
                              Insured under: Myself
                              Agreed Value: $19,000

it may sound cheap - however I have 2 cars, home and home content, road side membership with NRMA
                              CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
                                oh yeah.. but i meant you couldnt adjust excess to drop premium with shannons
                                Oh yes! You can't change the excess amount to adjust premium!

Originally posted by Parvez View Post
                                That's a good deal for an under 25 with a premium of $1800!
                                Hell yeah! Was stoked!

Comment

Working...
                                X