Insurance Policies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
    Am pretty happy with what i got from coles insurance...
    some of you guys sound so funny talking about this,

you havent gotten ANYTHING from coles at all.

nothing.

you only "get something" from an insurer when something bad happens.

and until that thing happens you have no idea about the quality of the insurance product you have paid for.

it's not like on the TV ads - insurance companies exist to make a profit and will do anything they can to refuse your claim.
    ... retired/

Comment

If you do the right thing and do legal mods there won't be a problem with a claim..
      sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Even legal mods can cause issues dude. Mitsubishi tried to void a warranty claim on a blown evo x gearbox. Reason: "you lowered your car". Tink is right. Like manufacturers, insurance companies are out to make money. Rejecting as many claims as possible helps them get there.
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

If you do the right thing and do legal mods there won't be a problem with a claim..
          ZIPPIE - basically any engine modification can be deemed illegal under the ADRs, most suspension and brake modificatiosn will be able to be deemed illegal too...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            ZIPPIE - basically any engine modification can be deemed illegal under the ADRs, most suspension and brake modificatiosn will be able to be deemed illegal too...
            I know nothing of insurance, but tinkerbell is correct. A great many common modifications contravene either the ADRs or individual state's road rules.

Comment

I don't plan on doing any rad mods anyway.... I do flashlights so am aware of what's right n not... All good.
              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Flashlights??? Roadworthys I meant.... Stooooopid fone..
                sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                  Even legal mods can cause issues dude. Mitsubishi tried to void a warranty claim on a blown evo x gearbox. Reason: "you lowered your car". Tink is right. Like manufacturers, insurance companies are out to make money. Rejecting as many claims as possible helps them get there.
                  Yes manufacturers will try and void your warranty if you modify your car in any way.
                  And totally agree about insurance companies trying to avoid paying out, not only on the insured car but also the other car that their insured driver hits..
                  Years ago, probably before most of you were born, i was driving my LJ Torana, was sitting at the lights and got slammed from behind by a nissan pulsar insured by AAMI, when i had to take my car to AAMI's assessment centre they tried to avoid paying to fix my car because i had mags fitted, mind you they were OEM wheels...
                  Last edited by felixR; 06-06-13, 09:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote
                  sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I just received my insurance renewal with aami. Will be my 4th policy ongoing and 3rd renewal. Excess set to max. Premium is 1460 per annum under my name. Agreed value of $25.5k. Current mods listed. Price includes 5%/ruby discount. I find always calling them up and just talking about the policy will allow them room to move and premium went down to $1306. Oh that includes an extra $45 for windscreen front cover.

Really impressed with aami to be honest. Had to go thru a not at fault claim for my accident a year ago. Took it to aami assessor. No dramas as it was evident i wasnt at fault. Aami assessor noted the aftermarket mounts and auto applied them to my policy... still covrred all repair costs and i had to pay nothing. Process was simple as..
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

^is it considerably more expensive since you're insured for an agreed value rather than market?

i usually get quotes for market value, they dont tell me what that value is

Comment

You guys pay peanuts.

Is it true after 25 your premium drops by like half?
                        Backyard Special.

Comment

Originally posted by xntrik View Post
                          You guys pay peanuts.

It sure does..
                          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I thought it was up'd to 30.

I'm still paying a sh17load for my insurance... i'm 28

Comment

Originally posted by PENUT View Post
                              ^is it considerably more expensive since you're insured for an agreed value rather than market?

i usually get quotes for market value, they dont tell me what that value is
                              Last year i bumped agreeed value right up to $27.xk premium went up what $80?

I might bump it up again as julie will be driving it 7days now...

Originally posted by xntrik View Post
                              You guys pay peanuts.

I also asked this and with aami this doent come into consideration

It sure does..
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

With GIO it does apparently.

The guy over the phone said it at one stage when I was updating my policy.

"Your premium is gonna stay the same because you're under 25"

Maybe it's different per insurance company?
                                Backyard Special.

Comment

Working...
                                X