Amuse R1 Titanium Exhaust - Pictures + Video added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noel View Post
    I don't believe it has changed since they were released. However, different weld types and methods are applicable for different models throughout the R1 titan range. Ala on a R1000 model pipe, there are no mandrel bents at all.
    Does this mean the straighter weld bent axle back that I have was like an option you can choose, because I've previously seen multiple R1's with this standard method only shown below.

Last edited by RDC-5™; 22-02-07, 10:02 PM.

Comment

looks hot....how's the sound??
      if u had opportunity pls post it up

Comment

Ahhhh... pics Ben. The wields do look very nice mate.
        Last edited by TeMp; 22-02-07, 05:15 PM.

Comment

looks the price tag but dang thas alot...nice choice non the less
          arrowz
          sigpic

[ Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #003 ]

Comment

Thanx guys, I'll be adding photos after I install it, maybe attach a sound clip if I have the chance.
            Last edited by RDC-5™; 23-02-07, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I agree with RDC-5, the old amuse r1 titan for dc5 have different resonator hanger location and the welding are different at the axle back part.

Comment

can't wait till we see it all heat up and turn blue.....
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

saw it in person..the welding is sooooooooooooooooooooo nice....wanna get one too now...sigh..but cost too much...i was going to burn it with a lighter to see it go blue....then ben took my lighter and never gave it back...

Comment

It's not old or new welding/bending methods. It's simply how Amuse sets different standards for the multi-categories of exhaust systems for their product line-up. Most differences are subtle, however important to note that it's a meticulous procedure.

Amuse controls the following from R1 Titan to R1000;

Pipe size, Pipe construction method, Resonator type, Resonator size, Resonators implemented, Muffler type, Muffler size.

A very street bias pipe aka R1 Titan / R1 Titan Extra W or S / R1 Titan Euro - Will often use mandrel bending vs. direct weld to retain the exact diameter throughout the entire pipe length. The bend results a loss in power, reduction in noise along with the implementation of different type of resonators up to how many resonators even, and last of all muffler size and type.

While a race / sports pipe aka R1000 / R1 Titan NR - Apart from tuned pipe size for best output. This selection class will always use direct weld at every kink/bend for maximum power output and extraction. Of course, with pure titanium on all Amuse pipes, it's loud, raw and often at times unbearable. The trade off results in true max power and weight reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by RDC-2™
                      i was going to burn it with a lighter to see it go blue....then ben took my lighter and never gave it back...
                      Enough heat will change it's color properties permanently. On any Amuse pipe, it's not uncommon to see a variety of all colors experienced. They are also an indication of how exhaust flows if more than one pipe direction is used.

The color goes from silver chrome shiny or dull to golden and pink before to light blue and navy blue. The effect is achieved for hard driving or heavy circuit usage @ high RPM constantly. This only occurs on the pipe, not the muffler or resonator.

The resonator stays in dull silver and if colors occur, it means the exhaust is due for a change as all the platinum catalytic material has been burnt off. While the muffler is a factory treated option on it's color properties and never changes no matter how you drive it.

Comment

Here is one of my pipes in storage. The flagship R1000. True 70mm, 3.9kg (OEM 30.5kg) genuine straight-thru manifold back, no room for catalytic converters or resonators accepted. Pumping out close to 135dB @ WOT.

Comment

Thanx for your input Noel. Does the exhaust need to be wipped down after the installation to avoid burnt marks on the exhaust when it heats up like an exhaust manifold? Or is this not required with titanium?

Comment

Originally posted by RDC-5™ View Post
                            Thanx for your input Noel. Does the exhaust need to be wipped down after the installation to avoid burnt marks on the exhaust when it heats up like an exhaust manifold? Or is this not required with titanium?
                            use gloves?

if you had to wipe it down i say dont use anything oil based.. or solvent based. i think water based stuff should leave it quite streek free. im not terribly sure on what else to use though..
                            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                            Originally posted by tinkerbell
                            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Muffler wipe down, not required ... B-pipe ... Up to you, however it doesn't have the same anal properties as SUS304 where it becomes a PITA to remove post heat-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
                                Muffler wipe down, not required ... B-pipe ... Up to you, however it doesn't have the same anal properties as SUS304 where it becomes a PITA to remove post heat-up.
                                Thanx for the advice. I noticed how good titanium metal retains the shiny metallic metal look, opposed to the stainless steel that corrodes and turns pale dark brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X