The E85 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The E85 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the How, Pros, Cons of an E85 Fuel Conversion.

It all started with:
    Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
    UPDATE!

Car:2002 Dc5R
    KM of Engine:104xxx
    Mods list:
    BYP Modified-
    Injen CAI
    RBC Intake Manifold
    J's Racing 68mm Throttle Body
    Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust
    J's Racing Headers with Heat Wrapping

Place of dyno:BYP
    Dyno sheet or kW atw: Stock' 125kw- with Kpro -132.6 kw
    Added RBC ,Full Exhaust and 68mm T/B- 141kw

a Number of minor things resulted in a 139.6 Today for a base run
    Now tuned with E85 - 145 kw
    Wtf ur on e85 now?
    Last edited by felixR; 25-12-11, 09:27 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Wtf ur on e85 now?
    *nods*

Comment

Not being smart ass bro or anything...
      You went E85 with no internal work? Just bolt-ons?
      May i ask.. Why? I don't see the need for it :|

Even after when my motor gets built next year, i'll be getting it tuned to 100 Octaine (Pump Fuel), I'd never go E85

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post

Even after when my motor gets built next year, i'll be getting it tuned to 100 Octaine (Pump Fuel), I'd never go E85
        There is nothing wrong with E85 all you have to do is get bigger injectors

Comment

I understand that, but this is your daily is it not?
          What's the need for E85 like seriously? (Im not having a go or being smart or anything)
          Where the hell do you even get E85 from considering not everyone stocks it?

Comment

I understand that, but this is your daily is it not?
            What's the need for E85 like seriously? (Im not having a go or being smart or anything)
            Where the hell do you even get E85 from considering not everyone stocks it?
            all good man yes my car is my daily,i also track it! i had a fair bit of gains from 98 oct to E85..when Benson posts my sheet up you will see

and regards to where i get it from,i have a servo 30 seconds from my house that stocks it

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
              all good man yes my car is my daily,i also track it! i had a fair bit of gains from 98 oct to E85..when Benson posts my sheet up you will see

and regards to where i get it from,i have a servo 30 seconds from my house that stocks it
              Personally would of hit up with 100 Octaine but your car dude.
              Will see you next year at Wakefield and EC i can assure it.

Comment

E85 is a great upgrade even for a stock k20a. Paying 1.10 per litre for fuel = win
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                  E85 is a great upgrade even for a stock k20a. Paying 1.10 per litre for fuel = win
                  Suppose, what about when you have no servo that stocks it benny? (Not being a smart ass)
                  As we all know, E85 isn't big in Australia like it is in the U.S where every servo stocks it, feel free to correct me wrong.
                  I understand want Paul has said as he has a servo down the road that stocks it but i don't see the need for it IMO.

Comment

^^ Thats Jimmy dude :P haha

but yeah its not for everone,i did it because i like to have a quick car even if it is my daily,i enjoy modding my car even if i only track it 2-3 times a year

Comment

Why not E85? Its run coolers, no black smoke and its enviroment friendly!

The gains are there to prove its a worthwhile excerise. Not only did it gain in power, it also gained in torque!

What cr ratio are you going with your new motor set-up? Where are you going to get 100RON? Who is advising you of your motor build and set-up?

To date, there is about 6-7 service station around Sydney that is supplying E85

I've come across alot of people that will never run E85, but once they are on it, they'll never go back to 98pump . Its just the step for them to acutally go on E85 is the hard part. Luckily for me, Paul trusted my advice to make the switch to E85 and there result has been certainly more than positive! Same day, back to back dyno tunes, cant get more accurate than that! Paul might be able to add his feedback with E85 drivability
                      BYP Racing & Developments
                      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                        Why not E85? Its run coolers, no black smoke and its enviroment friendly!

The gains are there to prove its a worthwhile excerise. Not only did it gain in power, it also gained in torque!

What cr ratio are you going with your new motor set-up? Where are you going to get 100RON? Who is advising you of your motor build and set-up?

To date, there is about 6-7 service station around Sydney that is supplying E85

I've come across alot of people that will never run E85, but once they are on it, they'll never go back to 98pump . Its just the step for them to acutally go on E85 is the hard part. Luckily for me, Paul trusted my advice to make the switch to E85 and there result has been certainly more than positive! Same day, back to back dyno tunes, cant get more accurate than that! Paul might be able to add his feedback with E85 drivability
                        New motor hasn't been fully discussed.
                        100RON is easily attained in Victoria now and i believe BP is in the works to produce it.
                        http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/st...ls/Premium-100

As i said above, full details haven't been discussed but even if SUGGESTED i will refuse to go upon E85, 98/100 RON only.
                        Why would i go on something that isn't readily available to me for one?
                        I understand E85 is the cleaner fuel but i don't believe in it's benefits.
                        Details of my motor build will be kept with me until final details are done and dusted and by the way, i won't be using the K24 that you guys so recommend to everyone.

I've heard enough stories of car thats go on E85 that have engine problems down the line.

But HEY, i ain't a tuner nor a engine builder.
                        I'll take his advice on board but i'll stand by 100RON over E85
                        Last edited by MYDC5R; 25-12-11, 09:21 AM.

Comment

With the gains I got I don't regret doing it, dyno graph will prove why E85 is a smart idea!

Comment

Pizzo, did you need to change fuel lines/pump/injectors to run e85?

I've thought about it in the past (seriously considered it during my K24 build), but have been told/read that the above needs to be changed as the ethanol eats through through lines etc.

Comment

Hey Robi, i changed my Injectors to 650cc thats all =]

If my lines need replacing sometime in the future then so be it.

You should Consider doing it with your K24,im happy with the gains i got in my K20,i can imagine your mid-range and top end in the K24 would be through the roof!

Comment

Working...
                              X