Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got TracTuff oil pan baffle and timing chain cover baffle
    http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...egory&path=184

We are on 18x11 front with 295 tyres front and 18x9 or 9.5 with 245 tyres rear
    JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

Originally posted by eg5 View Post
      We got TracTuff oil pan baffle and timing chain cover baffle
      http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...egory&path=184

We are on 18x11 front with 295 tyres front and 18x9 or 9.5 with 245 tyres rear
      I see. Nonetheless, i'll use what I have now and adjust from there on. The baffle oil pan does look well built. Would there be any problems a k24 application Yonas?

Just to keep people updated on the whole engineering process. I've had to attend a 5 gas emissions test as requirement due to my changing my throttle body and headers. I was not confident that the Mugen Headers would pass as I know and understand majority of Hi-Flow cats fail to meet requirements. The limits which my car must adhere to are below. In addition, for those who are wondering whether my exhaust (Amuse R1 Titan Extra) meets the noise test, it has successfully passed. It reads 84 dB at 3,000 rpm, meeting the maximum limit of 88 dB for street use.

5 Gas emission testing:

So what happens from here now? We'll switch back to the stock headers & cat and do the 5 gas emission test again for engineering submission and leave the mugen headers & cat for track use only. Meanwhile, I have dropped of the car to get the brake kit installed along with extended studs, tegiwa brake booster brace and JDM DC5R brake proportioning valve. Will report back once all is complete.

Comment

So the cars getting the brake kit installed and a few bits and other pieces.

With our brake kit installation, we have run into some problems.
        1. Caliper Bracket dimensions are short by 4mm.
        2. Project Kics R40 wheel nuts which state they can be for extended stud use are not entirely compatible with ARP extended wheel studs.

On a good note,

We have not damaged the front wheel bearings and have been able to re-use them.
        We have managed to find a way to fit the Project Kics R40 wheel nuts with some slight modification (Even though they actually are designed for extended stud use)
        The caliper brackets was used in conjunction with some spacers and fitted perfectly and exceeds the original brembo setups mounting surface. Some may question the structural integrity of the braking system but rest assure that the surface area exceeds the original mounting surface. In an ideal world, the parts we ordered overseas we all pray will fit perfectly, however they never do. . The picture below of the wheel nuts show that we had to bore the ends out to allow for the extended studs to go through all the way.

In addition, if anyone intends on installing a safety harness, you require a 2inch eye bolt for the right lap harness. The mounting position of my left lap harness will be to the rear left seat rail bolt using a Schroth B23A Dog bone fitting Model: SR01324. As some may suggest the seat belt mount, unfortunately there isn't enough space for an eye bolt to pass through. Also the seat belt location is only as strong as the seat rail mount so the base mounting position will be the best suited location.

So thats all for now! Please consider your wheel nut compatibility when installing with extended studs! Next update, fire extinguisher bracket.
        Last edited by Norm; 04-10-13, 12:59 PM.

Comment

This guy likes this update!

Comment

Love it NORMZ

can not wait to see this out on the track when the time comes.

Comment

Love it Norm.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

But the wheel nut would/should never go all the way down the lug as you would put a wheel on it right?
                (sorry its been a long day) right?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  But the wheel nut would/should never go all the way down the lug as you would put a wheel on it right?
                  (sorry its been a long day) right?
                  That is correct and I was quite skeptical of how far it would protrude. But having said that the Project Kics R40 wheel nuts have a pop of cap to allow for extended studs to pass through, however the diameter towards the end of the nut's shoulder gets reduced.

Comment

A small update and abit of a frustration sharing. I've just completed ceramic coating my mugen headers. In light to reduce some radiant heat in the engine bay. This is the same method used for turbo manifolds and have baked to 800c and able to withstand up to 1000c and short bursts of 2000c. Not that I will ever get there. Thanks to the guys at CIC Ceramic http://www.cicceramic.com.au/

On the frustration side, the engineering process is become more difficult than I imaged. I look back at it, perhaps I shouldn't of began the widebody buddyclub venture. In addition, Department of Transport and the engineer require me to prove that the JDM DC5R has a 30mm increased track width over the Aus spec DC5R as I have JDM LCA's, hubs & driveshafts and exceed the allowed track width. The two options available to me,

1. Ask RacingInJapan (Rod) to accompany me to the engineers to have his car visually inspected to confirm the extra track width
                    2. Request a statement of specification from Honda of the JDM DC5R track width.

I'm praying hard that Honda will issue it tomorrow.

To add to my bucket of things to do and frustrations. I have to go through the inspection centre with all my interior plastic trim and half cage. This means I have to unbolt the half cage, re-insert the plastics and cut through them to allow the half cage to be re-bolted. Something I was hoping I never needed to do.

Despite my frustrations, the excitement and overwhelming support received from my friends regarding my track debut tomorrow is pushing me through. I'm hoping that one day to de-register the car if I receive too much unwanted attention and turn the car to a dedicated track vehicle.
                    Last edited by Norm; 16-10-13, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Looking good Norm! You have a GoPro right? Make sure you get some track footage for us!

Comment

Yeah Norm its frustrating when these things happen.
                        I dont understand the plastic trim having to be installed..
                        I mean there a bloody half cahe in the back... no one will ever sit in the rear now so why is there a need for plastic?
                        And it's not like in the case of an accident the plastic will protect you.

Good luck at your first track day.
                        Take it easy and have fun

Comment

Far out that's frustrating. Cutting off the plastic trim is such a waste

Keep up the hard work Norm!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Manifold looks nice Norm!

On the track width front, you'd be wasting your time getting Rod to bring his car or a statement from Honda Japan, as the track width of the JDM DC5R is nearly identical to the Australian model. The difference in the knuckle and hub are almost completely compensated for by the wheel offset. No matter which way you look at it you're a long way wider than any DC5.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your first track debut norm. Photos!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Good luck with everything Norm, have fun at your first track outing. It will be awesome!
                                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X