No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little update. Installed the polyutherane exhaust hangers from Torque Solutions URL: http://www.torquesolution.com/Exhaus...Kit-s/1240.htm. They are significantly stiffer than the OEM rubber and have little play in them. If your asking whether I feel a difference in the car, the answer is no. They do sit a little bit higher which I now have to visit an exhaust shop to have the hangers modified a little bit lower. The heat from the exhaust will affect the bumper if I leave this unattended.

Comment

Looking good. Saw someone on clubrsx selling these for a steal of a price. Didn't think it would be any different to stock. My mistake haha
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Interesting Norm, I wonder if these hangers will make it:

- Easier / harder to remove and install the exhaust?

- Easier / harder for the hangers to slip off?

Comment

hmm very interesting.. whats the benefit/reasoning to this mod?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            If old hangers are torn. Like mine. Ordering some new from the Honda dealer in jdm land.
            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Very interesting look... Very different!

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                Interesting Norm, I wonder if these hangers will make it:

- Easier / harder to remove and install the exhaust?

- Easier / harder for the hangers to slip off?
                Its harder to remove and install the exhaust because the bushings are quite tight. Its more difficult for the exhaust to slip of the hangers, not that its a common occurrence.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                To be honest, only reason why I picked this hangers is that one of my OEM hangers was slightly torn. I believe the claims of the polyutherane as usual would be, reduced vibrations, prevention from knocking to the sway bar, reduce likelihood of stress fractures from vibrations to the muffler, eliminate excessive play. Thought I will admit, none of which the mentioned reasons are why I bought the hangers. It was purely because the price of the aftermarket one was the same as the Honda OEM one and I needed a replacement.

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                If old hangers are torn. Like mine. Ordering some new from the Honda dealer in jdm land.
                Hit the nail on the hammer there!

Originally posted by dlexuan View Post
                Very interesting look... Very different!
                Thanks dude!

Comment

How are things going with this Norm?
                  All done?

Comment

I can't even. I literally cannot even. I cant even. I have lost my ability to even. I literally can not even. I am so unable to even.

Keep it up man

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                      How are things going with this Norm?
                      All done?
                      I've finished most of the stuff I've wanted to do. Just need to get some brackets fabricated for the side skirts and look at modifying the custom inner guards as there is rubbing. But i'll probably look at another set of 17's rims as I don't believe 18's will do the car any good for track. Other than that, just looking at different k24 setups to see what types of stuff we'll order.

Comment

Haven't got any mod updates yet. Still a few stuff to iron out. Just some pictures at a recent Honda event. Photos are courtesy of Gavin Host Photography and Epidemik Perth.

Comment

That is one insane car! The front shot is amazing.
                          > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Thanks dude! Some additional pics from Gavin Host Photography from the event coverage.

Comment

Norm your car looks amazing
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                                Norm your car looks amazing
                                I concur.
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X