No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received some more parts. Still waiting on the radiator and hoses. Its time to piece the car back together!

Comment

Parts arrived quick.

Comment

Keep it up Norm, intense build got
        More intense =)

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
          Parts arrived quick.
          Yeh. Very good logistics and customer service, as you would know

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          Keep it up Norm, intense build got
          More intense =)
          Thanks mate!

Comment

Just went to the paint shop to get some more parts back. Just a few pics of whats happening. Slowly getting things back to how they were. 1 of the ABS lines was being a pain, we nearly damaged the groove of the ABS unit where 1 of the lines went in, thank goodness we didn't force it in but opt'd to take it back out, clean it, and lubricate it with some brake fluid before attempting again, and success!

Comment

Very cool Norm!

Getting there piece by piece.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Looking good Norm, keep it up!

Comment

Re: Norm - Perth DC5R

Such a boss car Norm, love the girth!! Lol I'm sure you will achieve your goal once it's finished!

Comment

Thanks everybody for the nice comments.

There are a couple things I thought I get off my chest. Buying those rims in that specifications were the worst decision I've ever made. Fair enough it looks big and boss like, but its not practical. If I can, i'll try to offload them through selling, and purchase a more functional set of rims that I can use on track as well. I'd have to look into the new specifications, but I thought I just get that off my chest today.

I'm still waiting on some minor stuff like power steering hose clips to arrive from Japan. I've also realised my left tie rod boot is torn open. I'll have to replace that too. For those who are wondering when is the car drivable, that will have to wait till 26th March as i'm away for work for 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, I''ve received the last of my items. My radiator, hoses and radiator cap.

Norm

Comment

Good update Norm,
                      Practical maybe not, but remember buddy, it's your car and it's what YOU like not anyone else.
                      What sort of wheels are you going to be looking at?
                      I'm assuming light weight wheels so obviously forged.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                        Good update Norm,
                        Practical maybe not, but remember buddy, it's your car and it's what YOU like not anyone else.
                        What sort of wheels are you going to be looking at?
                        I'm assuming light weight wheels so obviously forged.
                        Cheers. Oh i'm not basing my wheels on anyones opinion, just a personal regret. Times change and so do my goals for my car.
                        Probably look into TE37's of 17 by 9inch wheels +22 offset or something. Might even keep these just for show as spare.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                          Cheers. Oh i'm not basing my wheels on anyones opinion, just a personal regret. Times change and so do my goals for my car.
                          Probably look into TE37's of 17 by 9inch wheels +22 offset or something. Might even keep these just for show as spare.

Norm
                          Mmmm Nice. TE37.. mm
                          Just for reference boss, im running 17x9.5 +28 front and i think if memory serves me correctly, 17x8.5 +25 on the rear.
                          The front's fill rather good with no camber.

Comment

Been awhile since I had an update on the progress. I flew back yesterday and got my hands dirty the moment I landed. Spent 7 hrs today and here is where we stand.

We had to change the left tie rod due to the boot lining splitting. Quite an easy process. Just mark the location where it initial was bolted.

I suspect we might have some issues with my auto-tensioner. Its not align as it should be according to the service manual, however I'm no expert, and i'll let you be the judge of that. Replacing the serpentine belt was def challenging with 1 person.

The KOYO radiator and hoses are on. I just need to cut the bottom hose to fit the water temp housing and top up the fluids and we're all good.

All that remains to be done is.
                            - Replace APP brake lines with HEL brake lines
                            - Put new brake fluid and flush lines
                            - Put new clutch fluid and flush
                            - Put new P/S fluid and flush
                            - Put new radiator coolant
                            - Replace all interior parts
                            - Replace windscreen
                            - Glue rear quarter panel window
                            - Install half cage
                            - Custom guard fabrication
                            - Final cut and buff including minor bodywork touch up
                            - Wheel alignment

And we should be done

Comment

So glad to see progress! Good work on the car today. So excitement.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Wow car is looking amazing norm. Almost there. Cant wait till you have it running
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X