Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
    Looks like you hacked your A/C off in the same place I did.

Just grab the wiring loom and move it all over to the right, you won't need to touch it until you are plugging it all back in.

Also... pulling everything part took longer then putting it back together for my build... just because while we were taking it apart, we kept finding things that needed replacing (Clutch, mounts, plugs etc)
    Do you mean radiator hose?? It was an absolute pain, and probably the hardest thing to take off.

Comment

I've had to occupy spaces I've never occupied before. Quick question guys, does Honda Service Parts sell small stuff like the clips and stuff? The ones like attach on and have a side zip tie on the end. I've broken a couple.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Unbolt the headers, and engine is going to come out!

Comment

^ i guess you wont be showering for the next couple days lol

Comment

That's gold Norm! I guess you do what you gotta do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so much epicness!!
            S2000
            WSID : TBA
            Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
              ^ i guess you wont be showering for the next couple days lol
              I have a second bathroom so all good. That one has been vacant since we bought it as I was thinking of renovating it.

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
              That's gold Norm! I guess you do what you gotta do.

No other space =/ Small villa lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Flippit View Post
              so much epicness!!
              Its definitely a great way to learn about your car. I've learnt so much already. All the sensors, where they go, where they are mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                Do you mean radiator hose?? It was an absolute pain, and probably the hardest thing to take off.
                Top of the picture, near the middle. There is a silver solid pipe that comes out of the fire wall. That's for your air con... and that's what I was talking about.

I didn't have any problems with mine. If you are talking about the connectors I think you are talking about, use needle nosed pliers to bend the metal tabs together, and just give them a shake back and forth.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                I've had to occupy spaces I've never occupied before. Quick question guys, does Honda Service Parts sell small stuff like the clips and stuff? The ones like attach on and have a side zip tie on the end. I've broken a couple.
                Yes. If you can find an exploded diagram and either give them a part number or show them what you need on the diagram, it helps out a heap.

If you go in there and say "Hey, I need a clip in the engine bay...", they'll have no idea.

Comment

Top of the picture, near the middle. There is a silver solid pipe that comes out of the fire wall. That's for your air con... and that's what I was talking about.

I didn't have any problems with mine. If you are talking about the connectors I think you are talking about, use needle nosed pliers to bend the metal tabs together, and just give them a shake back and forth.

Yes. If you can find an exploded diagram and either give them a part number or show them what you need on the diagram, it helps out a heap.

If you go in there and say "Hey, I need a clip in the engine bay...", they'll have no idea.

Yeh all good. A friend just brief'd me that they do sell it. I've bee keeping a track of the ones i've broke haha. Yeh A/C vacuum lines..mmh....still trying to find a way to remove them. I'll deal with it once I've taken the engine out. Did you remove yours from the bottom or the top?

Norm

Comment

Very very impressive Norm, Looking good mate
                    Keep it up

Comment

Attempted to take the engine out today. Encountered abit of problem with the driveshafts. Always remember, use the right tools for the right job! Wasted an hour trying to undo this bolt hold the right sided driveshaft. These two tools were vital to the operation of taking off the driveshafts without detaching the brakelines and hub off.

Progress throughout!

We had to call it a day. Tomorrow the engine will be out for sure! Then the easy stuff!

Wishing I had a car hoist. The next to buy on my list is definitely a compressor and a rachet gun!

Comment

Love your dedication! Gonna be an awesome ride. Can't wait to see it finished.
                        Keep up the good work Norm.

Comment

Norm, love that shot of the SR4's in the shower/bathroom!

Good luck man!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

So the engine it out! Just quick question. How do we stop the fuel from coming out of the piping? At the moment i've got it wrapped and elevated. Its still managing to seep through.

Comment

Have you disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail?

I put my fuel lines in a cup, and it just stopped.

As for A/C, I removed the pipe going to the condenser, and just cut the otherside off. You won't be able to fit the DC5 pipe if you are running the RBC on the K24. The EP3 pipe runs behind the engine if you want to keep aircon.

also, do you have the CRV driverside mount?

Comment

Great progress Norm! You're putting my CR-X to shame . The fuel will stop leaking eventually.

Have you disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail?

I put my fuel lines in a cup, and it just stopped.

As for A/C, I removed the pipe going to the condenser, and just cut the otherside off. You won't be able to fit the DC5 pipe if you are running the RBC on the K24. The EP3 pipe runs behind the engine if you want to keep aircon.

also, do you have the CRV driverside mount?
                                Mugsee could confirm, but the stock AC hoses fit fine on his car with a K24 with RBC.

Comment

Working...
                                X