X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuckkk this is actually incredible!!
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
      Wow... you took the entire front end off... I didn't even remove the radiator!

Hope you are changing that intake manifold. Let me know when you need a hand and I'll run through a few things with you!

I will be using my RRC intake manifold. It will be a k20 top and k24 bottom end. I wont be transplanting the whole k24 in. At this stage I've still got alot of questions, and will need to do my own research. You mentioned in your build blog, that you have the tsx manual? Would you be so kind to somehow forward it to me. I'm not sure whether its possible by email as there is a limit on attachments but you could try. My email is normy_@hotmail.com.

But Robi, when the time comes i'll give you a message. I still need to take the engine out of the donor car and put the engine on a stand a strip it. I will most likely be rebuilding all the internals.

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
      fuckkk this is actually incredible!!
      Yeh it is . My partner and I have agreed that we will be keeping the car for awhile and hence why we considered building an engine when the time my k20 fails (Even though it has very little km's on it atm, the DC5 will turn into my daily one day)

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        I will be using my RRC intake manifold. It will be a k20 top and k24 bottom end. I wont be transplanting the whole k24 in. At this stage I've still got alot of questions, and will need to do my own research. You mentioned in your build blog, that you have the tsx manual? Would you be so kind to somehow forward it to me. I'm not sure whether its possible by email as there is a limit on attachments but you could try. My email is normy_@hotmail.com.

But Robi, when the time comes i'll give you a message. I still need to take the engine out of the donor car and put the engine on a stand a strip it. I will most likely be rebuilding all the internals.

Norm
        Hi Norm,

I've sent you an email with all the paper work I had from my build. It includes:
        - RSX manuals
        - TSX manuals
        - Parts needed for putting a K24 into a DC5.

If you've got any questions, let me know.
        Last edited by 45SET; 24-06-12, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hey Robbi, do you think you can send me the same email? I'm thinking along the same lines as Norm with the swap.

"My life is better than your holiday"

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
            Hey Robbi, do you think you can send me the same email? I'm thinking along the same lines as Norm with the swap.
            What's your email and I'll forward it on.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              What's your email and I'll forward it on.

Thanks
              Should just post it up on a technical thread =P for future reference

Comment

Originally posted by tamtam View Post
                Should just post it up on a technical thread =P for future reference
                DONE!

Comment

Comment

Rims have arrived and have been picked up by my good friend!

Specs. Work Kiwami - Matt Black, 18inch 10.5 width +23 offset. And Alex, I do have a sweet spot for the cr-kai design, but these are alot more concave and aggressive than my original ones. Weight is 10.3kg's from a 22.8 lbs conversion.

More info can be found on http://www.work-wheels.net/products/...=7&Item_id=126
                    Last edited by Norm; 15-07-12, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Kiwami's are so nice, and I am assuming 10.5 width, since it says 0.5 width ? What are your tyre specs you gonna run and what tyres ?
                      Last edited by Norm; 15-07-12, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                        Kiwami's are so nice, and I am assuming 10.5 width, since it says 0.5 width ? What are your tyre specs you gonna run and what tyres ?
                        Yeh its meant to say 10.5, thanks for picking up the typo. The tyres will be the Toyo R1R's, and they will be 265/35/18's. It was something I could get less than 1k through tirerack.com even though I did opt to get the AD08's but got told they can't sell any Yoko's to Aus. Its just something to spirited driving and occasional tuning day in the meantime. I haven't decided whether I want to go all out and push it to its limits on a track. The maintenance is not cheap.

Comment

Wow I've never seen those before. The concave is epic!

Comment

excellent choice
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

take some pictures of them on the car please ! =O

Comment

Originally posted by teggy View Post
                                take some pictures of them on the car please ! =O
                                When I get back in Perth!

Comment

Working...
                                X