No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some seriously ultra wide angles there Norm !

Comment

Wasn't my camera haha! I dont take any photos, theese are Dadar's photos from the forum.fn2r.com.au forum haha!

Comment

Ok the spoon throttle body came. Bolted it up and stuff fine using lukits01 P2R 67mm spacer. PS. lukits01, i'll return you a brand new karcepts one when mine arrives.
        Also we got a custom battery tie down made up for the catch can and battery at Cypher yesterday. We didn't put a hose from the outlet of the catch can back to the GruppeM intake. We opt'd to put a breather on the end instead.

A comparison of the throttle bodies though, the Spoon large venturi 70mm throttle body has an outer diameter of 70mm in comparison to the 67mm OEM TB. However the internal diameter is the same. A friend of mine who did a dyno comparison of the Spoon 70mm throttle body and OEM throttle body showed a difference of 5-7 bhp just from changing throttle bodies. I'll try to obtain a dyno graph to prove this theory.

Also, had a chat with the hybrid racing technicians. They are extremely prompt in replying all problems I had with the throttle body. I will be sending them back this throttle body and letting them investigate it thoroughly. Next post i'll be putting up reviews for the throttle bodies and hopefully by then I'll get some engine mounts. Note, I realised haspot 62a mounts dont include a front transmission mount. I decided to buy a 60a Innovative transmission mount. Abit of matching i suppose .

And the BIGGEST Update. Got offer of acceptance for the house we're buying! At last a place to put the car. And Rod, its in East Vic Park, so it will be closer to drive to your house at least.

Norm

Comment

lol east vic park, how convenient haha
          no rush on the RRC adapter, I'm happy that it's proven to work.

Comment

Vic Park is close !
            We have good industrial area spots for our photoshoot in Canning Vale but it'd have to be on a sunday when noone is working

Comment

Update - Just received my Hasport 62a mounts and my Innovative 60a front mount.

Keen to see how these feel.

Comment

Lol.... Prepare to vibrate....lol

Comment

Already warned the girlfriend. Fingers cross its not too much that I can't even look into the side mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Already warned the girlfriend. Fingers cross its not too much that I can't even look into the side mirrors.
                    I've got the same mounts, except the front one. You'll be able to look into your side mirrors no problems at all. Your rear view mirror might vibrate a bit though.

Comment

Nice pick up Norm. Where did u order yours from?

Upgraded mounts is a bare neccesity for a modded dc5!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
                        I've got the same mounts, except the front one. You'll be able to look into your side mirrors no problems at all. Your rear view mirror might vibrate a bit though.
                        Cool!..

And Alex, I got them from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cheapest I could find.

Comment

Just had a tuning session today. Good way to test out my setup and also the new hasport + innovative mounts. Quite interesting considering its my first time on track and learning my car properly. I was quite fortunate a friend with the same car had similiar modifications to mine came for the tuning day, and I had the honour of driving his car around the track too. Several things that became quite apparent driving his car.
                          1. His handling is better than mine
                          2. His steering is much more responsive
                          3. His car seems to climb revs easier

The reasons being is that he had an aftermarket roll centre adjuster, inverted tie rods and also his ride height from the front was at least 2 fingers gap. Also his exhaust was more free flowing than my restricted mugen twinloop. I felt heaviness in steering as almost the reaction was dull. We came to the conclusion that it was due to my ride height causing all the other geometry issues. We both had the same alignment settings of around -2.5 camber front -2 rear and 0 toe all round. Also his tyres were much better than mine AD008's i think or 048's will find out. But nonetheless both our cars performed quite similar in terms of power. He definitely noticed my cars responsiveness with the mounts at high rpm.

In the meantime, I might change my mind in upgrading to a 5.1 FD as the cabin noise at 3,000rpm 100km/h speed is quite loud already, and I can only imagine how much my gf will complain at 3.5k rpm.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            Just had a tuning session today. Good way to test out my setup and also the new hasport + innovative mounts. Quite interesting considering its my first time on track and learning my car properly. I was quite fortunate a friend with the same car had similiar modifications to mine came for the tuning day, and I had the honour of driving his car around the track too. Several things that became quite apparent driving his car.
                            1. His handling is better than mine
                            2. His steering is much more responsive
                            3. His car seems to climb revs easier

The reasons being is that he had an aftermarket roll centre adjuster, inverted tie rods and also his ride height from the front was at least 2 fingers gap. Also his exhaust was more free flowing than my restricted mugen twinloop. I felt heaviness in steering as almost the reaction was dull. We came to the conclusion that it was due to my ride height causing all the other geometry issues. We both had the same alignment settings of around -2.5 camber front -2 rear and 0 toe all round. Also his tyres were much better than mine AD008's i think or 048's will find out. But nonetheless both our cars performed quite similar in terms of power. He definitely noticed my cars responsiveness with the mounts at high rpm.

In the meantime, I might change my mind in upgrading to a 5.1 FD as the cabin noise at 3,000rpm 100km/h speed is quite loud already, and I can only imagine how much my gf will complain at 3.5k rpm.

Norm
                            Which tuning day was that ? MC Motorsport ?

Comment

What about your car Norm? Did you have fun ? As long as im enjoying driving my car with no worries about police, im happy as!

Whats next for your beast? Parts for sussy or more seat time?
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

^^ Thats the exact reason i raised my car 20mm, i have about 2 fingers gap front and rear and the steering response is miles better, Car feels firmer now as well int terms of roll etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X