No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooo...thanks for that piece of advice Ed...can other people share some light on this area as well regarding these wheel spacers? By the way, Ed when are you free for me to bring the car over? I've been just busy working, working and working.

I'm also dying to see the GruppeM box arriving at my door step and have the postman awaiting my signature...baaah!!..

Update 17/ 6/2010 - Put deposit down on Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust

Comment

haven't got personal experience with a spacer so i'm not sure what use my opinion is.

But anyway lots of people run spacers...H&R are a good brand for them too.
      People run them like you, to change appearance, others run them to give more inner clearance for the wheels for better fitment, others need the brake caliper clearance.
      I think it would be fine.
      Suppose to be some slight stress on the axel or something due to the more outer posistion of the wheel but running a lower offset would probably have the same effect, and pretty sure its a negligible amount of stress anyway.
      I wouldn't worry about it

edit: wouldn't not would

Comment

yes, dangerous if tracking with spacers and its a no no. however, ordinary driving is fine. They are engineered for a reason and i wouldnt have any doubt as long as u are sensible with your driving.

also looking forward to ur intake + exhaust. will be maddd
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

lowie - you do have a point there. Cheers for that

jj17 - Yeh...wont be tracking..well not untill I get more things done. Yep i'm excited too...for the intake and exhaust.

But the exhaust wont be put on untill we get some toda headers and a cat unfortunatly. And that is going to have to wait for a 2 months maybe.

Comment

GruppeM?? geez man, u def made of money!! haha that thing is dam expensive!
            i think i'm free for lunch 2mrw if your not busy? u've got my number, just let me no

Comment

Why won't the exhuast be getting put on until you get the TODA?

Comment

i thought i heard someone say that the mugen twin loop exhaust wont fit well with the OEM Aus Headers and Cat. Unless someone can correct me and tell me i'm wrong.

Comment

i am have the same parts as you here, Ms intake + mugen twinloop, but i might not upgrade to toda headers as orginially planned.

and here is the link that contains some info might be handy for above question.
                  http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=7048

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                    Why won't the exhuast be getting put on until you get the TODA?
                    for the reason that R123 mentioned in http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=7048

The angle of the Aus OEM Cat/Headers requires B-pipe. Plus I can wait till i get the toda headers and just make it fit perfectly.

Just out of curiousity though, what are the spec differences between Aus OEM sway bar and EP3 sway bar? ...is it jus the distance that the header sits on the bar that its more wider, hence allowing aftermarket headers to be cleared?

Comment

Not too sure about that fellow. I couldn't tell the difference between fitment of my Amuse exhaust when attached to a Toda header or the stock AUDM header. Fitment seemed nearly identical, the exhaust still hangs quite low and scrapes on everything. Just don't expect the twin loop in combination with the Toda manifold to fit perfectly and have magical ground clearance .

You are right about the EP3R sway bar, the hump in the bar for header clearance is much wider and taller allowing all the JDM headers to fit with room to spare .

Comment

Eeeks. Thanks for the ChargeR, i've reverted back to stock suspension in the meantime and hopefully it the exhaust wont be scraping anytime soon. Will work on suspension when the time comes. Awesomeness about the EP3R sway bar then. I just need to get in contact with Toda to get some qoutes and hopefully in a couple of months time we'll get our hands on a toda header + hi flow cat and EP3R sway bar .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          Not too sure about that fellow. I couldn't tell the difference between fitment of my Amuse exhaust when attached to a Toda header or the stock AUDM header. Fitment seemed nearly identical, the exhaust still hangs quite low and scrapes on everything. Just don't expect the twin loop in combination with the Toda manifold to fit perfectly and have magical ground clearance .
                          In defence of the header, there is a difference between cat back systems in the way that they hang after the header.
                          The Mugen does sit a little higher than the Amuse system...
                          Be that behind a stock header or a TODA header but we're only talking about 1cm....
                          But then IMO, all lowered DC5's are pretty sad when it comes to ground clearence for the exhaust...
                          TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                          TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                          Official Australian Distributors
                          Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

i think i saw this car @ burswood honda this morning???

Comment

Yeh. I was driving with a mechanic in the car trying to find out this weird noise from the front left. Didn't even show that darn noise. Oh well..he said it might be temperature related or stress on the chasis or welds because of previous performance suspension. I'm hoping to find it in the future.

Update - Picked up my mugen twin loop exhaust. Now to wait for the toda headers and buy new header gasket and exhaust gasket and we're set.

GruppeM - Due to arrive sometime soon.

Yesterday arrived my Front Mugen Strut Bar. Def looking forward to putting it on. The welds on the ends look awesome.

Comment

man norm... ur spending heaps!!
                                bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Working...
                                X