No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mm good read thanks. 30mm isnt much.. and im sitting on 2 finger gap which i believe is more or less around 30mm drop. One thing tho, hopefully street aggressive driving wont be enough to wear them out too quickly.
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
      mm good read thanks. 30mm isnt much.. and im sitting on 2 finger gap which i believe is more or less around 30mm drop. One thing tho, hopefully street aggressive driving wont be enough to wear them out too quickly.
      easy way to check is see if your LCA is parrallel to the ground or the outermost point is pointing up, if this is the cae you will definitely benefit from RCA. Ideally we want the outermost point to be lower than the rest of the arm, youhave probably already read all the debated points regarding this in the thread

I doubt street driving of any sort will damage the ball joint, only hardcore track guys replace their ball joints about once a season i think. Either way
      it would be good to get some solid evidence regarding this once i get them installed. Having a low car and softish spring rates exagerates the need for RCA's, i can really feel the increased roll with my softish current rates so i am hoping that with my new suspension i will get a much more solid front end.

Comment

yea i know exactly how u feel...

anyways thanks again for the info and ill keep trolling here to look for updates when u get them in.
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
          1. Digital slim 55w 6000k HID kit
          2. Yellow Fog lamps from ClubRSX
          3. 4 x T10 white leds to replace parker and license plate bulbs

I am still awaiting an OEM fog light switch as well so i will try to wire the HID tomorrow and mount the Fog lights for now until i DIY the harness to connect to the OEM switch. Should look a bit better than the 1 headlamp i have working atm

I also should have my suspension quest coming to an end soon as i finalise a few details with the setup i am currently focusing on, all should work out very well albeit a bit more than i intended to spend...........
          hey stevan, how much u pay for these? they look great how they holding up for you so far?

thinking of grabbing just the HID kid and leds (don't want fog lamps - is it even possible to install foggies with injen?)

Comment

I have injen with fog lights. No dramas here. There filter is exposed on the bottom of the front bumper so definiately cool air is going
            Into the take and for some people water unfortunately.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
              hey stevan, how much u pay for these? they look great how they holding up for you so far?

thinking of grabbing just the HID kid and leds (don't want fog lamps - is it even possible to install foggies with injen?)
              Hey mate the lights are still as good as when i first installed them, the headlights are changing colour to their true colour now as i am close to 100hrs operation with them. Alex has lamps and an injen on his car so his opinion would be accurate.

I paid $310 shipped for everything but that included fog lights which was $69 and was a bit extra in shipping, i also bought their most expensive kit. You should be able to get the slim HID and leds shipped for about $220, PM Todd from Retrosolutions on ClubRSX and he will give you an accurate price.

Comment

Understood, thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  I have injen with fog lights. No dramas here. There filter is exposed on the bottom of the front bumper so definiately cool air is going
                  Into the take and for some people water unfortunately.
                  speaking of water in the Intake, i hate driving in the rain... i can feel the injen struggle to get air in when its damp from puddles... anyone know a way to stop this from happening? feels like the car is struggling when this happens

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                    speaking of water in the Intake, i hate driving in the rain... i can feel the injen struggle to get air in when its damp from puddles... anyone know a way to stop this from happening? feels like the car is struggling when this happens
                    get a gruppeM Im glad i forked out for it especially when its bucketing down

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                      get a gruppeM Im glad i forked out for it especially when its bucketing down
                      ahhaa, i mremebr driving around ur area one nightstevie, and it was pouring.. so scared!

Timmy; even when it sraining, i avoid all puddles!

have u considered gettinga hydro shield?

i bought one
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

UPDATE - 10/04/11

Ok guys this coming week i should receive my Wavetrac LSD and Exedy Sports organic clutch via USPS, I also picked up a JDM flywheel (4.7kg) to install at the same time to replace the oem one (7kg). Because i drive my car quite often i figured that the JDM flywheel would make a significant enough difference whilst not being as un-daily friendly as an ultra lightweight alternative.

All the transmission work will be done at Toda Racing, their new workshop is much closer to where i live and their work is top notch so this was a no brainer.

On other good news my suspension is on schedule to be shipped out from AST on the 14th of this month so i should see those arrive here before then end of the month to be installed with my RCA's and PCI bearings. I will keep this thread updated when the parts all arrive and the installations are complete.

Comment

Seems everything are according to plan Steve looking foward to your future reports of how those mods coming together. It sounded like its going to be a car of great respose and handling!!! Good on you

Comment

Wodner how much Toda quoted you for replacing LSD and flywheel and Clutch ?? Are you going to take a look at your synchro and maybe do a maintanence replacement of those too??

Comment

Originally posted by edfung81 View Post
                              Wodner how much Toda quoted you for replacing LSD and flywheel and Clutch ?? Are you going to take a look at your synchro and maybe do a maintanence replacement of those too??
                              Thanks for the compliments mate, i certainly hope all these changes will justify the cost

Toda are only installing everything, they are supplying diff bearings and gearbox oil and i will be providing everything else, it wont be cheap I guess Adrian will have a quick look at the box internals when it is open, i do not plan on touching anything but if there is something he believes need addressing then i will re-evaluate it.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                ahhaa, i mremebr driving around ur area one nightstevie, and it was pouring.. so scared!

Timmy; even when it sraining, i avoid all puddles!

have u considered gettinga hydro shield?

i bought one
                                Hydro shields do shit all

Comment

Working...
                                X