M@lew's DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on new PB Matt...
    Is it me or those your c/f lip leave a little gap between the bumper and lip in the centre?
    Is it possible that this may be hindering you ever so slightly?

Comment

makes me wanna do that facelift ! very nice with the lip but is that the wrx lip??

Comment

I want that wing! So mirin ...

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
          Jeez sounds like you worked very hard for that PB Matt!! Nice work on getting into the 30's, especially on destroyed tyres
          Thanks! On the plus side with semi's I don't think the grip deteriorates too much, I was just worried about the ripping and the tyre blowing on me!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          I'm impressed you did so much work on the track day too.. swapping things around, raising suspension, etc.

Well done on the PB.
          Thanks boss! Desperate times, didn't want to walk away without a PB.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          wow, that is a big wing, she must be fast
          interested to know more about those feel's camber tops? havn't seen them before and look like a good option to remove the chance of slipage that seems to happen to the adjustable types
          I don't know "too" much about them, but I think they're set to about -3.5 - 4 camber from what I've been setting my car to. Having set camber tops definitely takes away the worry about slipping tops. I do have Noltec tops here though, maybe I"ll see how those compare.

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
          My flywheel didn't fall off!
          Just the ring gear

BTW, your car is low as fk.
          Driving past you on the hume, I was hella impressed.

P.S. As per my FB post, congrats Mr. 39..
          I'll get you one day..
          Haha ty this guy! Maybe I need moar lows to get you more impressed You'll be faster then me soon at the rate you're going!

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          Absolutely love the stance of the car Matt! I'm a big fan of the facelift and hence why I went for it. The front lip is also an extra touch. May I ask is it the same custom front splitter/lip or is it a different one? Also great work on the track.

May I ask a second opinion to how your 5100 AST coilovers feel? I was planning on getting them too.

Norm
          This is the v-lip most people are putting on their DC5s at the moment, but in carbon. Not sure how functional it is though but at least it looks pretty!

The coils overs feel very nice, a lot stiffer than what I used to have but I'm still experimenting with settings. I could have stiffened the fronts up a bit for this track day but I didn't get around to doing it.

Definitely hits hard though when you touch ripples, bumps etc. My rear view mirror and go pro just end up pointing down whenever that happens.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          You're welcome Matt. Congrats once again on getting into the 1:30's. Pretty much legendary status now. I have a long way to go to catch up to you!
          As if, look at your time! *cough cough*

Originally posted by se7en View Post
          Good work Matt!!!
          When are you going to be at track aye! Sure to impress.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
          sexy track spec
          Trying to track down a track-only front bar now so make it even more track spec! That and the fact I'm always so scared of damaging my OEM bumper since it costs an arm and a leg.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          Congrats on new PB Matt...
          Is it me or those your c/f lip leave a little gap between the bumper and lip in the centre?
          Is it possible that this may be hindering you ever so slightly?
          Thanks, yeah there's a small gap there which I'll get around to fixing up...one day. I'm not sure if it would hinder the car "that" much, since you'll need to seal the whole front to make it functional.

I think if I extended the base of the lip to be flatter / cover more of the car then the gap would have definitely affected performance.

Originally posted by teggy View Post
          makes me wanna do that facelift ! very nice with the lip but is that the wrx lip??
          Sure is

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
          I want that wing! So mirin ...
          Makes you fly.

Comment

car looks nice, Matt.

that new stand surely is tall hahahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by white_r View Post
              car looks nice, Matt.

Baddddd
              Matt, where did u end up getting the new stands made?

Comment

Originally posted by white_r View Post
                car looks nice, Matt.

Thanks man your car looking good too. We're pretty much twins! Need a photo shoot.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                Baddddd
                Matt, where did u end up getting the new stands made?
                They were custom made by carbonplus as we're mucking around with different fits etc. Pretty much made a larger version of my "stock" stands and tested it it will fit. Still a couple of small fitment things but overall pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  Thanks man your car looking good too. We're pretty much twins! Need a photo shoot.
                  yeah, lets do it

just let me know when.

Comment

as if not update us with the new mods............

Comment

wow nice

Comment

So with H Nationals coming up, it was time to get cracking.

A good service was needed, did engine oil and brakes and gearbox. Thanks to Autosphere for the fluids and awesome service!

Also my semi's had been eaten up over the last year, went and got some new ones from Trackside.
                        Charger approved specs and mis-matched rims now since it's more cost effective to do this than buy more rims in the same specs that look the same.

I decided to go to Winton for the Tampered Labour Day Trackday just to shake the car down and remind myself how to drive.

On the way, my car decided it wanted me to flush my clutch fluid too and blew up my Clutch Master Cylinder. Luckily we hadn't got onto the Hume Hwy yet up to Winton and we were only 20 minutes from home.

Thanks to Dnapol for having a spare CMC in his wreck and everyone helping to get it installed and flushed in the train station car park. (and those on the phone walking us through!)

Lucky this was the night before so instead of arriving at Winton at 10pm, we arrived at 2:30am. Still managed to get a bit of shut-eye.

Write up of Tampered and more H National prep to come! (When I take photos and actually get around to doing it)

Comment

I like where this is going dude. Lucky the cmc gave out on the road and not on the track. Would've been a day ender.
                          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

The dreaded CMC failure... seems to be a common problme nowadays!

Make sure you check your oil levels during your track days!
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

You got the lip back on

Comment

Awesome! Love services! Makes the car feel all the closer to brand new! I'm still a little bit frustrated on not being able to source out two nuts (not spaces) for the face-lift 05-06 red honda badge =/

Comment

Working...
                                X