No announcement yet.

M@lew's DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay as is to what lip u have now, or just thestock type s bumper????
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

As in the lip I have now. I want to get another lip though like Mugen, P1 in the future

Comment

Im not a fan of the P1 matt, the mugen lip is really simple. I reckon the lip u have right now is perfect.. Perhaps looking at the a spec frot lip otherwise known as honda modulo in japan. And i think ur lip/a spec/fl bumper/foggies is a winning combo!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Yeah the a-spec is what I've been looking at and getting quotes for. At the moment though it's not really cheap / justifiable to get, when shipping costs more than the lip itself.

Comment

Matty I was looking for the a-spec lip too but couldn't find any1 to ship it! Looks pretty effective with v-lip that you've got! If not go the mugen.. Can't go wrong!
            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Lol, the chase seems to be intense in trying to get that lip. I don't even friggin own a DC5, let alone have a facelift conversion, yet I'm also trying to get my hands on that a-spec front lip.
              Its also know as Honda Access front lip.

Comment

What’s new? (Thanks to those for supplying pics!)

Picked up some nice AST 5100 coils from Stevan when I was in Sydney to replace my BC BR Coils.

AST 5100 Monotube Dampers

10kg SWIFT springs, 16kg rear AST

Feels fixed camber mounts

Attended the Tampered day in Sept on street tyres to get back into track rhythm. Wasn’t too bad, ended up in a group of mates which is always fun. A couple of crashes and a blown engine, flywheel falling off and puncture is about all the drama from the day. No pics unfortunately.

Then came the taller wing! The bigger your spoiler, the faster the car no?

EXE Track Day 21-10-2012

On Sunday attended the EXE track day. PB’s are usually broken on efficient days like these and it was a good chance to test my new coils and use my A050s for the last time. (Last stretch)

Had my alignment at Techsport the week before and went for 0 toe all around with -4.2 camber at the front and -4.5 at the rear. Car was too low at the rear and needed more camber to not scrub / accidently flare the guards, but definitely too much.

First session with a passenger managed to do a 1:40.93. This gave me a bit of confidence that I might be able to break my PB on the day.

Session 1

1:58.7750
                1:57.8600
                1:45.3960
                1:44.2590
                2:04.6320
                1:53.1740
                1:40.9310

The next few sessions I wasn’t coming close. I had spun out (for the first time in a while) on turn one and as I would usually try and carry quite a bit of speed into the corner the spin made me lose a bit of confidence.

Session 2

2:01.3320
                1:44.1820
                1:48.5920
                1:41.8700
                1:54.4930
                1:41.2110
                1:59.7360

Session 3

2:11.5530
                1:42.8240
                1:40.9520
                1:40.3660
                1:56.8060
                1:40.8010

By now my tyres were looking like full slicks, so I decided to go out for a few hot laps and come in before we try a new tactic. 0.03 seconds off.

Session 4

2:07.6960
                1:40.4000
                2:04.1040
                1:40.0450

We decided that my car was too low at the rear so we raised it up about 1.5cm. Peter (eskimo_firefighter) had retired for the day and kindly offered to lend me his JDM rear sway, to replace my AUDM sway. Went out for a test, car felt good and turn in under hard braking was less twitchy. Still no PB.

Front tyres had been ripped to the bare so had to swap them on to the rear.

Session 5

1:55.4850
                1:40.8020
                1:42.4140
                1:40.5280
                1:52.5980
                1:40.1140

Then came the last session. PB hadn’t been broken and it was do or die (Although Vincent / Temp hated this comment) Went out and hit as many corners as I could and only did 1 cool down lap, but upon pulling into the pits I was told that I broke it!

Might not be a lot (0.04) but at least I am in the 1:30’s now!

Session 6

1:53.4160
                1:40.6630
                1:39.9720
                1:40.3470
                1:54.7950
                1:42.0360

Overall it was a satisfying way to end the day. With a bit more fine tuning I can hopefully catch Mr Legendary a.k.a Tom so he can bring his other OTHER red car out from hibernation. Thanks to EXE for running the day and supportive mates on the day!

That’s probably it for the car for the year, need to check a few things and going Thailand in a month. Ladyboys all round!

Last edited by M@lew; 24-10-12, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Jeez sounds like you worked very hard for that PB Matt!! Nice work on getting into the 30's, especially on destroyed tyres

Comment

I'm impressed you did so much work on the track day too.. swapping things around, raising suspension, etc.

Well done on the PB.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

wow, that is a big wing, she must be fast
                      interested to know more about those feel's camber tops? havn't seen them before and look like a good option to remove the chance of slipage that seems to happen to the adjustable types
                      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

My flywheel didn't fall off!
                        Just the ring gear

BTW, your car is low as fk.
                        Driving past you on the hume, I was hella impressed.

P.S. As per my FB post, congrats Mr. 39..
                        I'll get you one day..
                        Last edited by tRipitaka; 24-10-12, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Absolutely love the stance of the car Matt! I'm a big fan of the facelift and hence why I went for it. The front lip is also an extra touch. May I ask is it the same custom front splitter/lip or is it a different one? Also great work on the track.

May I ask a second opinion to how your 5100 AST coilovers feel? I was planning on getting them too.

Norm

Comment

You're welcome Matt. Congrats once again on getting into the 1:30's. Pretty much legendary status now. I have a long way to go to catch up to you!
                            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Good work Matt!!!

Comment

sexy track spec

Comment

Working...
                                X