No announcement yet.

weekend DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are direct replacements, 5". I dont wantto put a sub/amp in the car, I want to keep it all looking original, still have the standard tape deck and 6 stacker in the boot. I dont care about doof doof, I just wanted some good quallity replacement speaers with good clarity.

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Originally posted by on boost View Post
      if honda thought the car would be faster if it was lower, they would have made it lower
      No they wouldn't have. They made it cos it's a mass production car and had to appeal to majority of the population as being slightly practical.

Also, OEM rear strut does nothing, and C-pillar bars do nothing at all.
      It's a clean car, but it's stock right?

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

i think you've completely missed the point..

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          No they wouldn't have. They made it cos it's a mass production car and had to appeal to majority of the population as being slightly practical.

i see your point man, but some people gett crazy wood for clean stock cars.
          i for one would like to see a bit more coilover, camber arms, flush wheels. but each to their own. +1 for nice clean R

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post

Interesting, when I put my spoon rear strut on, i noticed the difference straight away in the cabin. You could feel so much more bumps in the road and less creaking. it felt much firmer.

Without it now, it might be pyschological, but the rear feels so much more sloppy.

As for bigbadbeau, i used to love crazy modded cars with rims, suspension, all sorts of bits n pieces. Being older now, I cbfed modding, i just like to drive the thing, and enjoy it. I have coils but they sit pretty high, ~ 0.7" - 1.0" lower from stock.
            Last edited by SpecJ; 06-03-10, 09:45 AM.

Comment

nice nice

impressed.

what camera phone?
              Blaze Orange

Comment

I just dont see the point in spending money on trying to improve something that honda have spent millions of dollars and hours on, when it would cost stupid amounts of money to make my car go a couple seconds faster around the track. I could probably shave a couple seconds off just by practicing.

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                nice nice

impressed.

what camera phone?
                Samsung innov8. sometimes the photos are very noisey tho because i cbf setting the iso.

Comment

Went to the beach last weekend, there is a little fish and chip shop there that does deep fried mars bars.

gf and car having a face off

This finally arrived from japan, been waiting 4 weeks. any guess what it is?

The instructions were in japanese, so that didn't help at all

should be able to run flat 12's now
                  Last edited by on boost; 13-03-10, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Deep fried mars bars looks heckers.. You should have asked them to deep fry your big yellow banana.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

lol

Comment

Oi he should change his thread title to everyday DC2R now.. Seeing as he sold of his daily..

Guess i'm lucky. Have my gf's car as a daily and only take the DC2R out when I want to....

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

is it possible to change thread title?

Comment

whats in the Js box?
                            and where abouts did u get ur focal speakers from i like the built in two way wats the audio like from them? and if u dont mind me asking... Price??

Comment

the spoon brace was in the box. came from jdm concept, must have repackaged it.

The focal speakers are great. Obviously not much doof as they are only 5" and the rest of the stereo is stock but the clarity is fantastic. They cost me $179 a pair (trade). Got them from maroochy car sound. The tweeters are on an angle and you can rotate them to point where you want.

Comment

thats awesome!! do they make them in a 6.5" ? very cool!
                                i plan on upgrading my front speakers very soon!
                                bump for a NICE clean teggie too!

Comment

Working...
                                X