No announcement yet.

Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The looks beautiful and well done on the time!

Norm

Comment

Good job on the time man! Was a great event

How did the transmission oils hold up on you?
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
        I got some new wheels and tyres so had to spend some time making them fit...

hmmmm, just a little bit of poke there.

amazing wheel setup dude. I don't see the bigger up front option too often on anything FWD, but I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
          Lastly, a massive thanks goes out to Chager who helped with the preparation and ingenius wheel setup recommendations for the car! The car would have been extremely underprepared without your help. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
            Great stuff man.
            The car looks so mean into that corner.
            Originally posted by M@lew View Post
            The nemesis gets faster!

Next time we have to swap positions, I'll chase you!

Good work on the time, especially with all the running around organising the day!

You didn't call you that you put your awesome wing back on though, I reckon that's one of the PB factors
            Originally posted by Norm View Post
            The looks beautiful and well done on the time!

Norm
            Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
            hmmmm, just a little bit of poke there.

amazing wheel setup dude. I don't see the bigger up front option too often on anything FWD, but I like it!
            Thanks nemesis and other guys.

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
            Good job on the time man! Was a great event

How did the transmission oils hold up on you?
            Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            Nice work on the new PB Mugsee. Loving the new wheel setup! And once again thanks for your effort for organizing such an epic track day.

How did the ate brake fluid and the Redline MTF hold up that day?
            Thanks for the feedback on the day

The below are general reviews of the fluids and not directed at you guys:

The ATE Brake fluid held up quite well! I didn't experience any brake fade during the day and my fluid didn't boil. My pedal did get spongy towards the top of the pedal travel but this is the exact same behaviour as the Motul RBF600 that I've previously run and after a couple of days, the sponginess at the top of the pedal disappears. I'm quite happy with it and will be running it again during tomorrow's hill climb event and probably the next track day in early June.

The Red Line transmission fluid that I'm using at the moment is the MT-85 which is a fully synthetic 75W-85 transmission fluid which you can find HERE. The reason why I'm using this fluid is because is to test out how a 75W-85 fluid felt like as nobody has provided any feedback on it.

Upon initial use, I found gear changes to be quite resistant to shifting when the car was dead cold and it required a lot more effort to slot into gear when comparing it to Honda OEM / Red Line MTL, which are both a 70W-80 weight fluid. The gears themselves didn't 'crunch' but were physically harder to shift through the gates when cold which made me start to double clutch shift until the fluid started to heat up. When the fluid heated up, the smooth shifting feel comes back and it feels slick and as per normal.

On the track at H Nationals, shifting feel felt great and was consistent throughout the day. I didn't have issues getting into gear and didn't have anything to fault about my gearbox. The heavier weight of the fluid should offer better heat resistance and prevent any overheating issues but its hard to quantify how much more heat resistance it offers as I'm not able to measure my fluid temperatures.

With shifting feel being buttery smooth but quite hard to slot through the gates when cold, I personally wouldn't recommend this fluid for anyone who simply drives their car around on the street as a daily and for those people, I would not recommend anything other than the Honda recommended weight of 70W-80. If you're having problems with your transmission fluid overheating on track and are looking for a solution, this may be a possible solution for you.
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Congrats on your new PB bro......feel so miss out and seems like its time for me to plan ahead to do come catchup in near future...........well done mate....~!
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                Congrats on your new PB bro......feel so miss out and seems like its time for me to plan ahead to do come catchup in near future...........well done mate....~!
                Thanks buddy! You've got a lot of catchup up to do :P haha.

May 18th, 2013
                Haunted Hills with EXE-Crew

I took the DC5R down to Haunted Hills for a bit of a run, as I'd never been before and I've been told that the track is magical, and indeed it is... Photos on the internet don't do this place any justice! Just looking at the track gives me goosebumps as the elevation is probably about 40metres from the highest to lowest point of the track, with steep inclines and declines that aren't for the weak-hearted. Its like driving on a roller coaster!

The DC5R has no changes since the last track day and I run it on my street rim and tyre setup, which provides less than ideal grip in cold, wet and rainy conditions. The front Bridgestone RE050A's and rear Toyo T1R's are old, worn and don't offer much grip, which provides me with the opportunity to learn how to catch the car when the rear slides out which is often. The start of each session is skatey, with the rear of the car sliding all over the place due to lack of heat/grip, and it provides for an entertaining ride for passengers.

Session times for the day were:

Clockwise track:

Figure 8:

The car and I make it back safely to Melbourne although I'd soon learn that the tyres have copped a bit too much punishment...

Pictures of the day:

Thanks Team Itazura and Bennet for the photos!
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Nice update!

Any in car vids?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Nice update!

Any in car vids?
                    No in car vids at the moment. I'll aim to get some next event.

June 2, 2013

EXE-Crew hosted another well EXEcuted day at Winton, which ran smoothly in fantastic weather.

Setup wise, nothing was changed since the car was last run at HNationals so it was good to see how much more I could extract from the car in its current form. I did however bleed through a little bit of the old ATE Super Blue with some ATE Type 200 just to make sure any previously overheated fluid was out of the system.

The car felt consistent all day long and I noticed a bit of improvement in lap times as the day got on. Times are listed below

Session 1: (LeSee as passenger)
                    2:13.6280
                    1:46.1720
                    1:44.8150

Session 2:
                    1:54.7140
                    1:45.9020
                    1:40.0740
                    1:43.9810

Session 3:
                    2:06.3940 10
                    1:38.9720
                    1:38.3290
                    1:38.2770
                    1:38.8480

Session 4: (ChargeR as passenger)
                    2:00.6270
                    1:41.9190
                    1:39.9680
                    1:39.7820

Session 5:
                    20 1:58.2510
                    1:40.6660
                    1:37.9380 <== PB!
                    1:42.9080

Thanks to Rotulation for the photo below:

Where to from here? Theres more time to be had in the current setup, and I'm sure a 1.36 is achievable so that will be my next goal.

Comment

I'm a little late to the party haha - nice write up though! Great read.

New updates? :P

Comment

Great time mugsee~! Look forward to your 1:36's
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Working...
                          X