X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    whoah - how'd the Z1's cope?

are they the "Star Spec" version?
    The Z1's that I have are unfortunately the older version but they hold up very well on the track. I can easily do 5-6 hot laps of Winton without them overheating.

My only criticism of them is that they wear a bit too easily, but that maybe because I've got a heavy foot.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Looking good brother from a different mother . I like the concave of your front wheels. I wish I had concave, but I guess my offset is too weak .
    On the contrary brother, it seems that your offset is a bit more aggressive than mine

Originally posted by aidannn View Post
    mmmm concave goodness
    Originally posted by felixR View Post
    that's so hot
    Originally posted by Didz View Post
    crazyness x2!
    Originally posted by Prowl View Post
    Yes; nothing but win. Makes me want to throw out my weak RSes.
    Thanks guys! You really do know how to make a guy feel good about his offset.

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
    Looking good Mr See
    LOL @ "so much win". That brought a huge smile to my face. Oh, and somehow, I foresee a lot of win coming your way soonl...

Originally posted by TAAXED View Post
    concave ftw, nice work man!

I used to have a set of the same rims on my car hahha
    Thanks Jono. ChargeR was showing me a picture of similar RG's (big and concave) on an S2K. Do you dare?

Originally posted by Manny View Post
    I know GTR offset RG's when I see them!
    Thanks for the rep! I've noticed your push on aggressive offsets in the evo thread so I'll be monitoring Team Misplaced's wheel choices. Don't let the DC5R's outdo you guys
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Haha, I'll be at the bottom of the aggressive spectrum because I don't want to be rolling my guards. If you saw Kelvin's IX with this TA CE's then mine will be the same setup (18x9.5 +28F 18x9.5 +34R), just different colour. Kelv's my Melbourne based twin

Paully (mofo) is king of aggressive for Evo, I think Derek (sloevo) is likely to follow.
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

When I grow up, I want to have offset like mugsee.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          w3rd!

Comment

that looks... angry?

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
              Haha, I'll be at the bottom of the aggressive spectrum because I don't want to be rolling my guards. If you saw Kelvin's IX with this TA CE's then mine will be the same setup (18x9.5 +28F 18x9.5 +34R), just different colour. Kelv's my Melbourne based twin

Paully (mofo) is king of aggressive for Evo, I think Derek (sloevo) is likely to follow.
              Rolling guards is a natural progression of life. Originally I wasn't keen on the idea when I first got my 17x7.5 +29 rears, so I ran a skinner tyre. Since then, I have seen the light and will be rolling the rears soon to accomodate for the 8.5 +37's.

I saw Kelv's pics and they look hot! Will you be running a bit of camber?

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              Originally posted by hebe View Post
              w3rd!
              Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
              that looks... angry?
              Thanks guys!

Something that wasn't originally factored into the plan of aggressive offsets was what kind of effect the extra tyre poke at the bottom of the rim would have on the rest of the car. Already knowing that it'll prove to be a huge deterant aerodynamically on the track (which will be addressed with canards, eventually), I didn't think about the extra crap that would be picked up from the wheels and flung into my doors

My days of dirty and stone chipped doors has only just begun. Its a good thing that I'm not too caught up with the paintwork of my car, not just yet at least.

Heres a couple more photos that make the stone chips/dirty doors all worth it:

Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

sex

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post

Something that wasn't originally factored into the plan of aggressive offsets was what kind of effect the extra tyre poke at the bottom of the rim would have on the rest of the car. Already knowing that it'll prove to be a huge deterant aerodynamically on the track (which will be addressed with canards, eventually), I didn't think about the extra crap that would be picked up from the wheels and flung into my doors
                  Nice offset . When are we fitting your rears? And when are you giving me my shared guard roller and my heat gun? I need them .

Have some respect for your car and don't drive on dirt roads guy. Alternatively you could just respray your car every 2 years like I do .

Comment

ohh nice...

just keep on taking photos both yours and Tom... Can never get sick just looking at it lol

Comment

Ive seen this "concavity" in person, and i must say... its pretty darn weak.
                      Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Nice shoe. Lovin the offset.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                          Its a good thing that I'm not too caught up with the paintwork of my car, not just yet at least
                          hmmm i am quite surprised at that!
                          <3j

Comment

nice pics dude, real clean =)

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Have some respect for your car and don't drive on dirt roads guy. Alternatively you could just respray your car every 2 years like I do .
                              Thanks for the mad props, Mr "I roll on 9.5 +15 which sticks out more and will flick up more stones and mud than you". Wait till you get your alignment and everything else in order, then you'll see who does the most rally driving out of the two of us

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                              ohh nice...

just keep on taking photos both yours and Tom... Can never get sick just looking at it lol
                              Haha, thanks Eric. I'll organise a red photoshoot one day. It'd be a pleasure to add a DC2 to the MR collection

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
                              Ive seen this "concavity" in person, and i must say... its pretty darn weak.
                              Just because your target offset is one less mm than mine, doesn't mean that you get to call it weak. ...you weakface

Originally posted by ley View Post
                              hmmm i am quite surprised at that!
                              I've just stopped caring too much about it now; Probably because some bits have faded and chipped away so much, that I know eventually I'll have to respray it and restore the paint work to its former glory. One day...

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                              Nice shoe. Lovin the offset.
                              Originally posted by kaiXen View Post
                              nice pics dude, real clean =)
                              Thanks guys

Heres a couple more photos that I took a while ago:

I've put the 8.5" rims onto the rear and the rear stance is looking much better. I've also lowered the front so now I'm running a little bit of rake. I'd like to dump it a bit more but I don't think my exhaust which is currently braced to the chassis will be loving life as it barely clears most things now.

More pics to come after the long weekend.

Comment

looking very very nice!!

i could have told ya with aggressive offset you're going to flick up heaps of shit onto your doors....and stone chips too...

Comment

Working...
                                X