Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for the kind words!

I know that the landscape photo is a bit too big so I'll chop it down tonight when I get home.

Originally posted by Chi View Post
    Bastard if you wanted Red interior you coulda traded with me lol.

CE28's > SSR type C > Spun Cast RG's LOL.
    If I had known, I would have! lol Btw, my RG's will be better than your CE28's. Just you wait and see...

Originally posted by Manny View Post
    I was always under the impression that you were white...no idea why though...

Tis a very nice DC5R

Hadean as he used to be known is still on here, only using his real name as his nick now, which is Howie. Doesn't post much anymore as he's a busy lad
    I'm pretty ABC which is why you woulda got that impression

I still keep in touch with Howie from time to time but haven't seen him in yonks. He's the only guy from that original CRSX meet thats still in the scene. The others have pretty much sold their cars.

Originally posted by hebe View Post
    Awesome blog dude!!

Did you steam clean those seats? lol
    Haha... nope. The seats were actually quite clean, but just a bit dusty so they were okay to put in. However a good steam clean of the whole car is in order!

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Nice write up nemesis . You don't seem to have times for Wakefield, Broadford or Eastern Creek to compare which is sad .
    WFP is definitely in order and I've been wanting to do it for the longest of times. Time and money just haven't been on my side. It will come, but probably not anytime this year.
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

looking real schmick michael!

Comment

Great Insight

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
          I was always under the impression that you were white...no idea why though...
          michael isn't white ?

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
            Great Insight
            x2

yeah mate, beautiful buildup...
            ... retired/

Comment

It sure has come a long way!
              Can't wait to see it in person soon... hehe.

Comment

Thanks once again for the awesome feedback guys.

Lay, I'll never heard of anything ruder said on track. You truly are a biatch. :P

First post has been updated:
                - landscape pic cut down to fit on most LCD monitors
                - list of mods that I've gone through has been added

Here is the extract of what was added:

Part of the game of modifying cars is to try something, realise that its not what you want/need, and then try again with a different part/item. Throughout my time with the car, some of the progression of mods that aren't reflected in the cars current state include:

stock box --> Apexi SRI --> gutted stock box --> injen CAI
                stock mounts --> ESMM --> DIY polyutherane (stock) mounts
                Stock rims --> 17 x 7.5" +45 Advan RGs in silver --> 17 x 7.5" +29, 17 x 8.5" +37 Advan RGs in gold
                Bridgestone RE030 --> Bridgestone G3 --> Bridgestone RE050A --> Bridgestone RE01R --> Dunlop Direzza Z1
                Stock suspension --> Tein Flex --> Endless Zeal Function V6
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                  Lay, I'll never heard of anything ruder said on track. You truly are a biatch. :P
                  HAHA there there mugsee much love!

......"are u still warming up? cos u can go faster u know?"
                  <3j

Comment

how are you finding the Direzza Z1's?

i just fitted some 205/50R16s to my DC2...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by ley View Post
                      HAHA there there mugsee much love!

......"are u still warming up? cos u can go faster u know?"
                      ...biatch. You'll pay for that the next time we come up your way...

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      how are you finding the Direzza Z1's?

i just fitted some 205/50R16s to my DC2...
                      Direzza Z1's are great! IMO, their on par with the RE01Rs that I previously had and if there is any speed/grip difference, I'm not able to tell. They squeal when brought to the limit and break out very progressively. They have a stiff sidewall, are great for a the street and hold up very well on the track as well. I've pulled about 7 hot laps of Winton without the tyres complaining too much. My quickest time was actually on the 5th (and final) lap of the last session.

The only concern that I have with them is that they seem to wear quite fast. Of the 3 track days and ~7000 street kms that I've done with them, the fronts have worn down from an initial 8mm to about 5mm now. I guess this can't be the tyres to blame, because I do give them a hard life on the track.

As a comparison, Mugenbox is sitting on a 1.40.5 at Winton with RE55s in 225/45/17 whilst I'm pulling a 1.42.5 with a 235/215 setup on the Z1's. Our cars are about equal in terms of power and suspension mods, however I suspect that he is a better driver :P

Also, please take note that this opinion is somewhat unfair because I only used the RE01Rs for one track day and about 300kms of street driving in total so take it with a little grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                        ...biatch. You'll pay for that the next time we come up your way...
                        haha dont be weak... australia says no so dont try

btw who shot the last 2 pics? they look good
                        <3j

Comment

nice work Michael!

should drive your car up to Sydney next time...

btw i had my eyes on that exact set of RG's lol staggered ftw

Comment

Originally posted by ley View Post
                            haha dont be weak... australia says no so dont try

btw who shot the last 2 pics? they look good
                            Doesn't matter what Australia says; I would worry about what mugsee does

I took those last two photos. Thanks!

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
                            nice work Michael!

should drive your car up to Sydney next time...

btw i had my eyes on that exact set of RG's lol staggered ftw
                            Yeah, I was a bit sad that I couldn't bring my car up there. Tracking up there and mixing it up with you guys is definitely on the agenda however its actually quite an expensive round trip - $800ish or so the last time I calculated.

Haha. This set of RG's came from Victoria. Sure your not thinking about the ones from JDMST that were 7.5" +29 / 8.5" +31? Either way, RG stagger FTW

Comment

GOOD WORK MIKE!

Comment

i also use to think the dc5 had a bit of an awkard shape... but your blog has changed my view of the dc5...

slowly considering the dc5 over dc2

Comment

Working...
                                X