Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totti's CW DC2R

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post up a mini build thread of my new-ish CW DC2R. Some old school members may remember me from back in the day, this is my third DC2R (also had a DC2 VtiR) and hopefully my last! All previous three DC2's I have owned were Milano Red, so i'm not letting go of this championship white one lol

Purchased in November 2015 with a few mods.

The car came with the following:
    OEM optional side skirts and rear pods
    OEM optional rear strut brace
    Tein Advanced Street coilover
    PLM TA headers
    Custom cat back with Spoon N1 muffler
    Skunk2 70mm throttle body
    Sard FPR with gauge
    Injen CAI
    Exedy HD clutch with lightened flywheel
    DBA 4000 front discs

The car was in reasonably great condition for its age, but like anyone else who suffers OCD tendencies, I had to attempt to get this car back to as perfect as possible!

Thanks
    Steve

Last edited by totti; 09-03-16, 08:15 AM.

Good to have you back Steve.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice mate. what needs to be done to get it perfect
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Nice dc2r, what happen to the Milano red one ? Lol

Comment

Welcome back OG
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Hi Steve, good to see you back. Did you end up getting a set of wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
              Championship White ftw!

Look forward to seeing this thread progress Steve
              Thanks mate, car is progressing nicely, only a few small touches to complete her

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Good to have you back Steve.
              Thanks boss, time for that "fun car" to be purchased already!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              nice mate. what needs to be done to get it perfect
              Cheers. Mostly small irritating details which 95% of people wouldn't notice, but i'll try to mention them in the next few updates

Originally posted by IbbyDC2R View Post
              Nice dc2r, what happen to the Milano red one ? Lol
              Which one? I've had 3 haha.. My last MR DC2R was a short term project that I rebuilt and resold for a profit, it was never a long term keeper.. if you know what I mean!

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              Welcome back OG
              Thanks Perry, it's been a while since

Originally posted by Apu View Post
              Hi Steve, good to see you back. Did you end up getting a set of wheels?
              Hey Brian, I saw your DC2R at jdmyard this week, looked mint as usual.. but where are your 17's!! I ended finding my dream wheels, will update shortly

Comment

So I should probably begin from the start.

As I do with all my cars, the very first thing I do to them, is completely strip and dismantle every trim bar dash, simply to steam clean and de-grime/clean all trims and upholstery. I'm not one to take many progress photos, but door trims and side/rear trims were removed also.

Hired a steam cleaner and went to town on the upholstery. Also replaced the floor carpet, kick panels, side door sills with new OEM trims. I've spent about 2k on miscellaneous trim pieces, clips, screws, bolts

While the car was gutted, I sent away the OEM momo steering wheel to get it retrimmed in Adelaide. The guys name is Peter Scott, he retrims steering wheels for dealerships etc.. his work is flawless, and has totally transformed my cockpit!

Also added a JDM red stitch shift boot to match

Once I got my steering wheel back, I reinstalled it with my seats and had the car thoroughly inspected by my PDR guys (paintless dent removal). They found a few medium dents and a heap of minor dents over 8 different panels on the car. It took 2 workers a full days work to remove them all, couldn't be happier with the results

Got super lucky to find these plates still available too!

OEM JDM Type RX pedal set are on the way from USA as we speak to complete my interior
                Last edited by totti; 09-03-16, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Nice work Steve!

I've realised the 17s aren't as easy to fit as I assumed...so they're on the market. Picked up Hankook Z221s from Yonas and had to sell them at a loss - I completely misjudged the tyre size...no idea what I was thinking. Or not thinking.

Comment

Are you able to pass on the details of the pdr company? I'm looking to get some work done on my itr

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                      Nice work Steve!

I've realised the 17s aren't as easy to fit as I assumed...so they're on the market. Picked up Hankook Z221s from Yonas and had to sell them at a loss - I completely misjudged the tyre size...no idea what I was thinking. Or not thinking.
                      Sorry to hear that mate, still looking for another set or going to stick with the SSR wheels?

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                      Are you able to pass on the details of the pdr company? I'm looking to get some work done on my itr
                      I have used Dent Perfection (Shane & Neil) in Castle Hill for over 10 years now, but there are multiple PDR guys in most industrial areas local to you.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just don't want any shonky work and to get ripped a new one.

Comment

They are awesome guys, and the only guys I would let touch my cars. Also very reasonably priced as they charge a flat rate per panel instead of $xx per dent. I remove all trims for them so it cuts down on the labour time = cheaper price per panel
                          Last edited by totti; 09-03-16, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Cool thanks. I'll give them a buzz [emoji111]🏻️

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                              Sorry to hear that mate, still looking for another set or going to stick with the SSR wheels?

I have used Dent Perfection (Shane & Neil) in Castle Hill for over 10 years now, but there are multiple PDR guys in most industrial areas local to you.
                              Sticking with my current wheels for now.

And thanks for the lead on the PDR guys too!

Comment

Working...
                              X