Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
    tune update???
    P28 ECU I bought from a forum member on here was a dud! Was stuck on the dyno with no datalogging access to the Hondata

Had to pay for time wasted on dyno and send the ecu to ECUMAN in Adelaide for repairs. Tune is booked in for this Saturday!
    Last edited by totti; 19-04-16, 05:07 PM.

Comment

keeping my eye on this one - i'm expecting mine back from its respray in the next month or so. If i keep it i want to get some more usable power

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
        keeping my eye on this one - i'm expecting mine back from its respray in the next month or so. If i keep it i want to get some more usable power
        Don't expect anything exciting! I'm just hoping for a 10kw improvement and better fuel economy tbh lol

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
          Don't expect anything exciting! I'm just hoping for a 10kw improvement and better fuel economy tbh lol
          i haven't driven mine for almost 3 years so anythings gonna be great :-)

Waiting to see these bits as a baseline, but it seems everyone wants to work on K Series these days, hard to find knowledgeable people who still work on the B... anyway

Comment

So round 2 on the dyno went a lot smoother thankfully!

My baseline run on the stock ECU put down 108.5kw

After about 2-3 hours of Adrian doing his magic I have a final figure of 118.6kw I did say I was looking for a 10kw improvement, so Adrian was kind enough to give me a 10.1kw gain lol..

Being a Mainline dyno it reads about 10% lower than a dyno dynamics, so it would make roughly 130kw on a dyno dynamics so I'm stoked with the results!

Comment

i haven't driven mine for almost 3 years so anythings gonna be great :-)

Waiting to see these bits as a baseline, but it seems everyone wants to work on K Series these days, hard to find knowledgeable people who still work on the B... anyway

This is my daily, so there is no way I would pump $10-15k for an extra 20kw from a K series.

I'm heading down to WSID tonight with a mate, so come say hi if you're around!

Comment

Mid range must feel good!
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

This is my daily, so there is no way I would pump $10-15k for an extra 20kw from a K series.

There's more to a k-swap then just an extra 20kw, but yeah I do agree hard to fathom dropping 10-15k on a daily drive.

Nice gains from the dyno! Are you taking your car down the quarter mile or just going to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Mid range must feel good!
                    Feels great Felix, no more down shifting required to overtake lol

Originally posted by ryzz View Post
                    There's more to a k-swap then just an extra 20kw, but yeah I do agree hard to fathom dropping 10-15k on a daily drive.

Nice gains from the dyno! Are you taking your car down the quarter mile or just going to watch?
                    I'm aware of what the K series provides and the potential, but I'm B series 4 lyf!

Thanks, I'll be there racing tonight!

Comment

Very healthy gain from mid range to top end. Good stuff. I agree keep at it with the B series!
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I wish dude - late night with work unfortunately.

But i'll be monitoring here for sure - will be interested to see your times too.

What ECU you running mate?

Comment

good luck at wsid tonight man...
                          hope u don't break anything...

B-series 4 LYF +1
                          my sale thread 21.01.12
                          CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                            Very healthy gain from mid range to top end. Good stuff. I agree keep at it with the B series!
                            Thanks mate, really happy with how it drives!

I wish dude - late night with work unfortunately.

But i'll be monitoring here for sure - will be interested to see your times too.

What ECU you running mate?
                            Hondata s300 v3

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
                            good luck at wsid tonight man...
                            hope u don't break anything...

B-series 4 LYF +1
                            Thanks mate, i'm not boosted like you so i should survive with my 147nm of torque haha

Originally posted by chaumeh
                            How did you go at WSID?

Good to read about owners still deciding to keep and tune b series motors
                            Not as good as i was expecting - 14.09@100.3mph. I really struggled with axle tramp in first gear, making it impossible to get a perfect launch - my best 60ft was 2.17 running re003 at 20psi.

I left the strip a little disappointed, as my first (back in 2004) DC2R ran 13.94@99mph on a stock untuned ECU.

There is definitely a 13.7-8 in her, just need to resolve the axle tramp with some engine mount inserts to get a 2.0 60ft on street tyres!

Comment

No real updates other than OEM clear indicators lights (not pictured) and OEM Toyota Hilux rubber seal kit which i fitted to my front lip and optional side skirts/pods.

Excuse the filthy car.. photoshoot is coming soon

Comment

Was it difficult to fit the Hilux rubber seal kit to the entire lip kit? Very OEM looking.
                                Skibeemo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X