Totti's CW DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first mod.. Mugen CAI paired with a CF Top Fuel 1000 intake

I wasn't 100% happy with the intake sound, so I sold the Top Fuel chamber and found an OEM intake pipe to connect to the Mugen intake.. was a VERY tight fit for the 70mm TB

Tidied up a few hoses, added some dress up bolts and this is the current state of the engine bay (I need a new spark plug cover and will respray the valve cover one day).

Comment

Always a great first mod, good find! Nice and raw
      00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
      13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
      15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

awesome man,,,

good luck with it.
        my sale thread 21.01.12
        CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Thanks guys!

The car came with a Shark (s2000 replica) antenna, which has seen better days.. so I swapped it for a new OEM s2000 unit thanks to jdmyard

Before

Comparison

After

Hoping to replace the timing belt/water pump/tensioner/drive belts this weekend if time permits

Also have the car booked in for a full custom exhaust next week.. can't wait

Comment

Mugen. Best intake for the DC2R.

Full custom including the header?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

How'd you go with the fitment of the antenna ? Also, which power cable did you use to connect to the S2K antenna ?
              00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
              13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
              15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Mugen. Best intake for the DC2R.

Full custom including the header?
                I'm sticking with the PLM Toda replicas, can't justify $1500 for a potential 2kw improvement lol

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
                How'd you go with the fitment of the antenna ? Also, which power cable did you use to connect to the S2K antenna ?
                Perfect for an OEM part is as expected, perfect. I used the white/red wire on the existing DC2 connector harness for an improved signal, there is no power cable AFAIK.

Comment

I was quite busy over the long weekend while most people were busy eating Easter eggs!

Replaced timing belt, water pump, tensioner kit, drive belts, front oil seals, brake fluid, power steering fluid, clutch fluid. Installed new extended wheel studs (had to dismantle front wheel bearings to replace front studs ) as it was time to fit my new wheels

Still need to fine tune the height, as I went too low and the fronts scrub under bumps while turning..

In other news, my optional JDM Type RX pedal set arrived yesterday so will be installing tonight

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                    Let us know how you go with this
                    Can confirm it is an absolute pain to install, but so worth it haha

Comment

RE30s look so good! What specs are they? Bronze on white is a perfect match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                        Let us know how you go with this
                        Originally posted by kevinnguyens View Post
                        Can confirm it is an absolute pain to install, but so worth it haha
                        Was not painful at all if you have experience replacing pedals, clutch pedal is the most time consuming, but overall it took less than an hour

Comment

Originally posted by ryzz View Post
                          RE30s look so good! What specs are they? Bronze on white is a perfect match
                          Thanks mate, specs are 16x7 +42 (using 12mm hubcentric spacers with extended wheels studs) so effectively +30 offset

Funny you say that, as I will be refurbishing the wheels to a gunmetal grey colour once these tyres wear out

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                            Was not painful at all if you have experience replacing pedals, clutch pedal is the most time consuming, but overall it took less than an hour
                            ahh fair enough, for me i found that the clutch pedal was the easiest! although i removed the whole assembly and not just the pedals themselves. Main issue I faced was that the throttle and the brake assembly wouldnt come out as there was too many obstructions, and the steering column was dropped to make room which was frustrating otherwise thats as hard as it gets really! bit of an awkward and uncomfortable position to be in as well haha

Comment

nice work man...
                              keep It going...
                              my sale thread 21.01.12
                              CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Looking good Steve!!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X