• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Very nice update.

The guard work looks smooth.
    Thanks! I'm happy with the guard work.

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
    Wow, the car is just getting better and better, looks the goods and with your selection of mods this is gona be a fun year at the track and certainly more PBs!! Wish I could mod my car like you
    Can't wait Huy. I still have a lot of catching up to you and the big boys. Looking forward to getting out there with you soon.

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
    Anytime bro! Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks again Charbz!

Comment

Wow just spent the last 2 minutes going through this build.

Good Work Dustin,

Thanks for the read!

Comment

Originally posted by Phivrne View Post
        Wow just spent the last 2 minutes going through this build.

Good Work Dustin,

Thanks for the read!
        Cheers mate!

Comment

Been fairly busy lately but thought I'd quickly log on and give you guys an update.

Since the last update, nothing much has changed. Car still looks exactly the same.
          I attended a Tampered Motorsport track day in on the 14th of March. Wasn't a great day for me. The day was at least 33 degrees, there were plenty of traffic with at least 130 cars that day and oddly, the car didn't feel stable, kept oversteering. Maybe due to the new surface and being a really warm day? To top it all off, the oil filter seal blew which caused me to spin out and drop a considerable amount of engine oil. Luckily, my oil pressure gauge was going off and I was quick enough to realise what had happened and turned the car off right away. Made a pretty big mess but with the help from a few friends including Charbz, Peter, Huy and Phil I was able to drive to MSC Performance without an issue.

Being an OEM oil filter, I wouldn't have thought they'd be any problems. We suspect the oil filter seal blew due to a defect when the filter was made, there could of been a very minor stress crack in the seal which is why it caused the seal to blow?? Can't really confirm anything, but glad my car is A-OK. Moving forward, I have opted to use a Valvoline oil filter instead. I also did a compression test just for peace of mind. Results were 220 215 215 215. Happy days.

Due to the fact that my oil filter came loose on track, it has prompted me to get an oil filter stopper. As much as I love J's Racing, I couldn't justify spending $150+ on a piece of metal so my mate Phil hooked me up and I believe he also sells to anyone looking for one. The design is quite similar of the ASM.

Now that everyone was all sorted and there was nothing to be worried about, I decided to sign up for Circuit Club for the 30th of April. I was hoping to have a better day and actually have some fun! Before Circuit Club, I decided to do a couple small things. I got an alignment from good ole Brian a couple days prior to the track day.

Alignment:
          Camber: -3.5 front and -3.2 rear
          Toe: 2mm out on the front and 1mm in on rears
          Max caster.

My Cusco catch can had also arrived so I went ahead and installed it. I know this has been covered a fair bit here so I won't go on too much about it. I was going to install it via the typical PCV > Catch Can > Intake Manifold but was suggested by Steve from MSC Performance to block off the intake manifold and add a breather on the catch can itself. He recommended this way as he has done it on his own S2000 and to all his customers.

The set-up

I also purchased a set of Rays flat centre caps but they don't seem to stay on nicely, it's fairly loose. So, if anyone has any suggestions/opinions on this, please let me know haha!

Nowwwww onto Circuit Club 30/04/16 @ Winton Raceway.

Leading up to this day, weather was looking pretty miserable. Was expected to rain throughout the day and a 90% chance of thunderstorms during the afternoon. Things wasn't looking so great. I had already paid for day so there was no backing out. I packed everything I needed and headed up with a few mates including Huy, Jett and big bad Charbz.

First session out, the track was fairly damp and I wasn't overly confident with pushing hard. I took it fairly easy, got used to the track and focused on my lines. After a couple sessions, the track dried up and surprisingly, there was no rain in sight. One thing I like about Circuit Club is that there is always a good amount of track time and traffic usually isn't an issue. Although, when I do find some good space to myself, I tend to get too ( as Huy would say) "gee'd up" and make silly errors lol. I took Huy's advice, stayed focused and not get too aroused. In the third session, I had the opportunity to jump in Charbz' car and bloody hell Charbz mate, you're one aggressive driver! I learnt how to take the sweeper better and how to attack corners aggressively. Charbz also jumped one of my sessions and was able to give me some pointers. I was braking for too long and taking corners too slow, especially at the S bend, sweeper and the corner before the main straight.

After taking in all the thing I was doing wrong and things I could do better in, I went out the following session achieving a time of 1:43.95 which was slightly better than my previous PB. However, I was feeling much more confident, the car felt good, I was feeling good and went out on my last session and achieved a new PB of 1:42.07!! So close to a 41. I seem to always finish on a .0 something which is extremely annoying. Aaaah well, I was feeling confident and I know my car has a lot more in it. I honestly think it has a 1:40 as is. My next track day will be H nationals in July so we'll see how things go! On another note, unfortunately, my GoPro ran out of battery half way through the day. Happens every time. Might need to invest in another battery just incase it dies again. So I'm yet to have a video of my PB lap

Although the day was rather successful, I do have a minor issue with my oil temps getting to 130degrees after a hot lap. Perhaps an aftermarket radiator might be beneficial as it'll allow more airflow??? Something to think about before my next track day in a few months time.

I wonder what Charbz is thinking there lol

Credits to NM Photography for the shots

Anyways, that's all the updates for now. Looking forward to getting back out there again soon.

Comment

very nice, thanks for the update OP!
            https://www.instagram.com/s2_Samm/

Comment

Great update duzzy!!
              Well done on the PB, with some more seat time you can get in the low 40s/high 39s with your set up..Seat time is the key!
              But yes I highly recommend upgrading to a koyo rad 100% will keep the oil and coolant cooler
              Hahaha love the pics and looking forward to our next track day!

Comment

Love those shots, your car really does look perfect out there on the track! Great job on the PB, thats an amazing time with no aero and limited amount of mods that your car has compared to others with similar times! Looking forward to battling it out at H Nationals with you if i make it haha
                S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
                  Great update duzzy!!
                  Well done on the PB, with some more seat time you can get in the low 40s/high 39s with your set up..Seat time is the key!
                  But yes I highly recommend upgrading to a koyo rad 100% will keep the oil and coolant cooler
                  Hahaha love the pics and looking forward to our next track day!

Thanks Charbz. Definitely man, more seat time is key. I'd love another day before h nats but unfortunately won't be able to attend any due to uni and work commitments.

Yeah planning on getting a koyo rad by h nats!

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                  Love those shots, your car really does look perfect out there on the track! Great job on the PB, thats an amazing time with no aero and limited amount of mods that your car has compared to others with similar times! Looking forward to battling it out at H Nationals with you if i make it haha
                  Thanks Huy! Makes me wonder how much a massive wang would help me through the sweeper. I wish I had a video of my pb lap so I can compare my speeds in the sweeper to someone with a massive wang.
                  I'm looking forward to battling it out with you too at h nats! Hopefully see you there, will be fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X