Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dustin's S2000

Hi everyone!

Decided that I'll start my first build thread after a little convincing from fellow S2000 buddies. Just a little background, I've always been into cars but never really modified anything. Essentially, everything I'm doing to the S2000 will be a first, so it's a huge learning process for me. I've owned the car for about 10 months now so a few things has happened.

How it all started..

After selling my BMW 325Ci, I was on the lookout for my next car. I wanted something fun, fast and a car that doesn't feel like a boat haha. So the S2000 pretty much ticks all the boxes. After inspecting a few AP1s that were a little rough I decided that I wanted a clean untouched AP2. I guess I was influenced by my mate who has a really clean stock AP2 and is super OCD lol.

14 months later after searching on Carsales, Gumtree and other forums everyday, I received a text from my mate saying a clean Moonrock AP2 popped up. Without hesitation, I called right away (he was quite surprised as the ad was only live for 30mins), drove to Brighton and chucked a deposit down! I was so excited as it was over a year of endless searching and posting 'WTBs'. Couldn't even sleep that night.
    That weekend, I picked it up!

And here it is, a 2004 Honda S2000 in Moonrock Metallic!

Also went for a drive through the mountains with a few mates that night as well.

Then got introduced to other S2000 owners the weekend after.

Now just to fast track to a few main things that has happened since. I purchased a genuine CR lip of yahoo auctions but decided to sell it for the optional AP2 lip. I purchased a set of Honda Access extended floor mats in red then decided that I wanted to start tracking the car!

I did a 'fun day' in stock form. Just wanted to see what the car feels like on track before the modding began! The car was a blast to drive on track, but I did oversteer quite abit in the M section at the back - good fun though. The aim of the day was just to have fun and enjoy the car. There was also a crazy amount of cars on track at once.

After a fair bit of researching I decided to purchase my first mod, a set of Ohlins DFV coilovers with Swift springs 12/10kg. Followed by a J's Racing FX-PRO titanium exhaust just for a little more noise! My mate Phil was happy to teach me and give a helping hand on installing the coilovers and exhaust! Thanks mate

I signed up for Circuit Club for the 1st of August so I did some track prep. Every fluid in the car was OEM Honda so I changed my engine oil, gearbox fluid, diff fluid and brake fluid. Changed my pads to Project Mu HC+800 front and rear then got a set of Hankook RS3 tyres in OEM sizes. Thanks to Michael from Autosphere for the fluids and Jacky from Garage460 for the Project Mu goodness.

The day had arrived and it was pouring. I was a little disappointed but I took it as way of learning how my car handles in the wet. First session was quite scary and I did take it fairly easy but I did progress and slowly got faster. After a passenger ride from Tony, I knew I had to grow some balls if I wanted to go faster haha. Unsure on what time I got in the wet as the transponder wasn't working due to the weather I believe? Anyways, was still a fun day and car performed great. Thanks for jlim for the pics. On to the next track day.. Seeker Cup.

Seeker Cup arrived, the sun was shining, weather wasn't too hot, it just felt perfect! First session out after the warm up lap, I oversteered in the first corner after the S bend whoops lol. Car didn't grip like I thought it would but after Charbz checked my tyre pressure after the session, they were 42psi HOT. Shit. So we dropped it down to 30psi cold which ended up being 35psi hot and the car gripped so much better. I was stuck in the 1.49s in a couple sessions so I asked Ben if he could passenger and give me some pointers to go faster. After the session, I found that I really needed to improve in the sweeper, pretty much grow more balls and brake later in well.. all the turns. On the last session, I was able to get a 1.46.67 on my last lap. I am quite happy with my first track day time and can't wait to smash it out again soon. Bring on more seat time!

This is pretty much where I am at as of now. The plan is to track in November when my wheels arrive and tyres are on!
    Last edited by dustinyo; 15-09-15, 12:29 AM.

Finally!
    Great start to an awesome build, can't wait for the updates!

Comment

Another s2000 joins the group. We will all have to help Felix pay for a URL change soon :P

Great car and great buy man! Good to see it straight out on the track stock as well.

Comment

Love what you are doing with the car!!!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Good job Dustin, not long for your new setup now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Great read Dustin, looking forward to seeing this out on the track! Quality car and build.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Big duzzy haha, good stuff bro
              I wanna see you at next track day lol!

Comment

Nice car Dustin. Is that an oem hardtop?

Looks like that hoist has been blessed by many S2000's haha.
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Comment

Thanks everyone

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post

Yep OEM hardtop!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post

Hahahaha, you know it shak!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                        Another s2000 joins the group. We will all have to help Felix pay for a URL change soon :P
                        Haha check it out - clubs2k.com.au

Nice progress so far
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Haha check it out - clubs2k.com.au

Nice progress so far
                          It's happening haha
                          00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                          13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                          15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

putting down some mad lap times bro, buy my wing
                            IG: tonytr

Comment

Originally posted by iamtonee View Post
                              putting down some mad lap times bro, buy my wing
                              No wing just yet. Gotta get my wheels and tyres on first then smash out a couple track days.

Comment

Working...
                              X