Carbon fibre rear extension
    Carbon fibre side skirt extension
    Carbon fibre vortex generator
    Voltex type 5v rear wing
    Rexpeed carbon fibre ducts for front bar
    Usdm tail lights
    Gta headlights painted black with clear indicators

Parts to be installed/purchase:
    Supertech valve springs and retainers (to be installed)
    Fic 1450cc injectors (to be installed)
    Gsc zero tick lifters (to be installed)
    Map h12 headstuds (to be installed)
    Hypertune stock frame manifold (to be installed)
    Cusco front sway bar 25mm (to be installed)
    Cusco 23mm rear sway bar (to be installed)
    Tial Q BOV (to be installed)
    762gtp turbo (to be purchased)
    Jun 272 cams (to be installed)
    Tomei cam gears (to be installed)
    Walbro 416 fuel pump (to be installed)
    Custom stainless steel short route intercooler piping and intake pipe (to be purchased
    Hardrace front rca (to be installed)
    Apline amp (to be purchased)
    Recaro SPG (yet to install, need passenger side rails and brackets)

Hey guys. Most of you guys know me on here but for the newer members. My name is Hau and I use to own a ABP DC5R. I loved this thing to bits but late last year I decided to sell it to buy something that I always wanted. So the car was sold the evening before the NSW annual BBQ. Every now and then I do miss my DC5R but time for a new project. Here are some pics of it before I sold it.

So after I sold the car I went on the hunt for my next car. Most of you guys who know me know that I had my eyes set on a evo (particularly the evo 9). At first I had a look on carsales as you usually do looking for the right one to look at. The colour I really wanted was a white or yellow evo 9 but upon my hunting they were out of my budget. So the next one on the list was a white evo 8mr. I went to have a look at some the following week with a good friend of mine John (John_K24A). I would also like to take this time to thank him for the times I dragged him out with me to go have a look at all these evo's.

After 3 weeks of looking I finally found one I wanted for the right price I could not refuse. With the help of a few good mates lending me a little bit of money so I could purchase it that week. I'd like to thank John, Shak, Danny (DTN) and Nathan (Wongy) for helping me out. Enough of the chit chat time for some details.

When I first purchased it, it came with evo 9 rear bar, bc br coilovers, hks mushroom pod, aftermarket radiator, front pipe, high flow car and trust exhaust. Also tuned by V&E Rigoli at 22psi with 207kw atm. Also some gauges and single din pop out dvd player. 106xxxkm with log books. Also did a check in japan to see how many km it before it was de-registered in Japan. Turns out it has genuine km on it. Here are some pics of how it was when i purchased it.

I didn't like the dvd player so I purchased a this one on the boxing day sales.

As soon as I got home I installed it. This was the mess behind the headunit. As I am a sparky I hate messy wiring so I had to clean it up. Unfortunately I did not get a photo of the finished product.

After I changed the headunit, the next thing on my list was a oil change. I used penrite 10-tenths racing 10-40w. I also changed my high beams and interior lights as well.

The oil that came out

My high beams (nokya yellow) and led smd interior lights

Next on the list was a new steering wheel and floor mats. This was the condition of the steering wheel when I purchased it

The new one vs old

Floor Mats

Next up was a airbox to hide my pod intake. Also Carbon fibre front lip and carbon fibre vortex generator.

After a week of the lip being on this happened as I entered the car park at parra westfield a bit too quick

A few weeks later I ordered some gauges (AEM boost and AFR gauge, Prosport oil pressure, oil temp and water temp), cf bonnet vent and get a greddy cooling plate which i painted red.

Last edited by Hau; 08-10-16, 07:56 PM.
    sigpic

Nice work Hau

Comment

The gauges installed

Also for some reason when the evo 9 rear bar was installed the guy didnt put the housing for the number plate light back in. So i installed a led strip

That's probably it for now. I still have a few parts on order or sitting in my cupboard. But I have a special suprise but wont be here for another few months.
      Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post
      Last edited by Hau; 27-05-14, 09:09 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
        Nice work Hau
        Thanks timmy. But im not done yet. Went over the allowed photos
        sigpic

Comment

You little rippa Hau. I was wondering for a minute there why you got a single din instead of a double.
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
            You little rippa Hau. I was wondering for a minute there why you got a single din instead of a double.
            hahaha thanks bro. I orginally wanted a double din but I dont like how the gauges sit on the dash and I dont want to drill any holes. I might get a defi advance down the track but for now I'm happy with the set up. Also I recently changed the headunit again. Now I have a blue one which matches my gauges even though they can be changed to red with a flick of a switch but the main reason was this headunit has bluetooth
            sigpic

Comment

Niiiice, how does it feel compared to the DC5R besides being faster/turbo/AWD - driving feel ? How's the 5 gears ?

Comment

"I would also like to thank Shak for picking up the airbox."

No probs buddy

Nice car mate, definitely fun to drive!
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Very nice hau
                  BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                  APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                  Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                  NSEX

Comment

Looking good Hau!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                      Haha yea was wondering that too, very nice spot to put your gauges! looks awesome!

Comment

Excellent purchase man

Comment

Thanks for the kind comment guys
                          Originally posted by tyk View Post
                          Niiiice, how does it feel compared to the DC5R besides being faster/turbo/AWD - driving feel ? How's the 5 gears ?
                          At first when I drove it I found it was a lot harder to get it into gear compared to the dc5. Its also a 6speed box not a 5 speed. But the 6 speed is a weaker box compared to the 5. I love driving this thing. Its just as a comfortable as the dc5 as a daily. Also handles a lot better than my dc5

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          "I would also like to thank Shak for picking up the airbox."

No probs buddy

Nice car mate, definitely fun to drive!
                          Oh yeah hahahhaa. Thanks shak <3
                          sigpic

Comment

Yay Hau! Looking so good! Shame about the carbon front lip!

Comment

I can try to fix your lip mate. Getting my cf skills up
                              Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                              http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Working...
                              X