No announcement yet.

My DC2 Type R with a K :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still had stock suspension and all the old bushings after it was built and tuned.

Was a handful lol. So upgraded Suspension, Camber arms, tops, Toe arms, Bushes, LCA, pretty much everything underneath with Hardrace.

And BC gold top Coilovers

little test as I left sas haha

Last edited by Jorge; 25-07-15, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Pretty much how she looks today. Minus Wheels. Which are going back on anyway. Miss the OEM look
      Last edited by Jorge; 21-07-15, 01:22 AM.

Comment

1st Time out to wsid which was over 2 months ago now. 1 year after the engine build

I was happy because i caught and passed that 32 GTR at the end hahaha

learned so much on that day on what needed to be adjusted with car and myself. lol
        Last edited by Jorge; 21-07-15, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Went out for a second Time not really Changing anything but it was very dewy, I was having issues with too much spin or too much bog. We learnt that Adrian softened my launch control for the street on the Haltech as I didn't need it to be so aggressive. He fixed it now lol.

Haven't been back after my 2nd time out But I Managed a 12.38 @ 109mph 1.78 60ft. (Managed 1.72 60ft) with Consistent 12.4/5 all night with the same mph. We found an issue too, A big one that I just fixed

You will notice I'm grabbing 4th gear down track and staying in it for a very long time, I'm still half way through it when I cross the line and it's robbing my mph. Looking at other kswap cars grabbing 5th at 107mph had me confused.

The Issue on why? FN2r gearbox has longer 4th 5th & 6th compared to dc5r with shorter ratios. It's balanced with a 5.1 fd so it balances itself out compared to dc5r. Issue is I took out the 5.1 and put it in a 4.7fd. Without thinking it caused the gears to be longer, My 4th gear finishes 190kms (116mph) on 16s and 5th gear I didn't even want to know.

But imagine how bad it was with 24 inch slicks at 10psi Unbalanced. Makes it even worse lol

I've changed it all now and left Fn2r 6th in for that freeway driving. Nice long Gear

All I had to do was swap out 4th and 5th. Rang Zi and he mentioned kiety wanted my gears for his eg so we traded

Result?
          Last edited by Jorge; 21-07-15, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Well changing 4th & 5th worked lol. Still weighing at 1110kg. High 11s is looking possible after she goes on a diet.

Also grabbed the record for Australia's Fastest N/A K20 DC2r

Had to make sure i backed it up 3 times.

if I lose about 30-40kg and get the 60ft into high 1.6ft a high 11 might be possible.
            Last edited by Jorge; 21-07-15, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Last Weds Video. Tee is making up a montage for me and i will post it here or on citr fb when its done.

Heres one of the runs of 12.1 @ 111mph.

Ive tried to update what has happened in the last year as much as i could without making it boring for everyone on citr.

Check out page 18 if you wanted to get up to date.

Cheers Peeps
              Last edited by Jorge; 21-07-15, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Epic updates and well done on the time!! Dam quick.
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Cheers Felix. Looking forward to the next meet close by

Comment

Working...
                  X