No announcement yet.

My 99 DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved my dc5 going through the twisties xD so fun, dat go kart feel, just doesnt feel the same going through the twisties as of yet >< still waiting on my plates...its been 3 weeks...
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
      Loved my dc5 going through the twisties xD so fun, dat go kart feel, just doesnt feel the same going through the twisties as of yet >< still waiting on my plates...its been 3 weeks...
      Im sure you will get used it soon with the 34! which by the way is an amazing car and congrats! i think we will be going down the same track, since i hope to get one soon as well! was it hard to find?? and give the rta a call? i called them since i never received a letter and they were like yeah they are there go pick them up!

Comment

First off congrats on the car. That mod list is incredible, all high quality stuff, must be an amazing car to drive.

Originally posted by 00teg View Post
        When i bought the car i was quite low on money so i just had to put on ku31's to get me through. Anyone have any tips on tyres for stock dc2r wheels? Thinking of even going semi's but i use it as a daily
        I had Falken Azenis on my car when I bought it (semis) and they are incredible tyres in dry, but to give you all that dry grip you sacrifice a lot of wet grip and you have to put up with the noise. It gets real sketchy driving around in the rain when you cant put any power down over 3500rpm and have to corner super slow to avoid understeer. They also wear quickly, so it will get expensive replacing them.

My advice would be to pick up a high performance street tyre (I just got the Nitto INVO, but there's lots out there) and buy some second hand semis and some cheap wheels to run on track days. It will save you money in the long run.

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
          First off congrats on the car. That mod list is incredible, all high quality stuff, must be an amazing car to drive.

I had Falken Azenis on my car when I bought it (semis) and they are incredible tyres in dry, but to give you all that dry grip you sacrifice a lot of wet grip and you have to put up with the noise. It gets real sketchy driving around in the rain when you cant put any power down over 3500rpm and have to corner super slow to avoid understeer. They also wear quickly, so it will get expensive replacing them.

My advice would be to pick up a high performance street tyre (I just got the Nitto INVO, but there's lots out there) and buy some second hand semis and some cheap wheels to run on track days. It will save you money in the long run.

Good luck !
          thanks for the kind words! and yeah thats what i was thinking as well. I did alot of research and it doesnt seem worth it running semi's on the road if you daily your car. How have you found the NITTO INVO so far?

cheers!

Comment

Hey guys,

Just a question for you all as I'm heading out on my first track day on Tuesday. I've been reading to best prepare myself and everyone says, flush all your oils before you go. I had my car services at top one at 144k Km's and I'm sitting on 146.5k km. do you think ill be fine??

Cheers

Comment

i think you will be all good, maybe replace them afterwards

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

You'll be fine. Replace after.

Comment

Originally posted by 00teg View Post
                  thanks for the kind words! and yeah thats what i was thinking as well. I did alot of research and it doesnt seem worth it running semi's on the road if you daily your car. How have you found the NITTO INVO so far?

cheers!
                  In the few days I've been on them, the Nitto INVO have been incredible. Super grippy, good in the wet and nice and quiet. I'll be putting them on my car from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                    You'll be fine. Replace after.
                    Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                    i think you will be all good, maybe replace them afterwards
                    thanks heaps guys. appreciate it!

In the few days I've been on them, the Nitto INVO have been incredible. Super grippy, good in the wet and nice and quiet. I'll be putting them on my car from now on.
                    Thanks a bunch! awesome feedback. i will most probably be putting these on next and there not too pricey from reading your thread!

Comment

Not really an update but thought i'd share my experience for my first track day out at wakefield. I went with one my school mates who also owns an Integra, but he's completely re built the engine and gets out to the track quite a bit.

Well i wanted to make sure i got the whole use of my days pay so it started quite early today!

But first what is a road trip without maccas breakfast??

NOM NOM NOM (looks so obese looking back at that haha)

Being the track noob i am, i didnt realise they didnt have petrol at the racetrack. Luckily my mate told me while we were in goulburn, so a full tank it was!

and then we arrive, was such a good day for it!

Now to the interesting part! The actual track experience itself. Due to having to fill out forms for my license etc i only got to the end of my groups first session. This was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, at the beginning i was so nervous and didnt know what to expect and once i got out there it felt so weird i don't know how to explain it. So i was happy to start with a couple laps before coming in. (BTW i was running Kumho street tyres on 40 psi for this wow! haha)

My aim of today was to have a HEAP of fun, enjoy the car and not break anything !!

Second session, dropped my tyres down to 30 which made a massive difference. I was taking it easy, learning the track, enjoying the experience and letting pretty much every single person overtake me!

Third session, was pretty much exactly the same as the second.

Fourth session, i was getting into it. I was alot more confident, i was giving it a bit more however i realised after about 5 laps of going fairly hard my tyres just overheat and it felt like i was driving on ice!

Fifth and Sixth session, my competitiveness kicked in and i started to give it alot more and test myself against another integra out there and alot of mx5's which were in my group. I found i was doing well for my the first half of each session but then as soon as my tyres overheat i was just sliding through corners. I took advantage of this in my last session, where i took 2 laps to warm up and take it very easy. I then gave it for about 3 laps which is all my tyres lasted in the last session before i was sliding around. I felt as if the lines i was taking and the whole 'flow' of the laps felt great!

Anyhow, 99TYPR survived wakefield without any major problems so i was stoked!

I really can't stand my car being dirty so definitely wasnt going to let all those dead bugs sit on my car any longer than the trip!

all washed and relaxing after a hard days work!

NOW the bad news:

looks like ill be upgrading my rotors and pads! Its currently got DSFerrodo pads on it which ill be getting again. But i was thinking of going DBA rotors, can anyone point me in the right direction with these?

All in all, i absolutely loved the day and learnt alot. I've definitely got so much more to learn and improve on. I will either be getting another set of rims with semi's or getting a very good pair of street tyres since that was pretty much what everyone was saying to me! I think the bug was developed today! Everyone is so nice to each other and met some great people out there! would be great with more honda's hah!

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment

Jealous, am excited for my first track day!
                        Good share!

Comment

Stop withholding vital information and give us the time !

Also, great write up.

Comment

nice write-up! i like the enthusiasm

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
                              Jealous, am excited for my first track day!
                              Good share!
                              Stop withholding vital information and give us the time !

Also, great write up.
                              Originally posted by caneye View Post
                              nice write-up! i like the enthusiasm
                              thanks guys appreciate it!

Also, i have decided to go with DBA4000 rotors and DS2500 ferodo pads. Can anyone point me to the best/cheapest place to buy these?

Comment

If you dont mind me asking, what was your PB at wakefield when you went recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X