Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 99 DC2R

Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker of the forum. Decided to finally post a thread of my car and what better time than procrastinating during exams. I searched long and hard for a decent dc2r which took literally over a year. I was looking for a bone stock one however i decided it was almost impossible. Late last year this popped up with almost every mod i was planning to do, owned by very nice guy and most importantly had been treated with the same care in which i show towards the car.

It currently sits with:

Mugen Headers, 4 into 1
    Mugen Twin loop Exhaust & Resonator
    Mugen Baffled Sump
    Mugen Low Temp Thermostat
    Mugen Fan Switch
    Mugen Race Pedals
    Mugen Radiator Cap

Ultra Racing 3 Point Strut Brace
    Spoon Rear Strut Bar
    Bennen B Pillar Brace
    Bennen C Pillar Brace

Defi Stepmaster Gauges
    Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp
    Defi Control Unit 2

Injen Cold Air Intake
    Spoon Adjustable Cam Gears
    Earls 12 Row Oil Cooler Kit & Fittings
    Custom B Series Rocker Cover with Breather Kit

Tein Adjustable Coilovers
    Hardrace Rear Adjustable Camber Kit
    Buddy Club Front Adjustable Camber Kit
    Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch + Lightened Flywheel

Hondata S100 + Harness – Tuned to 121KW (Toda AU)
    Spare OEM DC2R Bonnet- Championship White
    Ferodo Brake Pads

15% Tints all round
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Pioneer Competition Splits
    Phillips Extreme Vision Globes
    8000k Headlights

When i bought the car i was quite low on money so i just had to put on ku31's to get me through. Anyone have any tips on tyres for stock dc2r wheels? Thinking of even going semi's but i use it as a daily

Cheers,
    AJ

First Night i got her:

Interior:

Got bored one night haha:

Service at Top One:

There not just for track right??

Random Wash:
    Last edited by 00teg; 13-06-13, 06:00 PM.

That is beautiful. Quality mods too.

Congrats on a beautiful car!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Congrats and welcome !

A shame you can't find a stock one as putting in new parts just feels amazing !

You probably saved a lotta coin though with all those mods already in.

Comment

Looks great! I run semis on the road - expensive when you need to replace them but I love them.

Those gauges though - attached to the passenger airbag cover? Is that safe or legal? Where would they go if the bag went off? Would they impede deployment? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the safety/legal aspect of them but I'd be worried.
        1988 CRX
        1999 Integra Type R
        2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          That is beautiful. Quality mods too.

Congrats on a beautiful car!
          Thanks really appreciate it.

Originally posted by tyk View Post
          Congrats and welcome !

A shame you can't find a stock one as putting in new parts just feels amazing !

You probably saved a lotta coin though with all those mods already in.
          Yeah, that was a main reason why i wanted to find one however it just became way too hard / got over trying haha. But yeah it did save me alot of money

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
          Looks great! I run semis on the road - expensive when you need to replace them but I love them.

Those gauges though - attached to the passenger airbag cover? Is that safe or legal? Where would they go if the bag went off? Would they impede deployment? I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the safety/legal aspect of them but I'd be worried.
          How often would you have to replace the semis?? (how many k's would u get out of them).

Car was bought with them done. A new airbag box was purchased and the airbag was taken out so there actually isn't an airbag there. I have the stock airbag box if i ever decided to relocate them, however i like them there.

Comment

What a nice pick up. Grats on the DC2R!

Comment

thanks heaps! appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by 00teg View Post
                How often would you have to replace the semis?? (how many k's would u get out of them).
                I bought the car at just under 30,000kms and they looked to have at least 70% tread on the fronts. I replaced them at 38,000 about 3 months ago because they hit the tread indicators. Rears are fine. Federale 595RS-R, are awesome and fairly quiet for a semi-slick - but people are finding they last 5-10K kms. If your running semi-slicks, you're not running them for cruising.
                1988 CRX
                1999 Integra Type R
                2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
                  I bought the car at just under 30,000kms and they looked to have at least 70% tread on the fronts. I replaced them at 38,000 about 3 months ago because they hit the tread indicators. Rears are fine. Federale 595RS-R, are awesome and fairly quiet for a semi-slick - but people are finding they last 5-10K kms. If your running semi-slicks, you're not running them for cruising.
                  Ah great, thanks for that. Yeah i've never run them before and know someone selling Toyo r888's with 95% tread for only 350 so i thought its a good opportunity to try them out.

Comment

hey guys,

Thought id throw a problem I've had up here to see if anyone has experienced it.

I've recently seen a couple well known guard rollers to roll my guards however on the back right as soon as they start to put any pressure on the metal it begins to fold inwards and ripples appear.

Has anyone experienced this? if so how did you go around it to fit aggressive wheels on the car?

Hope that makes sense
                    Thanks.

Comment

Hey all,

Been a while since I've updated!! Not much has happened since last time due to no money !

1. Was bored in class, so thought I would muck around on Rta my plates. Ended up ordering new plates which ill show when they are delivered!

2. Looking for either another set of audm wheels but preferably the jdm itr 16" wheels. I'm planning on getting semi slicks as I never got around to it. This set will basically sit in the garage and come out for track days (which I hope to get involved in on a regular basis)!

3. Saw a buddy club spec 2 exhaust come up for a fairly cheap price. Was wondering if anyone has had this on before?? Is it too much for daily / street driving?? Would I have any power gains from the Mugen twin loop??

That's all for now!
                      Thanks

Comment

Buddyclub spec 2 is going to be loud as and annoying. Would not recommend for daily. I think markR had it on his itr

Comment

If youre looking for a daily exhaust which is easy on the ears, the fujitsubo rm01a is a good choice. Mugen twinloop is great too and should be better than stock in my opinion. I have a friend who has the twinloop and gains were given

Comment

Originally posted by DTN View Post
                            Buddyclub spec 2 is going to be loud as and annoying. Would not recommend for daily. I think markR had it on his itr
                            Originally posted by aTR View Post
                            If youre looking for a daily exhaust which is easy on the ears, the fujitsubo rm01a is a good choice. Mugen twinloop is great too and should be better than stock in my opinion. I have a friend who has the twinloop and gains were given
                            Thanks for the replies. I thought that and still undecided. I currently have the Mugen twinloop on the car and just thought it might be good for something different. Seen alot of YouTube clips but its always different in real life.

On another note, first time through the national park! I was taking it pretty easy just being cautious and enjoying the roads. Very impressed with the car, and makes me love it just that tad bit more. Took the corners very smoothly and just grips straight to the road coming out of them. Loved it!

Comment

NEW PLATES!

Really wanted 99 ITR but they were taken and then i saw there on Setanta's Dc2r!

This was the best i could settle with!

will take photos on the car soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X