Life after the DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life after the DC5R

So after feeling absolutely devastated having to sell my DC5R for a more comfortable daily driven 'family' car, I was thinking of getting a CL9.

After 2 weeks online shopping, this Euro has shown itself in front of me. A private import CL7 Euro R, only one in Australia as far as I know (as you all know, it came equipped with Recaro sportline, Momo steering wheel, Euro R cluster, K20A with RBC, different trimming on the interior, Euro R kit, and black moldings on the outside from factory)

I couldn't resist in checking it out, so off I went with my trusted mechanic to see the car. On the first test drive, the car was very comfortable despite being lower than a CL9, very quiet inside with a slight K20A growl on normal drive and screams at VTEC crossover (even with stock intake, header and exhaust) and was reasonably quick even on second gear.

Even though the exterior condition was not up to my standard, I took a plunge and started my restoration project after I bought the car. So far I've done a full service on the car, clay bared, cut and polished and waxed, replaced all bad globes. Soon, i will have the bonnet and fr bar resprayed (too many stone chips).

probably GruppeM intake next and change thermostat, switch, hoses and clutch. People on the street will probably think that this is another Euro R wannabe lol.

not my photo obviously, but this is exactly how the interior is
    Last edited by white_r; 23-03-13, 10:33 PM.

Congrats on the purchase adwin! Certainly unique ^_^

Comment

Re: Life after the DC5R

It's absolutely stunning mate. Congratulations!

Comment

wow, i remember seeing this on carsales awile ago, or might be diff one, good find good to see still rocking the blue hehe, this build might convince me to sell my dc5 and buy a euro and do what ur doing xD
        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
        NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
          Congrats on the purchase adwin! Certainly unique ^_^
          Thx Stephen

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
          It's absolutely stunning mate. Congratulations!
          Thx man, I'm loving it. At least its a saviour from my DC5R lol

Originally posted by wongy View Post
          wow, i remember seeing this on carsales awile ago, or might be diff one, good find good to see still rocking the blue hehe, this build might convince me to sell my dc5 and buy a euro and do what ur doing xD
          yeah, I think that was the same car. yep love the blue (same exact arctic blue pearl)

with this car, I will not go all out at all. The car is too rare and comfortable, I will keep it this way.

Comment

All yours cars are immac bro! Great buy
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

VIC seems to have all the JDM goodies =P.
              Nice car! I think I saw this up on carsales too! Clean car despite its km's!

Comment

Life after the DC5R

Absolute amazing car, as with all your previous cars!
                Saw this the day I bought my jdm dc5r at the gripshiftslide meet!
                S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

oh wow!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

nice!!
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Love it man!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                        All yours cars are immac bro! Great buy
                        Thx I'm trying my best to keep them in the best possible condition. Spent 4 hours cleaning up the engine bay too lol. Buy still so much to go.

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                        VIC seems to have all the JDM goodies =P.
                        Nice car! I think I saw this up on carsales too! Clean car despite its km's!
                        Lol, I think we're just lucky that the JDMs ended up being in vic

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                        Absolute amazing car, as with all your previous cars!
                        Saw this the day I bought my jdm dc5r at the gripshiftslide meet!
                        Thx man, were u there at the carribean last time too? I just picked the car up on that saturday lol

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        oh wow!
                        Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                        nice!!
                        Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        Love it man!
                        Thx guys

Comment

Life after the DC5R

Originally posted by white_r View Post
                          Thx man, were u there at the carribean last time too? I just picked the car up on that saturday lol
                          Haha, yeah I was, but I didn't bring the car, came with a friend in his ep3r.
                          I went and looked + bought it on the Sunday
                          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Finally someone bought it! Saw it on carsales a while ago, I wanted it so badly but I sadly couldn't afford it . It's such a rare car mate and congratulations on the purchase. How do you compare it to the DC5R in terms of performance and comfort?

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                              Haha, yeah I was, but I didn't bring the car, came with a friend in his ep3r.
                              I went and looked + bought it on the Sunday
                              Right, I see. Did you come with Tim? or someone else?

nice buy for you too

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
                              Finally someone bought it! Saw it on carsales a while ago, I wanted it so badly but I sadly couldn't afford it . It's such a rare car mate and congratulations on the purchase. How do you compare it to the DC5R in terms of performance and comfort?
                              Yeah lol, I'm surprised no one has bought it yet.

Thanks, indeed it is rare.

compared to DC5R, Euro R is more comfortable stock for stock and quieter as well. on a DC5R, you can feel that you are going too fast, but not on the Euro R lol (going over the speed limit most of the time until I looked down on the speedo), handling is very good for a family sedan, comparable to DC5R (but Euro does feel heavier). K20A growl on high revs and crossovers is very loud and clear even with stock everything. Steering is light (Euro R uses EPS, just like the EP3R).

Gearbox is the nearly identical as DC5R and EP3R, as the Euro R also uses type R box with LSD as well.
                              Last edited by white_r; 24-03-13, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X