• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
    That rubber lip, is it the EZ-Lip?
    I'm not too sure tbh, don't think it was branded.. Haha
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Update time again!

Been driving a lot so it was due for another service.

Thanks to mugsee for supplying the products and advice! Took out the Gruppe M and cleaned it as well, was quite dirty with leaves and bugs in there!
      Sparks were well overdue as well!

Engine bay got an upgrade
      - RBC intake manifold cover
      - Cusco Front Strut Brace (Thanks to Nick)

Also installed a Whiteline 24mm Rear SwayBar

Handling has improved massively with these mods, rear feels stable and the overall car feels stable. Stiffer as well.

Also a big thanks to Jason (butter) for helping me clean the IACV (again) and diagnose the rev hunting problem that I have, car is running smoother now only with random spikes which I will double check again on K-Manager

And finally time for the biggest update.
      As some of you may know, I've been having problems with my fujitsubo powergetter catback, it's rattling and one of the resonators are gone, so I had a choice of changing axles or the whole catback. Lucky my friend was selling his whole toda catback. Also when I bought the car it came with spoon 4-2-1 headers but the 2-1 part wasn't installed. So I installed all of it with the new cat.

The install was quite frustrating due to the fact that most of the bolts on my car haven't been touched in a long time, so was hard to remove. But we got there, considering it was 3am in the morning haha.
      Love the new note that the car makes, exactly what I want, power gains noticeable as well, smoother thoughout the revs, love it! Also has the titanium tip which is what I've always wanted to!

Lastly a photo from the last meet I went to
      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

haha how long did it take you to install ya exhaust?? it took ke and my mate from 7.30 till 3am in the morning LMAOOO Wd -40 is ur friend and a breaker bar too! get on it if u dont have one.

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
          haha how long did it take you to install ya exhaust?? it took ke and my mate from 7.30 till 3am in the morning LMAOOO Wd -40 is ur friend and a breaker bar too! get on it if u dont have one.
          Wow that's really long haha
          Took me and a few mates 3 hours to get it off. The hardest part was the sensors, lol
          Yeah breaker bar and wd 40 was really helpful lol
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
            Wow that's really long haha
            Took me and a few mates 3 hours to get it off. The hardest part was the sensors, lol
            Yeah breaker bar and wd 40 was really helpful lol
            yeah same fkn taking the sensors off the stock exhaust was a fucking pain in the arse.. wasnt so sure if it was a stock catback or not coz it was between a gap and couldnt get leverage to unbolt it.. then after 3hrs on the gay bolt manage to take it off

Comment

Time for another update guys, mainly bad but I'll start with the good news first
              Just a photo from recent Gripshiftslide Meet

Also it's school holidays now so had some time to test fit my friends drifteks, just for comparison

I personally love the fitment, was surprised it sat so well! Gave me a good indication of what specs I want next and tire size.

Now onto the bad news, I've been prepping my car for track since the day I got my licence, all mods that I wanted to get done, are done, all I needed was tyres and a service and I would be set!
              But the other day my clutch went
              It's slipping in every gear to the point it's almost un drive able.
              I knew from when I purchased the car the clutch was quite worn, but didn't expect it to go this fast, it's the worst possible timing for me especially with year 12 exams coming up.
              So because of this setback, doesn't look like I'll be hitting the track this year.
              I have already purchased a new clutch from Stephen, and will be looking to get it fitted ASAP as I hate seeing the car like this

Stay tuned for further updates.
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Really nice fitment bro! What clutch did you get?
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                  Really nice fitment bro! What clutch did you get?
                  Thanks Fahd!
                  I got an Exedy Stage 1 HD Clutch, was planning for at least stage 2 but at the price I couldn't turn it down
                  S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Wow the drifteks look so nice on white dc5. It never looked that good on mine! Are they 18s possibly?
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Thanks Fahd!
                      I got an Exedy Stage 1 HD Clutch, was planning for at least stage 2 but at the price I couldn't turn it down
                      Nice bro, I have that one with the exedy lightened fly wheel. Maddest clutch I love it
                      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                        Wow the drifteks look so nice on white dc5. It never looked that good on mine! Are they 18s possibly?
                        Haha, I knew you would comment on it :P
                        They did look good on yours, part of the reason why I wanted to test fit them haha, yeah these are 18s, idk they seem a bit big for the car..

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                        Nice bro, I have that one with the exedy lightened fly wheel. Maddest clutch I love it
                        Ahh, thanks for the feedback, can't wait to get it installed then, should arrive today!
                        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Haha, I knew you would comment on it :P
                          They did look good on yours, part of the reason why I wanted to test fit them haha, yeah these are 18s, idk they seem a bit big for the car..

Ahh, thanks for the feedback, can't wait to get it installed then, should arrive today!
                          Yeah you should get it today, if not it be tomorrow the latest. The clutch got taken out at 10,000km so it's still going to have heaps of life left in it. When I checked it, its still meaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
                            Yeah you should get it today, if not it be tomorrow the latest. The clutch got taken out at 10,000km so it's still going to have heaps of life left in it. When I checked it, its still meaty.
                            -.- hopefully it comes today! Alright sounds good I'll keep you updated when I install it, if it comes this week I will be installing it on Saturday
                            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

bad luck about the clutch man. fitment on the drifteks look nice! happy studying bro haha, nearly there !

Comment

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                                bad luck about the clutch man. fitment on the drifteks look nice! happy studying bro haha, nearly there !
                                Haha, yeah I'll get onto the studying when my clutch is done! Goodluck for the rest of the year man!

Well this finally came
                                Thanks again to Stephen!
                                Time to get my car back on the road!!
                                S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X