Tricky's EP3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, A little update on what's going on with my ep

One day I went to my girlfriends house. I walked into her room to find her and a big box. I ask her, "what is it?". She told me to open it.
    This is the surprise I got from her

I think I should wife her, but anyway first things first I had to install it!

And presto!

After driving it for a while, Very very noticeable vibration sounds were coming from outside and I have determined it was the cowl top given to us.
    After reading forums I have decided to take it upon myself to cut the oem cowl top and have a little fun.

As you can see where I have cut the hole for the airlet induct, it has another hole... that was already there from the previous owner from japan and I also assume that he had a mugen airbox in it, hehe.

However it did make it harder to bog up

Here are a few pictures of what I did

I went to the local bunnings and could not find metal mesh However I found something else to use to support the shape of the hole!

This is what it looks like on the other side after I bogged it from the back

However the sanding process was very very fustrating and I got over it, So i just went straight to painting haha

Doesnt look very pretty but atleast it won't let more water into my engine bay!
    Last edited by tricky; 18-12-13, 08:54 PM. Reason: photos

Comment

I also heard alot of feedback from people who have owned gruppe m's and said that the origonal inlet hose would have cuts in it after long-term driving so I ordered myself a tewiga inlet hose instead and of course it had to be red!

This is what my engine bay looks like now, please don't mind the dirt in it

Well gotta say after doing all that, I have experienced 0 rattling sounds coming from the intake and the oem cowl top

Previously I have also mentioned that my front advan RG-I's have cracked

However the day has come, I have finally found another pair of RG-I's!
      The guy I bought the advans off had the same issue as me, one of his advan cracked too! #iknowdemfeels.
      However he was selling all of his for $400 dollars /w tyres because of that. And what a coincidence, they're the same specs as my advans (To note, I was previously running a staggered set of advans RG-I's, Pair's of 17x8.5 +37 & 17.7.5 +31.)
      An even bigger coincidence, His 17x8.5 got cracked just like mine! LOL. So that means now I have a Pair of 17x8.5 +37 and a whole set of 17x7.5 +31! #alldemspares
      It was a very very happy day for me. :')

Here's a picture of all of them together and on my car besides the others on the other side. RG-I be balling on a budget ! please excuse my lames jokes haha

Comment

Ain't nobody need that many RGs. Sell them to me.

Looking good mate. Wish I got a GruppeM just randomly. :P

Comment

Looooolll ducyaaa

Comment

pics of missus

lol jk looking good bro. them rgs

Comment

oh wooooow where did you find the Rg's from?
              Looking good btw
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

advan rg (v1) are so hot! my first "JDM" wheels!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                  Ain't nobody need that many RGs. Sell them to me.

Looking good mate. Wish I got a GruppeM just randomly. :P
                  LOL, looking for rg's for countless days in forums ebay firesport and gumtree. It would be painful to just sell them away XD And yeh I'm screwed for getting her a surprise gift LOL

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
                  Looooolll ducyaaa
                  toookiyaaaa DDD

Originally posted by PENUT View Post
                  pics of missus

lol jk looking good bro. them rgs
                  Thanks man, but I'm still mirin of your dc5r pedals :P

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  oh wooooow where did you find the Rg's from?
                  Looking good btw
                  Thanks! Got them from a guy on JDM Rims for sale Australia (A group on facebook), he literally posted it for 30 seconds, I pm'd him quickly and I literally got it the same day LOL

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  advan rg (v1) are so hot! my first "JDM" wheels!
                  I totally agree! They were my first set of JDM wheels too

Comment

Hi guys, so lately I've been sad, very very sad about the condition of my car. This is why.

The previous owner who was a "professional detailer" had detailed the car, but little did he know he would cut the paint so much it took off all the clear coat. I had found this out when I took my car to the car wash one day to give my baby a good clean and obviously to achieve this I would use a high pressure hose. Once the water made connection to the quarter panel, I kept blinking to say that my eyes are lying to me, but no, my heart sank instead.

Well what did I do? I had to fix it of course and because I cannot pin this onto the previous owner of the car since it's been such a long time since I've purchased it from him I had to do everything myself. However I did get it resprayed for a pretty good price. The condition of the paint of my car was not all too good to begin with so I thought I would get other things painted all in one fell swoop. The quarter panels, side skirts, rear bumper AND my lip. This is a picture of my lip. It too also broke, my heart.

I don't have a picture of it when it hit into an island at my local safeway, but this is the best picture I have of how it looks after I patched it up myself to make sure the lip held together. This is also the reason why I waited to respray the lip, to see if it's secure enough and will not break.
                    Also in the previous stages of my car I have had the blade of my wing painted black, I went with the all white look instead now since I went for a respray.

Well since everything's been explained, here's a few phone quality photos I have taken to show you after I got my car back from the panel shop.

Thanks for reading my short rant!

Comment

Working...
                    X