Alex's CW DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's CW DC5R

Hey guys, I'd thought I'd post up a few pics of my Championship White DC5R that I have recently aquired.

I was flicking through ebay the other day when I came across this car. It had done nearly 265,000km and was a fresh trade-in from a dealer. At first glace I thought, "nah this car is probably falling to bits", but as the auction came close to the end, the bidding price was still pretty low, so I threw in a bid for fun thinking that I wouldn't get the car. However, I ended up winning the car for a pretty low price (I think?), I don't even think a bad DC2R would be worth what I paid for this, I really didn't know what to expect when I was going to pick it up.

I've only had the car for a few days now, so far mechanically its running extremely well, the gearbox doesn't crunch, engine is still smooth, and of course the vtec comes on pretty strong. Put it up on a hoist and inspected everything, no suprises since the car had a full honda service history. Cosmetically, the exterior is in what i'd call a fair condition, I'd guess that this car lived outside for a lot of it's life. The white paint has lost it's gloss and there are shitloads of stonechips on the front, the car was from the country and probably did heaps of highway kms. Interior is still in good shape, the recaros have a bit of bolster sag/wear and the knobs/pedals are a little used, other than that everything seems fine.

The plan for this car is to use it as a daily. It's quite a bit "different" in terms of comfort in comparison to what I've owned and driven in the past, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's currently in stock form and has been for its whole life, I'll probably keep it that way and enjoy it until I can lay my hands on a good JDM K20A. Might chuck some wheels on it soon, I really like the JDM DC5 wheels or Work CR Kai's in white. Then I'll maybe update the suspension with the eibach + koni spring/shocker combination. I'd like to learn how to track/race with this car in the near future, so maybe that will lead to a bigger list of potential mods.

For those who know their DC5R's, what problems should I be looking for in a car that has done km's like this? I know that engine mounts are a common problem, and I suspect this car has had replacements since they look pretty good still. Other than that I'd like to hear some issues that I should look for or expect in the near future, better to fix it now rather than sitting on the side of the road.

Anyway here are some quick compact camera photos of the car after a quick wash, enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dfdc2r; 23-12-12, 09:56 PM.

265,000km is living proof of Honda's amazing engineering. I'm assuming the car has not been pushed to its limits for an engine to survive that long. Nonetheless, welcome and enjoy an amazing piece of machinery and last of Type R legacy.

Norm

Comment

Alex's CW DC5R

Omg, wow, from those photos it looks in pretty good condition, great buy mate, and your in MELBOURNE too! If I saw this I also would've bided.
      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

The car looks great, maybe it's just been from Melbourne to Brisbane a few times hence the high km's.

Comment

Alex's CW DC5R

Looks great! Was always in love with the CW dc5s, maybe I could have picked up another one :P

Great buy, you'll love it
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

looks really clean man, gj, mayb for the price you saved on buying this for cheap, you can buy a jdm k20 or do a k24 or franky, possibilities welcome to forum btw
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

Nice one Alex!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

what a story! Good on ya mate!

Would love to know how much you got it for ahah!
                S2000
                WSID : TBA
                Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

Alex's CW DC5R

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  265,000km is living proof of Honda's amazing engineering. I'm assuming the car has not been pushed to its limits for an engine to survive that long. Nonetheless, welcome and enjoy an amazing piece of machinery and last of Type R legacy.

Norm
                  Do not agree. I'm sure most people on here wouldn't be going to track if longevity was an issue.

But yes it is a statement to Hondas amazing engineering.

Comment

Cheers guys, the pics don't show it, but the front looks really bad in person, bloody stonechips everywhere. Hopefully I'll sort it out in the next couple of weeks when I have some spare time.

@wongy - That's exactly what I was thinking, spare cash = JDM K20A. I'll probably leave that till the mid-end of next year and just enjoy the car for now.

Comment

Welcome Alex and fellow cw dc5r owner
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post

Norm
                        Couldn't agree more boss but i think the car would still last even being pushed with the correct maintenance of course!

Great pick up mate, welcome to the DC5R squad!

Comment

Welcome guy! I wouldn't start planning a new motor yet, if the car has been serviced regularly there is no reason it won't go for another 100,000 or more without any problems considering it must have been mostly highway kms to have so many on it. Better to keep that motor than get a JDM motor that has had the stuffing beaten out of it in its short life.

Comment

$7900, what a steal!

Comment

Just a minor update, no performance mods have been done yet, but here is what I've done in the two weeks of owning the car.
                              1. Added a Pioneer headunit with some Pioneer speakers. (Still waiting on the fascia kit to cover the gap)
                              2. Red Floor mats and a fresh gearknob, big thanks to Dnapol for supplying the goods.
                              3. 270,000km service will be coming up soon, so I decided that I will try some Royal Purple HPS 5W30 for the first time.

Next on the list is to restore the faded paintwork, its a shame that the previous owner allowed this to happen to such a nice car. A good cut and polish should bring out the shine again. Wheels will be done soon, still deciding on what to choose and what to do with the suspension. Intake is also something that I have planned for the car in the coming months.

And again, thanks for the kind comments! I look forward to meeting you guys at the next vic meet/cruise when it happens.

Cheers,

Alex
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X