Nighthawk DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks great Preet!

Was nice seeing you at the Honda Social meet couple weekends back.

Have you been screwed over by the cops yet?
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Have you been screwed over by the cops yet?
      Not quite yet, but the hwy patrol presence here is intense, had an episode last month where they were blocking my driveway for an rbt and I told them to move and then they gave me a warning for foggies being on accidentally lol.

I've met a few of them in ED when the heriacrhy is switched, quite interesting haha

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Update:

It's been quite a while since I've updated this thread. Been real busy with my first job, and already halfway through my next degree, and about to start a masters in January. Haven't had much time to work on the car after the coil-overs went in. After 10k they seem to be holding well, and my back has gotten used to the stiff ride. I've been hunting around for an NSX half-seriously because I feel too young to put a deposit on a house

So this arrived today:

Got it if a wrecked DC5-R in Melbourne. It's pretty mint and cost me a fraction of what it would to refurbish my current wheel.

Installation was quite easy, total about 20 minutes all up.

The colour is a bit off, but I'm quite stoked!
        Also purchased a new shift boot from the states, pure leather with red stitching to replace my ratty old one.

Another small purchase was a Tegiwa intake hose for the GruppM.

No real plans in the future because I'm pretty happy with it's current state, except for trying to make time for a track day, although it's been hard getting time off work as I get put onto lots of weekends, and am using my annual leave for an anatomy dissection course.
        Will be in Perth in 2 weeks for the first time and keen to meet up in my Micra hire car
        Last edited by PG_DC5; 18-08-14, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a crazy course.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Should try and meet up since your in Perth. What are the dates you will be around?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              Should try and meet up since your in Perth. What are the dates you will be around?
              Get there on 28th afternoon and leaving midnight on the Saturday. My course goes until 5pm on the Friday.

Comment

I want that shift boot, is it OEM? Send me a link on FB pls Dr. Preet?

Comment

Happy Holidays to CITR and wishing everyone the best for the coming year.

This year was a big one for me, started my first job, did another degree, bought my first house and travelled to Japan.
                  For the car, not so much... Coilovers were the main upgrade apart from some little minor touch-ups. It's still not a track or show queen, but its mine.
                  Sitting at 146,000km now (52 under my ownership in the past 4 years) and I can't fault it one bit, the little beast never lets me down. Coming home from work and hitting VTEC everyday (3 roundabouts on a 80kmh road to my place from work) just makes life that little bit more sweet.

Stay safe guys!

Comment

Attended my first khanacross event today as part of a local championship. Had an insane amount of fun and met some great people. Good to see some non-JDM fanboi culture sometimes. I managed to come 2nd overall and first in my class. Beaten by a turbo mr2. 11 of the cars came on trailers out of 15 so it was good to drive home after in aircon.

Did a bit of sliding around on my 40K old Kumhos (massive mistake as I forgot to put the pressure down from the 38 psi I run on the street... haha)... and then I took a ride in a ratty drift-spec corona which was hella fun.

Its a good little day that I encourage you all to try, it's much nicer on a car then a full on track day and the courses change every 2 times so it stays relatively fresh throughout the day. I didn't have the balls on any of the runs to use the e-brake though haha

anyway have a video (taken from the spoiler for something different)

Comment

Update

As everyone on Facebook knows I spent the last 2 months selling my car. I apologise widely for anyone upset by all the notifications I must have sent out with all the Facebook groups. After sifting through many lowballers and time-wasters ("does this car have VTEC?", "Is it a drift car?") I finally found a good buyer. The deal was done yesterday morning. I still have an empty feeling inside, as the car really did mean a lot to me. It got me through uni, through my first few years at work and I travelled all over NSW and Victoria in it. Emotions aside, it also never let me down in 60,000km of driving (something I don't think the beemer is going to replicate).

The car taught me a lot about driving and how to DIY. It gave me a channel to make great friends, which you can't ever put a price on. I think this, more than anything, was my favourite part of the ownership.I will forever remember this beast. CITR will always be my go-to forum and I look forward to still seeing everyone at the meets and WTAC this year!

Good luck to the new buyer, I know you will keep it safe

Last drive from Wagga. 530km on the last day of ownership

Comment

Working...
                      X