Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see the intake has been installed

Comment

Recommend you get a silicone intake hose before your OEM hose splits.
      sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
        Recommend you get a silicone intake hose before your OEM hose splits.
        Looking into it, only place I can find them on is eBay though. Don't have time for shipping leaving for Europe in a fortnight, will deal with it when I get back next year.
        Surely oem will hold for 2 weeks..... =p

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Not sure how long they do last as my GruppeM came with a tegiwa intake hose.
          I'm sure you will be fine for a couple of weeks..
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Why doesn't it last forever like it does on the stock airbox?
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              Why doesn't it last forever like it does on the stock airbox?
              I assume the gruppe m, like my J's intake, the bit that goes in the oem pipe is slightly to big, a really tight fit, and my J's kind of went in at an off angle, putting a fair bit of pressure on the stock rubber, mine split in the middle of the bend at the top after about three months
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

ive had my OEM intake hose attached to my gruppe m for a couple of weeks now, seems to have no problem. but i have been advised by josh from sleeping performance to change and his gonna get a guy to fabricate me a lobster stainless steel (i think, cant remember =P) hose when i install my rrc manifold and have it attached from it to the gruppe m.

Comment

Ive had my gruppe m on my dc5 for 5+ years and only split one intake hose in that time!

If your concerned about it splitting try not to vtec to much!
                  FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by mrntegra View Post
                    Ive had my gruppe m on my dc5 for 5+ years and only split one intake hose in that time!

If your concerned about it splitting try not to vtec to much!
                    Haha... Good suggestion in theory but difficult in practice. The sound is too glorious to resist

i'll buy a new hose when I get back from Europe, got some long distance drives in the meantime which should be fine

Comment

Buy the intake hose while in Europe? Hit 2 birds with one stone
                      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

^ strong words
                        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                        NSEX

Comment

Coilovers in!
                          Went with a set of rare NPG coilovers made by Bridgestone.
                          Swift springs
                          Ingalls camber arms and camber bolts.
                          Aligned to -1 camber front and rear. Zero at the back. 0.4 toe out at the front total.

Quite happy with the height as I don't have to adjust my driving, especially as I drive on crappy roads most of the time.
                          The are actually quite comfy, almost as much as stock
                          handling has improved so much!

Crappy pic to follow, will take some better ones on my trip to the Great Ocean Drive in a fortnight

Comment

a couple photos taken by my potato and crappily edited with snapseed

also bonus exhaust clip because I have the day off work:

No real new mods in the near future, car is about perfect for my needs at the moment, looking forward to the f1 on sunday!

Comment

Looking great Preet!
                              Miss seeing this car around town
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Little update:

4 weeks into coilovers and about 3500km of long distance driving I've learnt a couple of things:
                                a) 14kg front and rears hurt, a lot
                                b) I really need to get to a track soon to actually get some benefit out of them, annoying as I have work on all the trackschool and circuitclub days
                                c) Cops will do U-turns on highways to follow you and basically wait for you to screw up
                                d) did I mention it hurts?

Replacing the fuel filter has netted me some pretty impressive gains in terms of fuel efficiency- getting around 8l/100km around town, and 6.4 on a couple of those long trips.

Got a silicone tegiwa intake pipe coming in soon, and looking for some cheap 2nd hand track wheels +/- tires if anyone has any that they need to get rid of

invisible mode is not activating properly though, will need to get Q to look into it:
                                Last edited by PG_DC5; 09-04-14, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X