Nighthawk DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighthawk DC5S

Hey guys, been trolling this forum for a while now, havn't really properly introduced myself.
    had my DC5s for almost 2 years now, put on about 20k on it, with lots of great driving (did uni in Armidale all of last year).
    car is mostly stock, with just a Spoon Duracon shifter, legal tints and Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar.

putting myself through medschool, so money is tight until 2014, will be moving to Tamworth next year, so meet up if your there

Current Mod List

Interior:
    Sony XAV-701BT headunit
    Spoon Duracon Shift knob
    Honda floor mats
    Broadway 300mm
    Sony Xplod Speakers
    Aluminium Shifter bushings
    LED interior lights

Exterior:
    Works Cr-Kai 18x7.5
    Kumho ku37 235x40x18
    Window tints
    Bonnet protector-painted blackkk
    Front Red Honda badge
    Type R wing
    Yellow foggies

Mechanical:
    Whiteline Rear and front sway bars
    Buddyclub Race Headers + hi-flow cat
    Gruppe M
    Mugen radiator cap
    ES Engine mount inserts
    Mugen Twinloop
    RDA Slotted Gold Series front
    NPG coilovrs + Swift springs
    Ingall's rear camber arms and front bolts
    Picture from the auctions

as you can see, armidale life was pretty harsh
    Last edited by PG_DC5; 20-07-15, 10:25 AM.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

welcome mate,
    how do you like that winter weather in armidale?
    you have a nice base to start with there and i think its good not having heaps of cash to splash on the car straight away, it gives you time to research your mods and do things right the first time,
    and yeah country living(roads, wildlife and weather) can be hard on a car
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
      how do you like that winter weather in armidale?
      It took a little getting used to, but we had great heating at the colleges, usually in the form of a bottle of rum.

you from Inverell mate?
      wish i had known last year, had to drive out to bingara a few times last year, epic roads, a cop even waved at me when i was perhaps a "little" over the limit.
      lets get a northen NSW meet-up happening next year

Comment

Neat car mate. Stock like mine
        Howcome you're not running the type s boot lid? It looks like a base model spoiler on there?

Comment

yeah ditto above! how come?! nice type s though. clean

Comment

no idea boys, its how the car came. When the tints were being done, the guy said the bootlid had been repaired at some point, so im not sure.
            I didnt like it too much at the start, but now im used to it. Got no choice really, if I go back to the original type, there will be holes from this one, and i dont want to upgrade to the type R one, just think it would look awkward with my ride height

Comment

Looking good!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice intro

I know what car to look out for now in Tamworth... We'll have to do some Oxley runs!
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                  no idea boys, its how the car came. When the tints were being done, the guy said the bootlid had been repaired at some point, so im not sure.
                  I didnt like it too much at the start, but now im used to it. Got no choice really, if I go back to the original type, there will be holes from this one, and i dont want to upgrade to the type R one, just think it would look awkward with my ride height
                  Ah okay. Does the hatch still have holes from the old decklid? I'd assume not.
                  I've been meaning to fix the leftover holes in my hatch.

Comment

Ah, sounds fair. Better than the silicone + grommets I'm running

Comment

bought myself a 22nd present :P
                      Cr-Kai! massive massive thanks to gunpoons!
                      V-lip coming from the states soon. planning on a type R spoiler over the summer as well. seen some on ebay for 200 delivered, not sure about cost of painting. wish i could just have the trunk lip spoiler, but then i would have holes from this lame-ass spoiler

Comment

btw guys, little help.
                        lots of fairly loud squeaking noises coming from the back of my car for the past few weeks. now its constantly, when above 50kmh, and more so on bumpy roads.
                        could it be the rear sway bar? that got put in about 4 months ago.
                        or perhaps the shocks, because i can replicate the sound if i just push the car up and down with my hands

Comment

Love your car bro, looks heaps good on CR Kai's! What specs?

Comment

Looking good!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

18 x 7.5 i think. guy at jax tyres will have a look at the sussy tomorow. not keen for that to be shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X