Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha :P

Comment

About time you posted an update! Baller mods, as I've told you every single time i've seen you in the last few weeks =P

Love your rocker cover Jackie, wet my pants every single time I see it. Hook me up with your connections for painting the rocker cover? Will talk to you about it later on.

I was thinking on the way to work, what if we swap exhausts? I'll take your J's Racing, you can have my Skunk2 =P

Comment

Nice update on your car jack! Look forward to seeing what is in the box haha
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

nice example of a dc5r good job man
          K20 Pocket Rocket Build : http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...-Pocket-Rocket

Comment

Love this car
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Looking good man! Nice update.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

soo nice and clean! keen on more updates! keep it up champ.
                sigpic

Comment

Prc intake manifold and Megan racing headers. Am I right, am I right lol.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Motorculture mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
                    Wow, so we are 6 months into this year and i havnt updated my build thread since late last year so i think now would be a good time to do so!
                    looking back at my build thread its been just a couple of weeks over a year since i started it and im happy with the progress in 12 months
                    I now have more knowledge and a sense of direction in which my car is heading and know what i want it to be

So this is whats been happening in the last 8 months that i havnt posted...

First of all my intake was the next thing on the to do list, and i couldn't go past the Gruppe M! Sooo i went and Bought me a brand new one, and the wait was well worth it...
                    Also i replaced the stock intake hose with a tegiwa one as my stock hose had a tear.

oohh herroo Gruppe

All the goodies you get

I also had been thinking about re-painting my valve cover, after deciding what colours i wanted to use and then getting the paint made up at VG auto paints, i prepped the valve cover ready for my misses brother to paint it
                    this is half way through me rubbing it back !

I then installed the GruppeM and freshly painted valve cover also you might notice some gold tegiwa valve cover nuts and some resevoir socks.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I had been putting off tyres for far to long the second hand 215/45s i bought fitted on my bbs needed to be replaced asap and was excited to buy a good tyre that would really improve the performance and handling of my car!
                    Originally i had my heart set on Yokohama ad08s with further research i decided on Michelin pilot super sports the tyre that come stock on the Ferrari 599 GTO. With the awesome wear rating and the good reviews, they totally lived up to my expectations. I also got the tyres in a much better 225/45! i had the tyres fitted at road and race performance in rydelmere were i had my whole alignment settings changed including hight and camber which i usually do myself but wanted it done by a pro ,with the alignment according to how my car will be driven. I also fitted the x9 on the front and the x8 on the rear the way it should be! . Overall the car drives and handles a million and one times better then before! heres some pics of the tyres..

Also in late may i put another 12 registration.
                    Which brings us to the present> last wednesday me and my good mate made our way done the eastern creek for the wednesday night drags!

I only got a chance to have 2 runs in which i did awful, my first run was the best of the 2 (when i say first run i mean first ever lol) i ran a 14.8 while missing 3rd gear and then on the second run the news got much worse lol i managed to do a real rough launch still axle tramping in second gear tearing my top left engine mount which takes the most weight! On that run i got a embarrassing 15.1, so due to the mounts i called it a night!

Done a good job of it lol ^

So on friday went into shift performance to have some innovative hardened engine mounts installed, i got the grade 65A the softer of the 3 grades they are available in, and let me just say im happy i didn't go the 75 grade haha, the mounts are absolutely amazing changed the way my car drives more then any other mod i have done yet. Absolutely stoked with them! In my opinion the firmness is perfect i do have a fair bit of vibration on idle and while driving but it just adds to the race car feel.I have a mate with hardrace engine mounts and mine feel quite abit harder. The gear change are more crisp, the cornering has improved out of sight and the power delivered to the wheels feels as if ive gave it an extra 10kw a modification i recommend

nice update man

did you have to get another wheel alignment after installing the mounts?

Comment

nice going with the gruppeM. sick engine bay!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys

Originally posted by --drew-- View Post
                        Prc intake manifold and Megan racing headers. Am I right, am I right lol.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Motorculture mobile app
                        Sorry but incorrect x)

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                        nice update man

did you have to get another wheel alignment after installing the mounts?
                        thanks bro,nah mate as far as i know no need for another alignment, alignment feels just as good prior mounts being installed!

Comment

Working...
                        X