No announcement yet.

Integra Type S - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to get ordering a oem 5.1 fd and tsx 6th gear along with an oem lsd to go with my clutch change.

Since the car will be a daily. Will be ordering an exedy stage 1 sports organic, flywheel unsure if want to source a used jdm fkywheel and machone it or buy a brand new exedy one. Most likely exedy.

Drove shaks car the other night and fell back in love with the shorter ratio in gesrs 1-5 !! Seriously.... surprised not many ppl have done this when they change clutches as its really a $500 exercise and such an underrated mod!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Looking to do a trackday - groundzero one
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Alex, didn't you previously have the 5.1 FD and tsx 6th gear??? Didn't you sell them already!?!? I'm confused.

Comment

Ur tempting me to do shorter gear ratios down the track haha, shall come to you for advice when I do
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Alex, didn't you previously have the 5.1 FD and tsx 6th gear??? Didn't you sell them already!?!? I'm confused.
            Yes I had the parts. Funnily enough the owner's brother just picked up the items moments ago and now I have lots of space left in my room!

I will be ordering them again 100%
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              Ur tempting me to do shorter gear ratios down the track haha, shall come to you for advice when I do
              If you ask Shak nicely, see if you can take his car for a quick drive. I was telling Shak the other night that I am surprised this is not a mod anyone does with a clutch change seeing its a cheap mod and increases acceleration greatly! A very very underrated mod!

As the car will be a daily for Julie Im opting for the Exedy Stage 1 Sports Organic clutch. Would really love the Exedy 3.6 or 3.8kg (forgot) flywheel however as the car is a daily I didnt want it too light. Went on the prowl for a JDM EP3R/DC5R Flywheel. Did soem research and our very own FN2R use the same flywheel!

Went on the search on a couple forums and found an FN2R flywheel!

4.6kg baby! Flywheel is apparently 50k klm old. Did some background on the username and he said the clutch/FS thread is 8000km old and the car has around 93000km..... so the flywheel is much more closer to 85k ish klm old.... oh well, the price I paid for it if the flywheel is useless its not much of a loss to me! Will get it machined next week and see how I go.

As the post above, going to be ordering a Honda OEM 5.1FD and Accord Euro (TSX) 6th gear so when driving/.cruising normally I have the revs still relatively low!

Also as we're now on a budget, going to be looking to install a Honda OEM LSD too!

short term plans for the car is to aim for a Wakefield track day with ground zero ned of june so looking to change GB oil, machine front rotors, and a general service prior.

Just changed the engine oil before too so should be good!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Can I ask where you'll be sourcing the final drive and Euro 6th from?
                I can imagine Honda Australia would charge an arm and a leg =P

Come the time of my clutch and flywheel install, I would consider doing this mod too =]

Comment

Hey Steve right?

I got my first batch from Asencsion MOtorsports - trader on k20a.org... He gave it to me at an incredible price. service was on top.

I literally just sent him a PM asking for the aprts mentioned above.

I'll pm u when I get the PM, and if u want it, I see if we can bulk buy and save on postage and maybe item costs?

PM u when I get a reply sometime in the next 2-3 days as its weekend etc.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

PS also going to be getting a Civic Si CMC and replacement 05-06 CSC whilst im at it!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Hey Steve right?

I got my first batch from Asencsion MOtorsports - trader on k20a.org... He gave it to me at an incredible price. service was on top.

I literally just sent him a PM asking for the aprts mentioned above.

I'll pm u when I get the PM, and if u want it, I see if we can bulk buy and save on postage and maybe item costs?

PM u when I get a reply sometime in the next 2-3 days as its weekend etc.
                      Service, as in postage?

Yeah that'll be cool, if anything get to know what kind of price they can do. Thanks a lot =]

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      PS also going to be getting a Civic Si CMC and replacement 05-06 CSC whilst im at it!
                      Is changing the master and slave essential for doing the final drive mod?

Comment

sevice as in customer service. Changing the FD doesnt require the CMC and CSC change, however a few ppl epseically on ClubRSX have CMC failures when cahnging clutches so might as welll change everything!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Got my flywheel back from the local shop with a resurface!

I know the previous post showed it at 4.6kg but they are different scales...

Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Also looking at replacing my current Alpine doubledin with a new unit Alpine Ive-W530. Simply because Julie wants USBINPUT.

Aightt
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

how much is the extra labor to do a FD gear change while the box it out (excluding clutch change labor)? And who are you going to get to perform the work? Just curious.....
                              eckoflyte

Comment

If wakefield is your benchmark, a FD upgrade will cut your time immensely. More than any amount spent on bolt on mods could do.
                                eckoflyte

Comment

Working...
                                X