Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackest Mofo with a DC5R

Hello Everyone!

People like to call me Shak, but my real name is Shakeel..call me either, whatever floats your boat! I saw a couple people write up their own car stories so I thought I'd finally do the same. I've just started being kinda active on this forum, which some of you may have noticed already. I'm a pretty funny guy once you get to know me and I always try to help people out! I'm happy to talk about anything, but if you talk about basketball/nba ill be even more happy! As the title states, I am the self-proclaimed blackest mofo driving a dc5r in Australia!!

Anyway so this is how the story goes..

Last year around this time I finished the HSC. Unlike my all my friends who were going out partying and celebrating, I started working my ass off (I started an electrical apprenticeship with my dad)! I mainly did this for one reason.. I wanted a car! At first I was looking at ek civic's (vti-r, or k-swapped). In December the HSC results came out and I found out that I got an atar of around 70 (extremely happy as I wasn't a nerd studying 24/7)! I had been accepted into Engineering @ UWS and was over the moon! My dad was so proud of me (like first in family to get into uni) that he agreed to paying half of the car I was planning to buy! He saw that I was looking at civics that were around 6-10grand then he's like to me why dont you get something thats like 15grand?

I didn't think twice after that and started looking at Integra Type R's! Initially I wanted a dc2 but after being persuaded by friends/cousins I started looking at the dc5. Many months later it was March and I found a dc5r that I liked and with my dad's help bought it!

We got it for $17,500 at 116,xxx km's

The owner was a bit dodgy looking (he was of middle-eastern background.. I don't intend to offend anyone when saying that), that aside the owner was very nice and understanding and a smooth sale was done!

If you saw the condition of the car you'd think the owner was bad and neglectful (driver side recaro seat been torn and ripped at).. but the mods that he had would make you think otherwise!

Mod List when bought

Engine
    Amuse R1 Titan Catback Exhaust

Interior
    JVC Double Din Unit
    Wiring for amp under passenger seat and a sub in boot had been left
    (he took his amp and sub) still happy as he left the wiring there for me!

Exterior
    SSR Type C in gold (not sure of the specs but i'll get back to you)
    Bridgestone Potenza all round Front: 235/45/17 Rear: 255/40/17
    HID Lights

After showing it off to my friends/family and them all inspecting it. I had been told that the car had been in a small accident during its life which the owner didn't tell me (if it had happened during the time he didn't own it is another story). Later on you could see the proof was there.. You could tell the car had been repainted as a proper finish wasn't done, alot of the seals and rubbers hadn't been put back in place properly, the front right splash guard (I think thats what its called) was missing, and other little things. This didn't bother me as I now wanted to bring this car back to its former showroom glory!!

Now the car was in my hands! I washed/vacuum'ed it every sunday and had its first service under my ownership done at Hanny's! The car is daily driven to uni 3 days a week and tafe 1 day a week. The car is now sitting in the garage at 123,999km's exactly as I'm typing this...sadly I forgot to take a picture at 123,456 . You may be thinking 8,000km's in 8 months thats alot! In my defence, my campus is at Kingswood (Penrith) and I live in Bonnyrigg Heights (Liverpool) driving there to and from 3 days a week along the M4, Great Western Hwy. Also visiting my grandparents who live in Woollongong 3-4 times a month.

Anyway onto the more exciting stuff. What has happened to it since:

Engine
    Amuse R1 Titan Catback Exhaust
    Injen Cold Air Intake
    Toda Headers with Toda Hi-Flow Cat

Interior
    Kenwood Double Din DVD/Ipod Touchscreen (Bought a new one with bluetooth and nav as the old one didn't have it and stopped working, gave the old one to a friend who got it fixed and now has it in his ep3!)
    Fiji mini-boxing gloves
    Air Freshener
    OEM Type R Floor Mats (Yes the car didn't have any when I bought it..)
    Random Made in China Amp (Got it for free and it does the job)
    Aftermarket Alarm Installed
    Fake Mugen Headrests/Seatbelt cushion thingo's
    Honda cabin air filters

Exterior

Type R Front Grille Badge
    I <3 Jdm Sticker
    ClubITR Sticker
    Integra Type R decal on quater panels (was removed before I guess since car was repainted)
    Clear Indicators (stock ones are orange)
    SSR Type C wheels in gold
    Bridgestone Potenza Front: 235/45/17 (RE001) Rear: 255/40/70 (RE050A)
    changed 3 of the 4 tyres, fronts were bald and left rear had camber wear
    Spoon Resevoir Socks
    Whiteline Adjustable Front Sway Bar

I know its not much but its a start! I don't really have a set goal for this car but ideally i'd like 150-165 kW atw and mainly just something that I can be proud of and at the end of the day happy with my 'work of art'.

Future Mods:
    Hondata K-Pro + tune
    Different IM
    Cams maybe
    Braided Brake Lines
    Slotted Discs
    Better Brake Pads
    Brake caliper change (maybe brembo or spoon for that eye candy)
    Getting that rip/tear in my recaro seat fixed or a different used recaro seat altogether
    Chassis Stiffening (Might give the car some track time)

If you've managed to read that all thank you so much, if not thanks for clicking on this thread anyway :P . It's been just over a year, I can still remember my HSC physics test on November the 4th.. I'm happy that I chose work over partying that time cause now I have something to show for that hard work (the car). Looking back, I wish I had taken pictures of everything I did so far. Would have been nice to see how and what happened to the car day by day. I'll slowly start adding pictures of what I have managed to capture so far..
    This is my story: Life of a uni student/part-time apprentice to be continued..

Some of the cash used to buy the car..

First picture of car, Dad drove it home that day..

Yummy Recaros!!

Random sticker

Random picture at night

Cold air intake just arrived from USA!

What was in the box..

Taken on friend's driveway

Some random pics after washing the car at various times

New Tyres!

Mate holding my new toda headers + cat

Dyno run before headers (injen cai+amuse r1 titan cat back)

Dyno run after headers

My mates newly purchased dc2r!

Shot of me and his car

whole album can be found at : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeofs...7628063557739/
    video of dyno runs :
    http://youtu.be/vEkolwUsqPk
    http://youtu.be/B1acY55pMT8

Peace out
    Shak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0hjSaYCRnA
    Last edited by Shakeel; 09-02-12, 02:53 PM. Reason: update
    Shak's S2000

hope this is not tom aka itrboy's old dc5r...

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
      hope this is not tom aka itrboy's old dc5r...
      why do you say that ?
      Shak's S2000

Comment

welcome mate, look forward to following your build and seeing some pics of the car
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Agreed . nice to see progress of this dc5r

Comment

This is one of the forum users old cars. Im gonna speak to the old owner and see if I can get you a locknut for your wheels (if the old owner hasnt got the nuts off) and also a logbook too me thinks. i'll pm ya
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

picture from Friday after giving the car some good TLC for a couple hours..it's ready and waiting for Sunday. 1 more sleep to go!!

Shak's S2000

Comment

looking SICK! have fun at the meet

Comment

Re: hub rings
                  Don't know if that is the cause of the shaking but if it is, you can buy hub rings to fill out the gap difference between your SSR bore and your car's hub. You'll most likely need 73mm-64.1mm rings, like these for example http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/73-1mm-64...item415f45ba01

P.S - your car is SUPER SHINY!! ^0^

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
                    looking SICK! have fun at the meet
                    Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
                    Re: hub rings
                    Don't know if that is the cause of the shaking but if it is, you can buy hub rings to fill out the gap difference between your SSR bore and your car's hub. You'll most likely need 73mm-64.1mm rings, like these for example http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/73-1mm-64...item415f45ba01

P.S - your car is SUPER SHINY!! ^0^
                    Thanks guys!! Looking forward to seeing you all there
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Hi!...awesome car. Keep it up with the mods. Can't stress enough. Research research research!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                        Hi!...awesome car. Keep it up with the mods. Can't stress enough. Research research research!
                        Thanks for the feedback man !!
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

It was awesome to meet you today man. Hope to see you at the jdmyard annual bbq this saturday
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice meeting you today Shak
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

hey nice meeting you today dude

heres a pic of you car

Comment

Working...
                              X