My new Baby! DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benson View Post
    DC5R's are capable cars! With a few more suspension tweaks im sure Paul's car can dip into the 1:09's with the hankook RS3's. Im certainly impressed with the DC5R's. The K20a preform exceptionally well, held its ground very well on the straights. It recorded a top speed of 176kphs on the GPS logger.
    =] i am Impressed too

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
    Nice car man.
    Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
      DC5R's are capable cars! With a few more suspension tweaks im sure Paul's car can dip into the 1:09's with the hankook RS3's. Im certainly impressed with the DC5R's. The K20a preform exceptionally well, held its ground very well on the straights. It recorded a top speed of 176kphs on the GPS logger.
      Did you find the steering to have a tendency to wander at times or the steering feedback to be a little duller compared to brandons car on double wishbones?

Comment

Just my weekend car

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335799792.049215.jpg

Comment

THOUGHTS OF DC5R ON TRACK

Paul was kind enough to lend me his keys for a few sessions since i never had a real good crack of a dc5r around a track. Weather was COLD, it was quite difficult to get any temps into the rear tyres which caused alot of lift off oversteer (which i dont mind). It took one session to get use to driving a dc5r, quite easy to steer.

Last session i knew the car was capable into the 1.10's but this never eventuate, best was a 1.11.11. Best compile splits from that session looked promising of a low 1.10's.

Paul DC5R has some legs down the straight, stock internally k20a recorded 176km/hr down the main straight before slamming on the brakes. Quite suprised of its top speed considering the cars weight and power output.

OEM LSD doesnt hold that great, another sec could be achieve with a upgraded LSD.

Suspension wise, it was equipped with GAB SS 10kg front and 14kg Rear rest of the suspension componment was factory. It held up great, each damper adjustment could be felt instantly.

Tyres/rim - Rota held up fine, gave it a real good test jumping over ripple strips. 235/40/18 Hankook RS3 are a great street tyre. In the cold weather they could go for 4-5 hot laps before going sloppy.

IMO DC5R are a great base car, they dont need much work to get them going fast. With further suspension tweaks 1.09's is more then possible on street tyres.
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            THOUGHTS OF DC5R ON TRACK

Paul was kind enough to lend me his keys for a few sessions since i never had a real good crack of a dc5r around a track. Weather was COLD, it was quite difficult to get any temps into the rear tyres which caused alot of lift off oversteer (which i dont mind). It took one session to get use to driving a dc5r, quite easy to steer.

Last session i knew the car was capable into the 1.10's but this never eventuate, best was a 1.11.11. Best compile splits from that session looked promising of a low 1.10's.

Paul DC5R has some legs down the straight, stock internally k20a recorded 176km/hr down the main straight before slamming on the brakes. Quite suprised of its top speed considering the cars weight and power output.

OEM LSD doesnt hold that great, another sec could be achieve with a upgraded LSD.

Suspension wise, it was equipped with GAB SS 10kg front and 14kg Rear rest of the suspension componment was factory. It held up great, each damper adjustment could be felt instantly.

Tyres/rim - Rota held up fine, gave it a real good test jumping over ripple strips. 235/40/18 Hankook RS3 are a great street tyre. In the cold weather they could go for 4-5 hot laps before going sloppy.

IMO DC5R are a great base car, they dont need much work to get them going fast. With further suspension tweaks 1.09's is more then possible on street tyres.
            Thanks bro

Comment

new PB at wakey park- 1:13.17

Pissed off because my lap timer said my optiumum lap was a 1:11.3 i have to work on being consistent in my splits

Comment

voltex wing soon :P
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  voltex wing soon :P
                  haha

Comment

After a year of hating on the stock dc5r wing, thought i would change it finnaly :

Comment

wow you got it pretty quickly!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        wow you got it pretty quickly!
                        Overnight!

Comment

Nice Pizzo :O
                          Mugen genuine?

Comment

Wing is looking sexy on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                              Nice Pizzo :O
                              Mugen genuine?
                              Thanks, nah just a Mugen Style
                              Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                              Wing is looking sexy on the car!
                              Yeah man i LOVE it

Comment

Full street car no weight reduction - 1:54.0 on Hankook rs3

Comment

Working...
                                X