Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CITR Forza Motorsport 3 Thread (Awesomeness Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll do one up Felix.

You GT boys can live in denial all the way up to March 2010. Then the bullshit ends and we can finally have a direct comparison.

Comment

Don't know about that :P

I was a GT whore, but forza2 and 3 are getting my vote.
      sigpic

Comment

I just played fm3 on my friends 360.......i gotta say, i was a little disappointed with it...

graphics................lol
        the way the game revs the car before you start a race? why?
        you dont see the driver change gear

but i love the sounds, especially when you go into high-cam, i thought that was pretty deadly.
        k20A DC2R

Comment

I haven't played it yet but I think GT5 will be the best when it hits the PS3, it just always comes out as the best racing game, and prologe already looks pretty good, so the full game should be killer

Comment

had it since last thursday, but struggling to find the time to play!

here's some pics i borrowed from neogaf:

can't wait to start working on my fm3 dc5r!

Comment

hey guys, FM3 *(&#s all over GT5..
              ive been playing it with the xbox steering wheel w/ clutch. its awesome.

add me guys.

gamertag: impreshunz

Comment

DvS-. have u played gt5?? how would you know?

Comment

Touché. How would you know GT5 would be better? Have you stopped to think the delays could have anything to do with Forza 3. At E3 they were talking up December release. The week the Forza 3 reviews came out it was delayed until March. Coincidence?

Comment

wooo more forza players...

add me : wi11iam88

Comment

Last nights tomfoolery.

Comment

as monty has said, how would u know gt5 is better than forza 3? forza 2 was the reason i bought the xbox 360 in the first place and i have found it alot more enjoyable than any GT.

Comment

Nice pics Monty - none of my pissy drag racing though! (thanks you Emu Export!)

Just my AU$0.10 worth on Forza and GT.

FM3 is no where near as polished as I thought it would be - I feel that Turn 10 has rushed out FM3 to get the jump on GT5 and somewhat sold out the hardcore race fan in an effort to make it accessible to a casual gamer.

Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, and I've already had bags of fun with it, the storefront is a brilliant idea, and the game runs smoother than silk at an amazing framerate. The main issue I have with the game though is the multiplayer - The online matchmaking absolutely blows. Try hopping into a quickmatch with your C class DC2r (not happening! as you can only race Aspec - R1's). System link has also been removed, so no lan racing evenings. The only way to really enjoy online racing is to get in a party with like minded racers (thanks CLUBitr!)

GT5 - well we'll wait and see. I own GT5 Prologue and that's pretty for what it is. A tech demo.
                          Polyphony Digital are renouned for dragging things out - I hope that their tardyness in developing GT5 is due to them polishing the GAMEPLAY to high heaven, and not just using the time to give me 50+ variants of the Nissan Skyline.
                          I picked up GT for the PSP last month which was supposed to be a launch title! (only 5 years late). GT PSP has been a bit of a let down for most people. Quantity over Quality ( 800+ cars of which 46 - yes 46 are skylines! There's NO Career mode and limited tuning options)

Whichever side of the fanboi fence you sit though - there's never been a better time to be a gamer.

By the way does anyone play Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Mario Kart on here?

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonZ View Post
                            Nice pics Monty - none of my pissy drag racing though! (thanks you Emu Export!)

Just my AU$0.10 worth on Forza and GT.

FM3 is no where near as polished as I thought it would be - I feel that Turn 10 has rushed out FM3 to get the jump on GT5 and somewhat sold out the hardcore race fan in an effort to make it accessible to a casual gamer.

Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, and I've already had bags of fun with it, the storefront is a brilliant idea, and the game runs smoother than silk at an amazing framerate. The main issue I have with the game though is the multiplayer - The online matchmaking absolutely blows. Try hopping into a quickmatch with your C class DC2r (not happening! as you can only race Aspec - R1's). System link has also been removed, so no lan racing evenings. The only way to really enjoy online racing is to get in a party with like minded racers (thanks CLUBitr!)

GT5 - well we'll wait and see. I own GT5 Prologue and that's pretty for what it is. A tech demo.
                            Polyphony Digital are renouned for dragging things out - I hope that their tardyness in developing GT5 is due to them polishing the GAMEPLAY to high heaven, and not just using the time to give me 50+ variants of the Nissan Skyline.
                            I picked up GT for the PSP last month which was supposed to be a launch title! (only 5 years late). GT PSP has been a bit of a let down for most people. Quantity over Quality ( 800+ cars of which 46 - yes 46 are skylines! There's NO Career mode and limited tuning options)

Whichever side of the fanboi fence you sit though - there's never been a better time to be a gamer.

By the way does anyone play Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Mario Kart on here?
                            I play mario kart on my Wii??

Cant wait GT5 to come out & thats precisely the reason it is taken so long to be released, its gonna be the best race car game to date.

The only thing that annoys me with the GT games is the licencing, ide like to be able to just get straight into it & race.

Comment

[QUOTE=Type S Tony;159106]I play mario kart on my Wii??[QUOTE]
                              Have to organise a Kart Night once I can work out how to send and wtf my friend code is!
                              I've not played for a while but tend to lose all my "race points" regularly on a saturday night due to pissy driving when the kids visit. (Thanks Emu Export )

Comment

[QUOTE=SpoonZ;159109][QUOTE=Type S Tony;159106]I play mario kart on my Wii??
                                Have to organise a Kart Night once I can work out how to send and wtf my friend code is!
                                I've not played for a while but tend to lose all my "race points" regularly on a saturday night due to pissy driving when the kids visit. (Thanks Emu Export )
                                LOL, Yeah sounds sweet, I havent even hooked up my Wii online yet becuase that glory is saved for the ps3 but ill try do it tonight anyway.

Whats your fav character & car combination, i like luigi in the nostalgia mobile

Comment

Working...
                                X