R35 warranty issues :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much computer intervention..

If i pay $175k for a GTR i want some dori dori action.. (then have the company spend 20k fixing it for me..)

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
      Too much computer intervention..

If i pay $175k for a GTR i want some dori dori action.. (then have the company spend 20k fixing it for me..)

if you want some "dori dori" action then you'd get a rear wheel drive car

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

what's that saying about making something idiot proof and only an idiot will use it?
        If you want to make something idiot proof then build a better idiot.

The VDC "off" is there to achieve that launch 0-100 time. They don't recommend that it be done, but for their marketing purposes it's as if it needed to be ther so people wouldn't cry shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by titan View Post
          Ignore him. Steve thinks he car skando flick his DC2 through the fish hook.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
            If you want to make something idiot proof then build a better idiot.
            do you wonder why the USDM got it BEFORE the EUDM???
            ... retired/

Comment

Ignore him. Steve thinks he car skando flick his DC2 through the fish hook.

Nuff said.

(I can Sam!~!~!!one)

Comment

This is just begining for GTR, I respect it and love it but would never buy it, just wait for more gtrs on streets and you'll see weak points, it was always problem with nissan high performance cars (300Z, GTR's ect), if you push them too hard they'll brake something and servicing costs are always very high, as we will see with R35.

They wanted to say they can do 0-100km/h faster than most supercars so that's why they put that thing in, that's what's selling GTR R35, supercar performance for 1/3rd of price, but what you get is something different, you can have that performance but good luck with gearbox ect, plus nissan made a nice owners booklet where they cover their ass when something goes wrong.
                in my opinion you get what you pay for, end of story.

Also I read somewhere the other day that porshe bought one GTR R35 and took it to ring to do testing, they could not come within 10s of nissans claimed time around the ring, they did so much testing that some of the parts need replacing, when they asked nissan germany for parts they didn't want to help.
                Their concusion is when nissan was doing testing car was either running on racing tyres (slicks) or it had more power that what stock R35 has (prob boosted up)

So yeah lots of stories coming up about GTR
                Last edited by Ljubo (LJ); 17-10-08, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubo (LJ) View Post
                  This is just begining for GTR, I respect it and love it but would never buy it, just wait for more gtrs on streets and you'll see weak points, it was always problem with nissan high performance cars (300Z, GTR's ect), if you push them too hard they'll brake something and servicing costs are always very high, as we will see with R35.

They wanted to say they can do 0-100km/h faster than most supercars so that's why they put that thing in, that's what's selling GTR R35, supercar performance for 1/3rd of price, but what you get is something different, you can have that performance but good luck with gearbox ect, plus nissan made a nice owners booklet where they cover their ass when something goes wrong.
                  in my opinion you get what you pay for, end of story.

Also I read somewhere the other day that porshe bought one GTR R35 and took it to ring to do testing, they could not come within 10s of nissans claimed time around the ring, they did so much testing that some of the parts need replacing, when they asked nissan germany for parts they didn't want to help.
                  Their concusion is when nissan was doing testing car was either running on racing tyres (slicks) or it had more power that what stock R35 has (prob boosted up)

So yeah lots of stories coming up about GTR
                  Servicing expensive? Let's not forget it's a SUPERCAR. In comparison to an Enzo it's as cheap as it gets. It's all relative. Let's not forget the performance of this car before dismissing it because it's expensive to service.

That story has been debunked. Porsche used their engineers to drive the car, not professional drivers. One way to sort it out is a battle royale at the ring.

Nissan even sent footage of the R35 with those tyres on it when it completed the lap. And out of the kindness of their own hearts offered driving lessons to the Porsche engineers.

Comment

Servicing expensive? Let's not forget it's a SUPERCAR. In comparison to an Enzo it's as cheap as it gets. It's all relative. Let's not forget the performance of this car before dismissing it because it's expensive to service.

Can you please explain why the NSX, Type R from Honda have been so reliable.

i believe when the NSX first came out the only problem people complained about was Tyre wear.

I bet Servicing cost of the NSX is nowhere near as high as some of the exotics of it's day.
                    /Oo ___H___ oO\
                    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

yes, a SUPERCAR with caveats
                      ... retired/

Comment

(i know, i know, the Italians' supercars have more caveats than anyone, but hey, that is the beauty of an Italian supercar - compared to the blandness of a Japanese supercar...)
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                          Can you please explain why the NSX, Type R from Honda have been so reliable.

i believe when the NSX first came out the only problem people complained about was Tyre wear.

I bet Servicing cost of the NSX is nowhere near as high as some of the exotics of it's day.
                          I think you should get a quote for servicing an NSX before making that claim.

It's also nowhere near as fast as the current supercars by which we are comparing here. It's not an apples with apples comparison. The reason why the NSX is so reliable is because it doesn't push boundaries. It was a simple V6 MR setup with great balance and handling. For example, the Toyota Aurion V6 produces just as much power and more torque than the NSX. You're comparing running costs of an NA 206kW V6 to a 380kW twin turbo V6.

In my opinion, the difference between the NSX and GTR is the theory behind it. The NSX was quick thanks to amazing balance and cornering. The GTR had all round acceleration and handling. Honda didn't step outside the supercar design tehory, just enhanced it. Nissan created a menacing new car with state of the art technology. Let's not forget the GTR was quicker than the NSX, with 400kgs more weight and same power output (206kW). That is very similar to the R35. It's close to 1,800kg and is quicker than it's lighter counterparts thanks to it's AWD grip and power delivery.

Even back in R32/33 days people will tell you the GTR was a very expensive car to maintain thanks to the technology employed. It should come as no surprise that the current GTR is the same.
                          Last edited by m0nty; 17-10-08, 10:42 AM.

Comment

this story is amazing. i read everbody's comments and agree with some but
                            my underlying opinion is that it should be able to be thrashed, just as hard
                            as the rb26 was.

No offence tink but i dont agree with the gps idea. thats so limiting and how
                            could you control yourself...

obviously the box is shit, and the 0-100 figure should be
                            revised. Nissan should know that the kind of people that spend this
                            amount on a skyline rather than a european sports, will most likely use
                            the power its supposed to have and handle.

personally i would be shattered...
                            DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
                              No offence tink but i dont agree with the gps idea. thats so limiting and how could you control yourself...
                              did you know that the 180 speed limiter is only disabled in Japan if the GPS senses it is at a "Nissan Approved" race track?

hence my *joke* about the same thing with LC...

i thought it was a bit too subtle...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Well it's supercar only if you press THE BUTTON, and if you press THE BUTTON you may fu#k the gearbox, and if you fu#k the gearbox because THE BUTTON was pressed your warranty goes up in the air and you have to pay a very uncool $20000.

Nissan should market it as a supercar but for limited time only, and than in small writting that nobody ever reads write it has no warranty if you press THE BUTTON hehe

My opinion of supercar is abuse it, trash it and don't worry about anything fu#king up, and even if something does f#ck up warranty will cover it, that's why I like GT3 RS, build for track and trashing.

For me this nissan policy with GTR is same as if honda told us type r fans/owners for example, it has 220hp at 8000rpm, 0-100km/h 6s, but if you go over 6500rpm your are not covered by warranty, because there is a chance if you go all the way to redline the engine will blow up.
                                Would honda sell any of those cars?? would I buy honda, NOOOOOOOOO
                                This is why I love honda type Rs, they are made to be driven hard, may not be the fastest out there but they last and can take more punishment than any other cars.
                                My mate has EVO 6 TME, pretty fast little bit modded, but the thing is he is afraid to push it hard because something may brake, same story with my other mates STI, I'm trying to get them to go for track day but no way, they are afraid their cars may brake.

So what's the point of having power and killer performance (on paper) if you can't use it in real life??? this question should be sent to MR Nissan

Comment

Working...
                                X