R35 warranty issues :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R35 warranty issues :)

Goes to show you need to read the fine print.

Nissan will not cover damage due to misuse of:
    Operating the vehicle with VDC off, except when rocking vehicle when stuck in mud or snow.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....pic=25361&st=0

Last edited by FunkyR; 16-10-08, 08:25 AM.
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Hmm interesting read.

Looks like they can track how the car is driven, which imho for the GTR is a load of crap.

Whats the point of a sports performance car if you cannot push it to its limits.

I think the transmission also failed on a track test on best motoring as well.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

what a heap of BS that is.....

Comment

isnt that the same for most manufacturers that have cars with launch control..

Comment

thats pretty funny... there is a clear warranty warning on the dash lol

So what happens on a track day, when you wanna push it and you break the $20k transmission?
          thats shit as on Nissan's part.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            thats pretty funny... there is a clear warranty warning on the dash lol
            /facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
              /facepalm
              /facepalm

Comment

^

lol

pretty appropriate right now
                v

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                  /facepalm
                  ur a facepalm
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by titan View Post
                    isnt that the same for most manufacturers that have cars with launch control..
                    Yes it is. It's covered in owners manuals. Any damage from use at a track or rally isn't covered by any manufacturer. I forget the exact terminology but I understand why they do it.

The M5 and M6 are the same as the GTR. The Veyron even sends top speed info to the factory after each drive. They do it to monitor continued heavy usage and abuse. You can't claim that 100,000kms of road use is the same as 100,000kms of track use so proportionally the figures will change depending on how the car is driven.

If you had blown a gearbox at a track day would you expect the manufacturer to replace it?
                    Last edited by m0nty; 16-10-08, 09:14 AM.

Comment

^
                      thought so,

but i do know of a person who had an e46 m3 and his somehow his drivetrain gave up ... warranty issue somewhere around 20 to 30g i think it cost BMW to fix

Comment

teh gtr can neva lose !

Comment

Interesting read... can't wait for the car to come out here and for all the reports to run wild.

Also read that Nissan won't do any warrenty jobs or even service/repair an "grey imports"

Comment

i believe this is the same guy:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/997...-transmission/

The word coming from one disgruntled American R35 GT-R owner is that Nissan has refused to replace a damaged GT-R transmission “due to abuse”. The unhappy owner has recently relayed his dealings with an American Nissan dealership as he attempts to have his destroyed GT-R transmission covered under warranty.

Nissan however claims that the black-box computer has registered “excessive” driving with the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) switched off, which must be done in order to use the Launch Control function, which voids the warranty as stated in the handbook.

Now you can be certain there’s more to both sides of this argument. Of interest though is that Nissan has endowed the GT-R with a Launch Control function that seemingly voids the warranty if you choose to use it. What point is a 3.4 second 0-100km/h sprint time if the only way to achieve it is by voiding your warranty?

What’s not mentioned is how many times the VDC was switched off or Launch Control was used but the repair bill is reportedly in the vicinity of USD$20,000 (which suggests a completely cactus ‘box). Tuning Garages across Japan have been working with the GT-R for some time now and at this stage, to our knowledge, only MCR have come forward to say they’ve had gearbox issues, and that’s after some very hefty track use and more power than standard.

It will be very interesting to see how this one plays out. Should the usage of an included factory option be responsible for voiding your warranty? If not, where’s the line in the sand that differentiates ‘expected’ from ‘excessive’ use?
                            2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

Where did Chi's post go?

In response to "why put it on there if it's not warranted?"

These cars are also owned outside of warranty periods. The car is built with performance in mind. They know that in doing that you produce a car that can go outside the realms of normal reliability and will risk damage to the car. People would be more upset if the GTR was gimped in the name of reliability.

I think the issue with the GTR is it's price. It is built like a supercar but does not have the price tag associated with a Porsche, Lamborghini, Pagani or Ferrari, so you get a slightly different clientel. I'd be pissed if I had broken a gearbox that costs $20k too, but if I look at the 20 or so launhces I had performed in it with the VDC turned off, after signing a waiver, I'd be a right knob to think that Nissan were going to pay for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X