No announcement yet.

Convince me to get a DC5-r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahah, well i was forced to have to consider the s15, evo 6, wrx...etc...

but now i have my hopes up again that ill be able to turn a dc5 into a car that i enjoy driving.

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
      Sorry, for no reply for a while.

Thanks for all the info, really.

The replies pertaining to the substantial changes in feel between a stock and a lightly modified dc5 are what i am looking for as i am intending on modding (I/H/E + Swaybars and suspension).

To answer your initial questions, would prefer a dc5 as - newer and cheaper to insure, looks hot, k series. The DC2 ITR whilst being a great car to drive feels a bit dated in both interior and exterior styling. The fact i have owned a dc2 for the past 2.5 years means that now, presented with the possibility of upgrading would prefer a different, hopefully better driving experience.

S2k would stretch the budget (25-32K) greatly in order to find one in good condition and it is also probably not the most practical choice.

I am in Melb, so if anyone can possibly take me for a spin that would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately its not such a simple buy what you like to drive equation.

Kinda sounds like your leaning towards the dc5R neway..

its a good choice in car to mod and respond very well to I/H/E and such

Plenty of good Choice DC5 to have a run around in in melb or atleast a a quick spin

we got your everyday cruiser to your everyday ricer (a particular car with Bc3 Zorst haha kidding mugsee)

actually with what your planing to mod, Mugsee car would probably be the prime example to sit in since the mods he has done is about what u want to do the rest of them has already done ECU
      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
      X