Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DC5R Owner

Originally posted by tyk View Post
    will: yeah new front bar installing next few days. It is stock at the moment with Exedy HD clutch and lightened flywheels I beleive. Over the long term I plan to have big budget for this one, since I will be stuck on Ps for 3 years. Gruppe M will probably go in first then Mugen or Hasport mounts. Then exhaust Spoon or Futjisubo. Tein coilovers and Spoon brakes and Hondata are planned but will most likely be quite far down the track.

jdm.itr: Yes that's the one, from a forum member. Sunroof is great for daily drive. We are both L's on CW DC5RS ! Hope to see ya JDM version someday.
    Seems like you have good plans for the future, similar to mine actually haha, when do you get your licence?
    Yeah my bros got one in his dc2, I love it, but ah well haha
    You'll prob see it at the next clubitr meet
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

I should have my license in a few weeks just getting more practice reversing, still stall sometimes when not careful in reversing. I want to do the test in my car but its not the smoothest ride I might borrow a Suzuki Swift then it should be much easier.

Comment

Re: New DC5R Owner

Don't do the test in a DC5 mate... immediate fail as stock speedo position doesn't allow the instructor to see your speed properly. I learnt the hard way.

Comment

New DC5R Owner

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
          Don't do the test in a DC5 mate... immediate fail as stock speedo position doesn't allow the instructor to see your speed properly. I learnt the hard way.
          I was thinking this too, but sitting in the passenger of my dc5 that has the jdm cluster, I can see the whole speedo? Would that make a difference you reckon?
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Re: New DC5R Owner

Iunno. In my bullshit opinion, they see an L Plater in a nice sports car and they find reasons to not give you a licence... my driving instructor could see the speedo okay with adjustment of the passenger seat.

Comment

Thanks for the advice..I guess it depends on the tester. I know someone who did it in base DC5 which is the same layout and had no problems.

Comment

Front bar, Enkei and KU31s on now.

Got blue nuts as I am planning Spoon calipers in the future. Loving the grip of new tyres.

GruppeM intake and engine mounts are next..still deciding between Mugen and Hardrace or Hasport..not many people run Mugen mounts but from forums they seem best for a daily car which is what my car is for now, as they seem to have lowest vibrations. Anyone running mugen mounts got any opinions of them ?

Comment

Make a Build thread and put progress in there
                  BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                  APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                  Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                  NSEX

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                      Will do.
                      Any better photos of the wheels and new bumper?
                      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Check the other thread out in members ride !

Comment

Working...
                        X