No announcement yet.

[Circuit Club] 5th Year Anno Trackday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will take a spot if someone wants to give it to me.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
      what happen?
      i was installing the OEM water to oil cooler (as this is going to improve my thermal regulation a LOT!),

and did not have a M14 x 1.5 tap (B20B does not have the coolant return hole like B16A or B18C) so instaed of routing the coolant outlet to the back of the block, ran it to the back of the head - this made the temp skyrocket!

but i think i have sussed it out

i need to run the line to the heater hose (with a tee), not the the thermostat bypass hose inlet.

the thermostat bypass hose seems to be *required* to flow coolant past the thermostat to heat it up so it opens.

by deleting this section of the cooling path, the thermo was not heating up and therefore the thermo was stuck closed.

*cliff notes*

not really 'broken', just not fixed proplery - will fix tonight.

BTW - you BYP guys got a M14 x 1.5 tap i can borrow sometime later to do it properly??
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
        Will take a spot if someone wants to give it to me.
        sorry, see above
        ... retired/

Comment

If there is an issue with it, and you need to get rid of your spot... Please let me know.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Forecast for Saturday
            Isolated showers, contracting to the west. West to northwest winds.

Goulburn : Becoming fine. Min: 13 Max: 26

Comment

size of tyre of the semi slicks? what rims are they on?

OEM Rims, OEM Size - 195/55/15

Maybe they just have to wear in?
              "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeh dont be to worry about it. Just drive it
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  i was installing the OEM water to oil cooler (as this is going to improve my thermal regulation a LOT!),

and did not have a M14 x 1.5 tap (B20B does not have the coolant return hole like B16A or B18C) so instaed of routing the coolant outlet to the back of the block, ran it to the back of the head - this made the temp skyrocket!

but i think i have sussed it out

i need to run the line to the heater hose (with a tee), not the the thermostat bypass hose inlet.

the thermostat bypass hose seems to be *required* to flow coolant past the thermostat to heat it up so it opens.

by deleting this section of the cooling path, the thermo was not heating up and therefore the thermo was stuck closed.

*cliff notes*

not really 'broken', just not fixed proplery - will fix tonight.

BTW - you BYP guys got a M14 x 1.5 tap i can borrow sometime later to do it properly??
                  Biggest tap size i have is M12x1.5. We usually tap the stock location B series block and run the stock cooler fittings. You also need a B16a or ITR water pipe with the thermostat casing.

Isnt your aftermarket oil cooler sufficent?
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Built. Tuned. Driven
                  Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Biggest tap size i have is M12x1.5. We usually tap the stock location B series block and run the stock cooler fittings. You also need a B16a or ITR water pipe with the thermostat casing.
                    yeah, i have the ITR rear pipe.
                    Isnt your aftermarket oil cooler sufficent?
                    no, my oil hits 120 after 5 laps, and coolant is at 85 degrees (PWR radiator).

such a vast difference is not healthy IMO.

nor is 120+ degrees oil.

it is OK for supersprints, but a track day you wnat to be out for more than 5 laps...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Just had the nail removed from the semi - paid $30 for the re-plugging.

All set for Saturday!

Comment

is there going to be a premeet or something along those lines ?
                        "Success is 99% Failure"
                        Soichiro Honda.
                        sigpic

Comment

We all going down Friday night...

Comment

Originally posted by -Ad- View Post
                            is there going to be a premeet or something along those lines ?
                            yes there will be
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              yes there will be
                              awesome

Comment

Think i am going to come down and check this out, if i wake up before noon

Comment

Working...
                                X