Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDM.FTW View Post
    hey guys,

Would first timers require any training before going into the track with otheres?

Is there any rules/ requirements to enter the track...

thanks,
    Usually on Circuit club events, they break people up into groups A, B and C.
    Beginners usually go into C.
    They do have brefings before hand but thats tips for what you should do when you go off the track or letting people over take you.
    The driving is all up to you, there should be other drivers there who you can help you out if you ask nicely .

Have fun

Comment

Cant wait!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        nah, 8am @ goulburn, not wakie...

i usually goto the cafe on main street for pre-track brekky, then get to wakie at 815ish...
        Sounds like a winnar. Might tag along for brekky.

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
        Do you mind if I come in your car for one session? Also Fatboys... can I come in one of your cars?
        Yeah possible. Gonna be testing a few things so might be in the arvo sometime.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
          I have been told that semi's dont last that long and its best to drive down on street tyres to preserve them...

Is this an exaggeration?
          Yes people are exaggerating. Make sure its pump up to around 38psi on the drive down and lower it for the track.

You wont waste that much tread
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

I have been told that semi's dont last that long and its best to drive down on street tyres to preserve them...

Is this an exaggeration?
            I always drive down on my semi's driven down on them 3 times, and 3 track days, and left them on for a few days before and after... still 60-70% tread left.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            Yeah possible. Gonna be testing a few things so might be in the arvo sometime.
            Please man... I really want to learn some parts of the track, which I have troubles with. Mainly the top of the hill... turn 4-5 and 6 I think it is...

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Alrighty then - Drive down with semi's

Suitable attire for those without race suits would be jeans and long sleeve T Shirt?

I would be more inclined to shorts and a t shirt but this would not comply with regulations would it?
              "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

you must wear long sleeve shirts and pants to your ankles.
                Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Alrighty then - Drive down with semi's

Suitable attire for those without race suits would be jeans and long sleeve T Shirt?

I would be more inclined to shorts and a t shirt but this would not comply with regulations would it?
                  Yeah just wear non-flammable stuff, and stuff that won't melt to your skin if you were in a fire. I normally wear jeans, and a long sleeved t-shirt.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post

Please man... I really want to learn some parts of the track, which I have troubles with. Mainly the top of the hill... turn 4-5 and 6 I think it is...

Come see us during the day.
                    Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                      Come see us during the day.
                      Legen.....dary!

Comment

Everyday driving my oil sits at 90 degrees, tells me that i wont be getting many laps in..

=\

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                          Everyday driving my oil sits at 90 degrees, tells me that i wont be getting many laps in..

=\

About right. Oil should be somewhat 10 degree higher then water temp. If you see 100 degree in hot weather dont be faze.
                          Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post

=\
                            hehehe.

Comment

i think we got a great group of Honda's going... good mix of n00bs and experience

i sure will help out those who ask me, i weill be in Group A, so i'll easily be able to help group C and D peeps...

R888's are fine on the freeway. no corners = no wear.
                              ... retired/

Comment

Tinks, if I end up driving, i'll be in your group too. But will sit one out, in order to get some training from yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X