No announcement yet.

DC5R Track Day Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey hey, i might actually make it for the shift day to drive, but won't be able to confirm til later tonite

Comment

i sent my Shift entry in today...

see you there Carl
      ... retired/

Comment

Ohh sweet as

See you there mate

Comment

Guys,
          im now on the look out for a set of new brake pads...
          What brand would you recommend and could you point me in the direction of where i need to go to get them??
          Please keep in mind, running OEM Brake lines and Rotors...

Thanks
          Will change brake fluid to Motul RBF600 prior to my track day.

SpoonS, if i can depending on how im feeling, i'll possibly come pick you up if you want... i don't mind picking up strangers lol

Comment

Just bought Ferodo DS2500 for my track day in Nov about 30 sec ago. Have heard good things about them. Have been running EBC greens which are ok but super dusty and a bit noisy. I'm still using stock rotors, so when I put in slotted with the Ferodo's I should feel a bigger difference.
            Last edited by M@lew; 20-10-10, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              Guys,
              im now on the look out for a set of new brake pads...
              What brand would you recommend and could you point me in the direction of where i need to go to get them??
              Please keep in mind, running OEM Brake lines and Rotors...

Thanks
              Will change brake fluid to Motul RBF600 prior to my track day.

SpoonS, if i can depending on how im feeling, i'll possibly come pick you up if you want... i don't mind picking up strangers lol
              I highly recommend Endless brake pads. Either the Type R's or MX72's. They never faded, constant pressure, great stopping power, and they don't make any noise at all. I used them with my stock rotors and brake lines with no problems. Endless are by far my favourite brake pads.

And don't worry about picking me up, as i don't intend to get there until around 10ish, and i have to go to work after. Thanks for the offer though

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
                I highly recommend Endless brake pads. Either the Type R's or MX72's. They never faded, constant pressure, great stopping power, and they don't make any noise at all. I used them with my stock rotors and brake lines with no problems. Endless are by far my favourite brake pads.

And don't worry about picking me up, as i don't intend to get there until around 10ish, and i have to go to work after. Thanks for the offer though
                No worries, where can i get these pads from mate??
                Is it worth getting front and rear or use front and use OEM rear??

Cheers

Comment

Ive used EBC red and they are fine for me but need a lap to warm up first. Just be careful with the pads you choose to determine if they need to be properly warmed up or not.
                  DS2500 are considered a great pad amongst a lot of people here.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Hey guys revival of an old thread as i don't want to make a new one.
                    Just had a track day (EXE) on the (20th-21st Can't remember date) and im hoping to attend the Queens Birthday Tampered Motorsport Day to get some more track experience.

Last track day i had the brakes bled, oil change with filter and gearbox oil.
                    Should i go about changing my engine oil again before June 11th? The car hasn't been driven since coming back from Winton a week ago.

I will check the condition of my pads and rotors of course.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Just check the oil level and top up if needed. I doubt you'd need a full change if you just did it before EXE. Mine was low after doing both the days so I needed to top up and flushed my oil only 2 days before.

Comment

The car hasn't been driven since coming back from Winton a week ago.
                        did you race at winton?

(hint - the answer to this determines whether you change your oil)
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          did you race at winton?

(hint - the answer to this determines whether you change your oil)
                          If you read my post correctly you would know that I did.
                          If your implying that I should becaused I raced then please just say so.

Thanks for the opinion Matt, I had it changed two days so I might follow what you said depending if I can find time this week
                          Last edited by MYDC5R; 28-05-12, 04:59 PM.

Comment

If you read my post correctly you would know that I did.
                            sorry, I did not read it thoroughly.

I will try harder in the future.
                            ... retired/

Comment

I'd be comfortable running another day at the track on the same oil, I did 3 days in a row in a certain other red car that was running similar times (). Also my rule with the Integra has been to always change the oil after 2 track days and it is still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X