DC5R Track Day Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Track Day Prep

I got my first track day on the 22nd November =D SO EXCITED!!

Making the long drive to wakefield park from melbourne so will be a awesome drive, leaving a day prior so i can sleep a night to rest up

I've got new tyres, got abit of scrubbing but nothing over the top that's caused me any problems...

Im wondering what things should i aim to get done prior to my track day up there?? (Shift Performance Track Day)

What should i aim to bring with me aswell etc...
    I know the necessities are a helmet, no flamable clothing but any other recommendations would be good guys
    I'll have my car serviced minorly, motor oil changed over and front pads changed prior to the drive up there...
    Everything else seems fine as im getting my engine warning light checked this week...

Appreciate it guys

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Carl

wow youre driving from melb just for track day thats dedication man, apart from that just bring about 2l of oil just incase you need to top up. clothing is long pants,long sleeve shirt,enclosed shoes. extra money for the licence i think it was 70 for yearly. are you in group d???

Comment

and i thought driving 2hrs to wakefield was a mission

Comment

Yeah im in Group D, well i thought what would be a good way to have my first track day..
        how about a fucking trip to NSW...
        Shift Performance is one of my shops where i buy a fair few parts from aswell as JDMConcept and abit from JDMYard but yeah... I've heard wakefield is a decent track and im prepared to drive up

Going for a 4 trip sorta...
        21st arrive.. relax...
        22nd Race
        23rd Drive to Sydney... Kick bak
        24th Drive home..

Trying to get mates to come or else ill go alone

Interesting but yeah...

Anything else apart from oil??
        I don't know how to change brake pads lol...

I really wanna get into racing and while im still 19, i wanna try get a natural gift for it aswell as work full time... if everything goes how your dreams think, i'd love to do something similar like M0nty (Sam) has done....

But will see how we go, this is just one event of many i plan to hit up

Any more suggestions?
        Last edited by MYDC5R; 12-10-10, 04:53 PM.

Comment

while your at it, change your brake fluid. (MOTUL RBF600)
          There is nothing worse than hitting the anchors and nothing happening at the end of the straight.

Comment

More advice please

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
              while your at it, change your brake fluid. (MOTUL RBF600)
              There is nothing worse than hitting the anchors and nothing happening at the end of the straight.
              agreed this is the most important thing to change imo, after my first time at wakey all the stock fluids boiled off, i changed it to neoracing fluid and the fade was much less the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                agreed this is the most important thing to change imo, after my first time at wakey all the stock fluids boiled off, i changed it to neoracing fluid and the fade was much less the second time around.
                Well sounds good dude,
                where can i obtain this fluid from??

Also, how many laps roughly should it be good for??
                Cause i don't have an oil cooler im going to be doing laps like this..
                Run In...
                Hot...
                Cool off...
                Hot...
                Cool Off...
                Etc....

Smart way to go about it?

Comment

i got the neoracing from touge tune, but a lot of guys here use motul performance brake fluid i thinks, not sure where the cheapest place to get it is, i think i paid like $120 a liter for my one.

your fine to do a few hot laps wakefield isnt very long, the sessions are 10mins if im not mistaken, doing 5 hot laps wont hurt the engine if the oil is good quality and fresh.

Comment

All good advice so far. Motul RBF600 can often be had for a decent price from motorbike shops, otherwise Autobarn stocks it. You will need 1L as a minimum for a full flush.

In regards to cool down laps, I have never bothered and have often run many full speed laps back to back and never had a problem. Completely stock cooling system. Doing a cool down lap every 4th lap or so can't hurt though and will give you time to cool your head a little and think about your line/technique.

What oil and brake pads were you going to use?

Comment

OEM Pads and OEM Oil....

Comment

I found that OEM pads did not last well on track, although that was back when I first started tracking and was probably pretty hard on the brakes and generally haphazard in my driving. That might have contributed to the heavy wear.

Plenty of guys use Honda FEO on track, just make sure you keep an eye on the level and be aware that the oil may not tolerate high temperatures as well as a synthetic .

Comment

Dont forget the race tape!
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

thanks guys, going to get my car serviced prior, anything i should get changed apart from

OIL
                            OIL Filter (MUGEN )
                            Brake Fluid

??

Comment

Gearbox fluid?

Comment

Working...
                              X