Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L Plater on the track?

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    i have seen a lot of people come and go on this forum, and no - not all of them could actually drive very well...

at least you seem confident - that is an important part of being on a race track; being confident to make a split second decision at exactly the right moment...
    Yeah mate that's true..
    After my experience at winton not long ago, I've just got the biggest urge to try it out.
    Just want to have a go and see how I go, so later I can modify my car accordingly and find out what I need to improve from a drivers perspective.
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
      Yeah mate that's true..
      After my experience at winton not long ago, I've just got the biggest urge to try it out.
      Just want to have a go and see how I go, so later I can modify my car accordingly and find out what I need to improve from a drivers perspective.
      yeah yeah, for sure! that is a very good and mature perspective to take, but i just didn't want the:

Just grab yourself a cams license so you can go to any track
      approach to be the only voice in this thread...

i hope you get your car before year 12 gets too hectic for you too
      ... retired/

Comment

L Plater on the track?

Nothing will beat some kind of driver training at the track by the pros. You will learn a large amount from just one session.

I made the mistake of hitting the track solo prior (don't consider my self a bad driver an think i do ok) but wish I did some driver training first. Now I'm trying to change the little bad habits I have.
        Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
        http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Re: L Plater on the track?

If you are after somewhere to start, driver dynamics hold track days one sunday a month at sandown. Price is $350 but you get access to instructors all day and watch some amazing cars when your not on the track. Otherwise PIARC have days with instructors as well tho im not sure of the prices
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Best advice i could give ya. First time on the track, do not try to be superman as you'll only hurt yourself or your car or someone else... Just get a feel for the track for your first ever time there (maybe 2 times) and slowly build upon that.. If you spin out, think about what you've done wrong etc and learn from it.
            Everyone is just looking out for you here that's all!

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
              Nothing will beat some kind of driver training at the track by the pros. You will learn a large amount from just one session.

I made the mistake of hitting the track solo prior (don't consider my self a bad driver an think i do ok) but wish I did some driver training first. Now I'm trying to change the little bad habits I have.
              Thanks for the advice, as most of you guys are saying, I should start looking into some driver training.

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
              If you are after somewhere to start, driver dynamic,s hold track days one sunday a month at sandown. Price is $350 but you get access to instructors all day and watch some amazing cars when your not on the track. Otherwise PIARC have days with instructors as well tho im not sure of the prices
              Thanks for the advice, will defiantly check that out!

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              Best advice i could give ya. First time on the track, do not try to be superman as you'll only hurt yourself or your car or someone else... Just get a feel for the track for your first ever time there (maybe 2 times) and slowly build upon that.. If you spin out, think about what you've done wrong etc and learn from it.
              Everyone is just looking out for you here that's all!
              Yeah that's exactly what I plan on doing, I won't be to fussed with my time, just wanna get a feel for the track and build from there.. Love your DC5R btw!
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Working...
              X