F1 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 2012

For the F1 fans, what do you think about qualification today?

1) Crap that Raikonnen had the steering issues and didn't get too many laps in which may have contributed to not making past Q1 session.

2) I thought Kobayashi would have made it to Q3.

3) Lotus Renault has race pace judging by Grojean.

4) Red Bull is not looking as smooth.....not the top car atm?

5) What is this Double DRS controversy with the Mercedes cars? When I google, I only get results relating to double drs zones....

6) Great to see two Aussies in top 10.....but it's going to be a tough outing for them tomorrow.

7) Sauber and Williams look competitive.

And frickin great that it's not raining tomorrow!!!

Comment

wish i had watched it - was fishing and only fed updates from my wife via SMS...

she said lewis did amazing fastest lap to clinch it!
      ... retired/

Comment

Hey what's a good F1 iPhone app?
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I was there yesterday and I was very disappointed. I'm a bit of a die hard fan of Ferrari so seeing both go out in Q2 really pissed me off. My childhood idol was always Schumacher and Iv met him a few times, I was hoping he would get his front row spot but It was taken away, shattered! Kimi just needed the time, the car is clearly fast I'm looking forward to this season a lot more than other because of the fact that it isn't a one make battle, backmarkers are giving the elite teams a run for their money, even Ferrari!!
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

senna looks good!..
            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
            Flickr
            my car blog - Have a read
            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I hope to see Raikonnen, Ricciardo and Senna do well today.

Malaysia is going to be very different and would be interesting to see how it varies between today's result and the next weekend............

Comment

Thought I might add a little on the Mercedes DRS.

Basically I went to Mercedes to take a look yesterday. When the wing is open (in DRS) there is a small duct behind the open area where air filters through. this duct rushes the air through the body and towards the front nose cone. where is exits through just below the upper wishbone. This means, that during DRS they reduce rear drag, but gives the front better aero as the extra air pushes the wing closer to the track. No one can seem to find the duct heading down the car and this is how mercedes got away with it.... worth investigation further

RHCP
                F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  Hey what's a good F1 iPhone app?
                  the official one is the best but it costs $30 unles ur jb'd..has live track view and timing
                  Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                  Flickr
                  my car blog - Have a read
                  my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

What a race! I think Melbourne definitely turned it on!

Geez Maldonado can be a bit too agressive at times, full on ran Grosjean off the road and retired him.

Only didn't get to see Senna's pace but looks like Williams is the real deal.

Great drive Webber and Ricciardo!

Raikonnen no disappointment in both race and ice coldness.

Bring on Malaysia!

Comment

Kimi was certainly impressive, was also pleased with Alonso, great drive

Bit upset about Schumi, he got into 3rd first corner, thought he might be on the podium

RHCP
                      F1 Nut

Comment

Ah yes, Alonso really can man handle a car that's not performing well.

Poor Massa is not the same since the accident.

Hope Kubica continues well on his recovery to come back later this year or next....Ferrari is a possibility?

Lucky you being able to see a Mercedes close up to see the duct!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emptor010 View Post
                          Ah yes, Alonso really can man handle a car that's not performing well.

Poor Massa is not the same since the accident.

Hope Kubica continues well on his recovery to come back later this year or next....Ferrari is a possibility?

Lucky you being able to see a Mercedes close up to see the duct!!!
                          yeh its great seeing them up close, so much to learn

I was also in Ferrari pits, when the towed the cars (Massa friday and Alonso saturday) the towed them wrong and snapped the airbox, they ghetto'd the airboxes with tape and didnt bother repair them :P hahaah

RHCP
                          F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                            yeh its great seeing them up close, so much to learn

I was also in Ferrari pits, when the towed the cars (Massa friday and Alonso saturday) the towed them wrong and snapped the airbox, they ghetto'd the airboxes with tape and didnt bother repair them :P hahaah
                            Too funny.

I'm assuming you're not allowed to take photos in that area with all the secrecy?

They said Red Bull is going to be good in Malaysia.......... Based on qualifying, I didn't expect them to be as competitive as they were today.

So many teams in the mix............Mclaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, Lotus, Williams, Sauber..................

Comment

Nup, no photos what so ever... had my SLR too hahaah :P

But yeah, season is looking good. Williams are looking strong, and Lotus... well Grojean was unlucky

Should be a great season, want honda back tho :P

RHCP
                              F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                              X